z80's Content

There have been 578 items by z80 (Search limited from 28-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#208620 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by z80 on 01 February 2009 - 01:58 PM in Nerf Wars

The Schenectady war is going to be Effeminate. Wardog clan(us) is at least 5 people, possibly 8 or 10, plus your contingent, plus TNL, plus the SOF-T 5. We never get that many people. I am soo excited.

analogkid: 5 of my clan members may come too. This is going to be upstate NYs first Effeminate war.
SoF:Can we use converted paintball guns like the pistol splat?

Don't forget a few people from nightshift, maybe like five? Depends on peoples summer plans.

#208060 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by z80 on 30 January 2009 - 11:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be attending the schenetedy and Mill creek games barring any crazy event. And we should be able to bring a decent contingent.

#207460 March Meltdown

Posted by z80 on 28 January 2009 - 10:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I will have to leave a bit early, but not by much. I have to go to a sweet sixteen for a person I barely even know! (awkward senior with tons of sophomores)

#206576 Indoor Vs. Outdoor

Posted by z80 on 26 January 2009 - 04:14 PM in General Nerf

Outdoor, just for necessities sake. Only really nerfed inside once, which was freaking amazing, but every other time has been outdoors.

#206572 Most Effectve Setup

Posted by z80 on 26 January 2009 - 04:10 PM in General Nerf

In your opinion what is the most effective gun combonation? Why?(weather it be that one balances out the other, power, ROF, range, accuracy, looks, playing favorites, or what ever it is I just want to know why you chose your combonation and whats in it.)

Hur Hur Combination Thread.
There is no perfect combination. Everyone plays differently, and some people cannot play with certain weapons. I know that most people who would try out my combo of SM500 and maxshot would fail miserably. And I fail at certain combos. There is no definate measure of best combo or most useful.

#206342 Clash Of The Coasts!

Posted by z80 on 25 January 2009 - 05:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Maybe will come to this war, I'll see how it fits in with senior musical and how march meltdown goes with our group.
Also, I don't see why a plugged titan that isn't singled should be banned. I mean, it is your war, but its interesting to sometimes see shotgunned titans or something along those lines.
Lastly, you should add the National geographic gun to the banned list. Its actually equal to, if not better than the other guns.

#206339 Vip And 3d Models

Posted by z80 on 25 January 2009 - 05:03 PM in Homemades

Just a question, how easy would it be to make it so you can use the folded up stock as a shotgun foregrip? Like it can switch between rifle with stock and almost like a shotgun design by folding it in? Cause that would be a very cool design.

#205828 The Nerf Warrior System (nws)

Posted by z80 on 23 January 2009 - 11:10 PM in Homemades

I plan on doing something similar to this, save with Rare Earth Neodymium magnets.

Place 2-3 of the D-601 magnets offered on K&J Magnetics in the LS, using hot glue or duck tape to secure them. (Inside, preferably on the screw-hole side.) Then, use basically the same thing you did for the backpack.

Repeat with Recon, and create plate for side of leg for sidearms.

???

PROFIT! :lol:

If I only had the Lancer LS, I could go Gears. :)

Yeah that should work.
The longshot is a little annoying for placement, you either need to make risers for the magnets on the side, or have it attach on the rail. I would recomend the first option.

#204805 March Meltdown

Posted by z80 on 19 January 2009 - 06:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I'm going to try to make this. I'll start asking some of my friends and seeing who would be willing to play

#188645 Secret Shot 2 Internal Coupler Mod Write-up

Posted by z80 on 09 November 2008 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

I just plugged the OP valve about a half hour ago after getting disappointing ranges. Does anyone know the max number of pumps before the tank gets damaged? I think I've read every SS2 thread on this site and I can't find the answer anywhere...

Edit: And the optimal barrel length for the said number of pumps?

That's because there isn't one.
Not only is every blaster different, every pump is different, and it matters how fast you pump and how hard. The only "rule" that has any chance of working at all is the "one less" rule.

You're on your own. Barrel length, too, because that depends on your darts.

Um, hardness and speed of pumping means nothing. Its the number and length of pumps that mean anything.

#180887 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by z80 on 01 October 2008 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

SM500. Amazing range, great compact package, quiet and fairly reliable. Also can fire pretty much anything, since it has multiple barrels I can put on. And it has one of the best stock paint jobs of any gun.

#180244 New Jersey

Posted by z80 on 28 September 2008 - 06:12 PM in Off Topic

How about you go to NYC and get the train or hitch a ride with someone on the haven down to apoc? NYC is full of things to do, a little bit for everyone. I would really recommend going, there's tons to do.

