He Who Mods's Content

There have been 95 items by He Who Mods (Search limited from 21-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#333945 Efficient Barrels

Posted by He Who Mods on 11 September 2013 - 08:31 PM in Darts and Barrels

In theory this sounds like it should produce better performance. I will try it out myself with brass and PETG this weekend, but is there anyone out there that has tried this type of barrel, and could shed some light onto if and how much it increases performance?

I have tried this with 3" of CPVC and 13" of Sch.80 and it worked well. The barrel significantly decreased the problem of darts fishtailing out of a 14" CPVC barrel on my pumpsnap and new latex-double SNAP design, making the dart fly much more accurate than normal CPVC. I am not sure however, if it increases range too much, if so, only 10ish more feet. Also, I see no flex in my hopper other than the usual, but it does add weight, occasionally falling out.

#333572 n-strike clip fed electric eel.

Posted by He Who Mods on 30 August 2013 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

This is a really nice writeup, too bad I don't have an electric eel . This would make a great secondary. If I do get one I will try this, also, this looks like it could be implemented on other pistols too without too much trouble.

#333162 How do you cut Plastic Tubing from McMaster?

Posted by He Who Mods on 17 August 2013 - 03:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

I do. It made making a rearloading AT2k that didn't drop darts out the barrels more difficult. I think it's because of the QC of McMaster's tube.

Thanks, I had suspected that but was not entirely sure. The AT2K I overhauled had the same problem.

The 1/2" brass from McM fits perfectly.

That makes sense as the brass is smaller, I may try that too.

#333152 How do you cut Plastic Tubing from McMaster?

Posted by He Who Mods on 17 August 2013 - 10:01 AM in Darts and Barrels

The difficulty of dealing with PETG was one of the reasons I began using CPVC. I used to use a hacksaw then about 20 minutes of sanding whenever I dealt with it. I haven't actually tried this but if I recall correctly you can make pretty clean cuts using a piece of 17/32 brass and rotating pipe cutters (the wheel one, not the knife one.) Roughly cut the PETG with some extra out, insert the brass, and then you can use the roller cutters without crunching the PETG and smashing it.

I tried using this method at first, but for some strange reason, my PETG (2044T43) would not accept 17/32" without hammering it into the PETG and deforming it. I was surprised because many people had done it before with no problem. Does anyone have the same problem?

#333082 Troubleshooting singled longshot

Posted by He Who Mods on 15 August 2013 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

I had the same thing happen to my singled longshot. At first, it only got about 65-75 ft. instead of the 100-115ft. I had expected. I added a much stronger spring and re-did the seal of the bottom of the bolt to the inside of the plunger since my measurements were wrong. This did not let the bolt return far enough to seal with the top of the plunger tube, letting air escape. Once fixed, my longshot shot easily over 100ft. (it still doesn't shoot streamlines due to too much friction in the barrel and not enough air volume) Also, your paint job and stock integration are awesome and I was glad I could see them at the war.

#332922 M.O.W.

Posted by He Who Mods on 12 August 2013 - 10:21 AM in Nerf Wars

+++Hiding behind a 1" diameter tree and sucessfully using it as cover.

That tree totally moved into the way of my dart. Wilmore park is alive!

Those were hilarious

All in all, the war was super fun even though mindlord didn't show. Hopefully he can make the next. I think carpe is my new favorite game type, and DTC sucked with everyone cheating. Next war I hope to do a few more games and start it at noon. I don't think I need to rent a pavilion though. Thanks for everyone who came, the war was great!

#332831 M.O.W.

Posted by He Who Mods on 09 August 2013 - 05:57 PM in Nerf Wars

One night to make 100 more slugs, yay.

#332783 M.O.W.

Posted by He Who Mods on 08 August 2013 - 12:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Great, glad you are coming. I totally agree on the awfuls rules. If you participate, the blaster should not shoot more than fifteen feet or be automatic. (no AR removed magstrikes)

#332749 M.O.W.

Posted by He Who Mods on 06 August 2013 - 07:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok Azrael, that's fine, maybe he can come to the next one. I am looking to buy/trade for AT2,3,4K's and will be selling wyes. The wyes are limited so reserve them if you want them!

#332669 M.O.W.

Posted by He Who Mods on 03 August 2013 - 02:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Great, hopefully you can make it. I highly doubt that your sickness was related to the war, unless you got sun poisoning or something. I hope more people will come other than the same people at SLANE. Anyways, I will use the edit button to respond to everyone else since I am an FNG. Never mind, just got promoted to a member, will respond normally now.

#332488 M.O.W.

Posted by He Who Mods on 30 July 2013 - 02:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Hello and Welcome to MOW! (Missouri War)

Date: Saturday, August 10th
Time: ~10:00am-4:00pm

google maps link

What to Bring

- $10 ( entry cost to help pay for the pavilion)
-At least 1 primary and 1 secondary
-Darts, I would suggest 150-200, there will be dart sweeps
-Sunscreen. We don't want any sunburns.
-Eye Protection. Mandatory for all ages
-Melee Weapons
-Money and items for trade. (optional)
-a raffle item (optional)
-Water
-A lunch, unless you plan on driving somewhere to eat (There will be a lunch/trade brake from 12:00-1:00)
-A friend (or lots of friends)

What NOT to Bring

-black, camo, or realistic looking blasters
-Glue domes
-Singled Titans, Ridiculously powered blasters
-Homemade Air Cannons (unless you are Azrael and have a supa cool one :) )
-Alcohol/Drugs

Game Types

-Death Match
-Defend/ Offend the Core
-CTF/ Carpe
-Wingman
-Freezetag

Attendees:

Me + 5-6
Mindlord (co-host) + 2-3
Azrael + 1?
Shanaynay
Maybes:

Xenial

Alright guys, that's it. Hopefully we can get an even better turnout then SLANE 2!

#332406 Alternative angel breech reinforcment

Posted by He Who Mods on 28 July 2013 - 03:00 PM in Modifications

Wow, this is pretty cool, not only because of its simplicity, but this cuts the cost literally in half for an angel breech. Now, you really only need 17/32" and 9/16" to make the breech since the metal bar pushes the dart instead of a smaller diameter size brass.This is definitely what I am doing to my next LS.

#331894 SLANE: The Second Coming

Posted by He Who Mods on 13 July 2013 - 09:50 PM in Nerf Wars

In agreement with Shanaynay, I had an an awesome time at SLANE 2 today, I definitely hope to see more Missouri wars on the forums and will look out for them. I think that the rounds could have been a bit more organized do to everyone just talking for 30 minutes in between rounds and also have a little more diversity of game types, but I still had a ton of fun and thank the coordinators for the pretty great war.

#331549 PANB 870

Posted by He Who Mods on 03 July 2013 - 09:56 PM in Homemades

Wow, like many of the others have said, this is an amazing design that is not too hard to replicate at all. I definitely hope to try and make on of these in the future. Also, judging that most of the blaster are PVC and wood, would this be a fairly inexpensive build? Again, great work on the loading mechanism. :D

#331220 SLANE: The Second Coming

Posted by He Who Mods on 24 June 2013 - 09:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Count me in! I will be bringing one to three other people along. I can't wait for SLANE 2!