#177048 Prices Of Nerf Crossbows

Posted by z80 on 13 September 2008 - 08:30 AM in General Nerf

You're only one state away from some of the larger wars. You're also a 4 hour drive from the Toronto/New Market contingent.
It's not the end of the world if your Buffalo group dissolves.

If you sold your crossbow you will have a very difficult time replacing it later.

We're not in buffalo....
But anyways, its mostly because alot of people are busy right now. For christs sake, I cant even see my friends this weekend between college and football. I think in the spring, once AP's die down and people are into college, we can have a few games. Also, we can start going to most out of state games, as people are starting to get senior liscences.

#175948 Ecno - October 11 - Coplay, Pennsylvania

Posted by z80 on 08 September 2008 - 04:42 PM in Nerf Wars

18th is the only date I can do with football. I could maybe scrounge up two to three other people. I'll talk to em tomorrow at school.

Sorry bro, we decided on the 11th already.

Unfortunately I can't remove my own poll - admins a little help, please?

Wow.
Im such a noob, not even reading the topic...
You should edit the topic title though, just a thought.

#175729 Ecno - October 11 - Coplay, Pennsylvania

Posted by z80 on 07 September 2008 - 05:52 PM in Nerf Wars

18th is the only date I can do with football. I could maybe scrounge up two to three other people. I'll talk to em tomorrow at school.

#174681 Nerf Wii Blasters

Posted by z80 on 03 September 2008 - 08:56 AM in General Nerf

I'm not exactly sure on the details, but think about it. If the switch shot uses a wii-mote the mote must be used as some kind of infared laser, so when you aim the gun it moves to where your aiming on the TV screen. Maybe it's the same way with the vulcan, just the switch shot will be able to move more where as the mega-vulcan will have to mostly stay stationary unless you feel like heavy lifting.

The wii-mote has a small camera on the end, that senses the infared lights in the sensor bar.
Also, Im pretty damn sure there will be more blasters IN GAME, we only have like two screen shots. The mega-vulcan will not actually be made. They are not going to make two almost identical large and expensive guns.

#171183 Buying From Wal-mart.com

Posted by z80 on 21 August 2008 - 06:31 AM in General Nerf

My friend had a bad experience with walmart. He got a double magstrike and double nightfinder pack. For 60 (or something) it was a pretty good deal. Then they didnt send him the nightfinders... His mom called, and they acted like the nightfinders just weren't part of it. They got part of their money back, but with the increased shipping, it made them just as expensive as two magstrike.

#168884 Season Of Foam

Posted by z80 on 13 August 2008 - 07:42 PM in News

Without a doubt you guys should come to NY. We could do it the day (or a few days) after an NJ war, so that you guys are close by, and we already have had a few wars, and have a large local group.

#167741 National Geographic Gun Problems

Posted by z80 on 10 August 2008 - 08:56 AM in Modifications

Replace the valve with a 2k tank with the very back cut off.
I hope I'm not the only one to think this.

Well that would require you to extend the pin in the tank, and then make a new seal. Also, you lose most of the range of the gun.
All the power of the national geographic gun comes from the valve. The valve is a special type thats basically a spring loaded normal valve. When you push the button, the plastic peice can allow the pin to go back, which is being pushed back by all of the pressure, making it shoot back very quickly.
Lastly, 45 degrees does matter. The titan only shoots STRAIT, not when it is tilted up. The NGG shoots only when it is about a 30-45 degree angle.

#166274 How Much More Do Stefans Hurt

Posted by z80 on 03 August 2008 - 07:59 PM in Homemades

Really, think of you gun. Lightly modded NF, FF or DTB? Go for it, any stefans will be fine. LS, Titan, NG Gun? You may wanna think about making them padded. Also, stock darts can hurt too, and leave mighty welts. I've made a cross shaped welt on my friend's arm from a velcro dart from a titan.

#166270 Longshot Vs X-bow

Posted by z80 on 03 August 2008 - 07:50 PM in General Nerf

Im going to post as somebody who has modded and used both, but never owned either. I think they are both amazing. You really can't compare them. As my one friend describes the longshot, "you don't really kill people with it. You help other people kill them with it, or land lucky shots." It's almost like suppressing fire. A longshot keeps the enemy at bay, and prevents them from rushing you. It keeps them distracted as the xbows and other long range shoots them down. Also, I love people who say the crossbow is ultra reliable. My friends with crossbows can never get the damned couplers to stay on. Also longshot is cheaper and easier to get.
TL;DR: Both are great. Nerf with what you want.
Also this topic is stupid. If you can get an xbow cheap, get it, or get a longshot. Nuff said.

#163997 Petg In Splash Ball Toy?

Posted by z80 on 23 July 2008 - 09:37 PM in General Nerf

I was lookin around Jays Sporting goods, and I noticed this splash ball blow gun type toy. I took a closer look, and you can buy refill barrrels and ammo, and the barrels are petg, they look to be the right size, I am going to buy some tomorrow. This isn't the exact gun, but it is close gun

Or you could buy petg from OMC.

Or you could use PETG as a BLOWGUN and get the SAME EFFECT.

#162970 The Vulcan

Posted by z80 on 16 July 2008 - 07:42 AM in General Nerf

I like how like no one on NHQ has asked him to open it...
We need internals for the damned thing. I could care less about external shots.

#161856 Battle For New York 2 - Recap

Posted by z80 on 07 July 2008 - 05:53 PM in Nerf Wars

srry, but where in new york? upstate? i just missed where it is.

Larchmont NY

#161167 Battle For New York 2 - Recap

Posted by z80 on 01 July 2008 - 08:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd love to go, but the 2 hour drive is pushing it at these gas prices. I'd be coming from 08016 if anyone wants to hitch a ride and chip in for gas??

Just thought I would let you know, I think you might wanna put like town name or something, since many epopel don't memorize zip codes...
Also, I am greatly looking forward to this game. It'll be amazing.
Lastly, hahaha parent playing. Should be funny. Don't mind at all though.

#160613 Cpvc On An Lbb

Posted by z80 on 27 June 2008 - 08:48 AM in General Nerf

Ivan -- Just because he bought half inch FBR doesn't mean 1/2" CPVC will be his barrel. Different companies measure differently. Easy proof? Compare 1/2" PVC and 1/2" CPVC. Relevant proof? Well, he may not have the correct fit.

Back on topic.

Here's what you do:
1) Put the ruler down.
2) Take a couple darts to your hardware store.
3) See what fits.
4) Buy it.
Voila.

1/2 PVC and CPVC are meant to be different. CPVC is trully 1/2inch inside, PVC has the same OD as 1/2 inch steel pipe but different ID (hence the 5/8')

#160475 The Nerf Warrior System Pocket Edition

Posted by z80 on 26 June 2008 - 08:12 AM in Homemades

Very nice, I really like it. Great to see our idea being improved upon.

#160368 Colleges That Nerf

Posted by z80 on 25 June 2008 - 08:37 AM in General Nerf

I know Olin in massachusetts has a club.

You Serious? I literally live in walking distance of that place. Now that I think about it my local hardware store said that students from there came in asking for PETG..

Anyways...

-OfAll'

Yeah they mentioned it when I was on the tour for Olin.

#160338 Colleges That Nerf

Posted by z80 on 24 June 2008 - 10:02 PM in General Nerf

I know Olin in massachusetts has a club.

#160166 Eye Protection

Posted by z80 on 23 June 2008 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I use Dart Tag Goggles/glasses.

How can people even fit these on their faces... they are so tiny :D

I use them occasionally, and I have a big ass head... They're not that bad...
I also like airsoft goggles, they have good coverage, impact rating and fog protection. I lost mine though, so I switch between DT goggles, sunglasses and a pair of random goggles from a dance show I did tech for awhile ago. (yeah really random and thats why I like em. They flash)

#160082 The Other Nerfwiki

Posted by z80 on 23 June 2008 - 09:48 AM in General Nerf

C'mon, we're not that bad!
Just kidding. Nerfmonkey, I believe that the purpose it served was to (originally) be a clansite for Megaman_92, called the Foam Fighters or something, and then it was changed to Foam Universe and people started joining. I like the site's chatbox, I think that's a good idea. Rarely do we get spammers, and if one of us has a problem while modding a gun, we get faster replies than making a new topic.
Also, have there been a lot of threads here about Foam Universe? I'm wondering because you said that you're sick of hearing about Foam Universe and their bad ideas, but I don't know if its just because I haven't been around long enough or if I missed.

Didn't HQ a while back have a chat thing? That does seem like a decent idea, but not something to switch forums for. I also understand your reasoning with the clan site, we have the same thing.

#160081 The Vulcan

Posted by z80 on 23 June 2008 - 09:34 AM in General Nerf

Battery powered=fail.

Seriously, to get a decent amount of range you would have to add an actual "good" spring and to fire a "good" spring you would probably have to hook it up to a car battery.

This thread runs in circles. This has been discussed before...Car battery=12V, 6 C batteries=9V. Only 3V difference. Not to mention that the car battery would have too much amperage for a small electric motor to handle.
When will this thread end?

*facepalm*
Amperage is determined by the device, not the power source.
V=IR
Voltage=12 v
I is current
R is resistance of the motor. As the resistance increases, aperage decreases.

#159860 Flag N' Frag System

Posted by z80 on 20 June 2008 - 06:02 PM in Nerf Wars

We could do it outside, or in the basement.

You're a kinky son of a gun... Sorry though, I don't roll that way. Better luck next time.

(Sorry...I couldn't resist :D )

HAVE YOU EVAH MADE LOVE TO A THUG IN THE CLUB WITH HIS SIGHTS ON, 87 JEANS AND A FRESH PAIR A NIKES ON?
ON THE COUCH ON THE TABLE ON THE BAR ON THE FLOOOOOOOOOOO
Back on topic, I think this game is a little complicated. We've done a similar game called outpost, I'll try to look for some written instructions..
Found em: Oupost: There are 5 bases. Each team gets one base to begin with and the other 3 are nuetral. You can respawn in any base still in your power. When the game begins, each team moves to conquer the bases. Each base is considered property of the last person the enter it unapposed. FOR EXAMPLE:, when the games starts Belasaruis and Fredrick the Great run and occupiy the Stone Fortress. Along comes Napoleon who is able to kill Belasarius and then kills Fredrick before Belasarius respawns. Belasarius and Fredrick have to retreat and respawn somewhere else while napoleon is left master of the fort. The game ends when one team is in possestion of all 5 bases or the majority of bases once 45 min are up.

#159656 Team Fortress 2

Posted by z80 on 18 June 2008 - 07:56 PM in Off Topic

Id: Dernubenfrieken
I play alot of TF2, pretty much all classes.

#159602 The Great Office War

Posted by z80 on 18 June 2008 - 12:05 PM in General Nerf

I'm afraid that a single blast from the Absolver would take out, like, six people at once. XD

I guess that's why nerf doesn't have a stock shotgun.
Anyway, it was a pretty fun video to watch. I loved the staging and the ridiculous amount of nerf guns they had. Too many recons though. Not a big fan of those.

Nerf does, in fact, have four guns that can fire multiple darts at once stock. They are the Hornet, Blastfire, Warthog, and Manta Ray.

Also the triple strike.

#159506 Battle For New York 2 - Recap

Posted by z80 on 17 June 2008 - 02:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Assuming nothing else comes up I should be there on the 19th.
Just got fired from Dunkin' Donuts so my schedule is wide open.
I'm actually going to be in the area on the 14th and 15th for college orientation at Purchase.
I'm bringing bee spray or something this time, maybe some honey.

Skitzo-

NO DOUGHNUTS!?!?!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see you there skitzo.

#159303 Battle For New York 2 - Recap

Posted by z80 on 15 June 2008 - 08:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Last September's Battle for New York was one of the funnest (besides the bees, of course.) home wars I've ever been to. Talking with the rest of my group, we agreed that the 12th of July would work best for us. We're pretty flexible, though.

And by rest of group, meaning one person we really don't even care about... So yeah 19th is fine. I also think we may have more than 6, probably more like 8 to 10, but only our pretty good players. I'm hoping we can do Outpost (a game that works perfectly there) along with all the standard games (3-15, gunslinger, etc)
If anyone needs to take a train, the mamaroneck station is very close, and we could probably get you a ride from new Rochelle if you're taking Amtrak.

#158297 Favorite Older Computer Game.

Posted by z80 on 06 June 2008 - 08:17 PM in Off Topic

GIZMOS AND GADGETS.

#158170 Lino

Posted by z80 on 05 June 2008 - 07:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in school til the 20th. So, if its on the 14th, I won't be able to make it. Otherwise, I'm a maybe for the 21st. I'll need to see who else from my group I can round up.

Yeah 14th I'll have to study for math final. So no go for that date. 21st would probably work great for my group.

#158010 Sm500

Posted by z80 on 04 June 2008 - 02:58 PM in Modifications

My guess is that is has something to do with the way the firing pin is alligned inside of the airtank. I could be wrong though. One little piece might not be back in the right place, though. Try opening it back up, take a careful inspection, and hold the pieces in, and work the trigger mechanism. I bet you'll be able to find the problem.

Ive been at this for hours... I think that picture might actually be wrong...

Just remove the L-shaped peice. Thats probably whats stuck.