Fuse's Content

There have been 328 items by Fuse (Search limited from 19-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#45542 Air Power

Posted by Fuse on 06 January 2005 - 10:59 AM in General Nerf

Is he Jewish? Or Israeli? They don't allow foreigners in their military forces.

Well I also seriously doubt they have SWAT teams, since that acronym is english.

#45519 Maverick Locations

Posted by Fuse on 05 January 2005 - 09:16 PM in General Nerf

So it seems they are quite common in the west. Has anyone in the east (especially south-east) seen them in stores, or is the west coast getting them first?

#45518 Nerf World Order

Posted by Fuse on 05 January 2005 - 09:01 PM in News

Im an old NO member, and while it had it's share of idiots, most of those were paintballers trying to get their jollies off while they were still lodged firmly in their pelvis, and my memories from there are almost all a plesant group of folks sharing ideas and a few laughs. Most of the posts I read here have little point and aren't entertaining. Mostly they are a waste of bandwidth. Truth be told, I don't check 80% of the topics here once I've read the initial post, if then.

Hopefully, once karma is in place and idiots are dealt with, the Haven will be able to bond together a bit more. At least, thats my hope.

I think the idea is that we can test karma with people the admins are already (somewhat) familiar with to make sure its working properly. Its dumb to try to calibrate a new device using an unknown variable.

Oh, and LastMan, cx said in the second post linked above that users will start with 50 points on a 1-100 scale, though of course by now he may have changed his mind.

#45500 Nerf World Order

Posted by Fuse on 05 January 2005 - 07:01 PM in News

If you don't have an account now, you're not likely to have one until Karma is done and fully tested.

I think you guys must have missed that part. Registration will be opened once Karma is done. Seems like a sensible solution to me.

#45390 Happy New Years

Posted by Fuse on 03 January 2005 - 11:57 AM in Off Topic

New Years is one of the most depressing holidays ever. Wait till you're older, you'll understand why everyone drinks. I know I did. Drink fast and hard so you pass out before you remember why you were drinking.

#45353 Nerf Gun Remakes?

Posted by Fuse on 02 January 2005 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

Im pretty sure that was just a rumour. You know how those internets can be. ^_^

#45352 Product Testing

Posted by Fuse on 02 January 2005 - 02:55 PM in Off Topic

Actually, if you read the EULA on most of them, (iPod ones especially) it will basically say that they are not forced in any way to send you anything other than spam and other unwanted crap like spyware and worms.

Most that I've read seem to state that mainly incase of them not having any to give out. But the one I linked above I've spoken to two people who have completed it and recieved the 40gb iPod.

#45340 Product Testing

Posted by Fuse on 02 January 2005 - 11:56 AM in Off Topic

Many are legit. One good one is the Free Photo iPod offer I'm currently trying to complete.

Actually, follow my referral link so you can sign up for your own, and help me complete mine.

The way it works is you have to complete 1 offer, then get 10 other people to do the same. Its pretty nice, since there are offers like Blockbusters free online trial. You get movies, you get credit for a completed offer, and it doesnt cost you a dime.

Anyone willing to help me knock this puppy out, it would be greatly appreciated.

#45338 Where Da Old Bastards At?

Posted by Fuse on 02 January 2005 - 11:44 AM in Off Topic

I actually saw a pic of them wearing miniskirts, angel wings, and pasties. Not photoshopped. Then, of course, it disappeared from the site it was on and I've never found it again. <_<

#45299 Mavrics

Posted by Fuse on 01 January 2005 - 04:07 PM in General Nerf

No Mavs at either of my Targets, and no Lanard guns at the only K-Mart left near me either (damn Wal-Mart). My Targets do have the new Nite Finders. I take that as a good sign that some day I'll be able to get a Mav.

#45298 Where Da Old Bastards At?

Posted by Fuse on 01 January 2005 - 03:59 PM in Off Topic

Heh, I remember the Goo PS of the "God kills a kitten" pic. Good times.

#45277 Mavrics

Posted by Fuse on 01 January 2005 - 11:02 AM in General Nerf

Every time I feel like NH is being overrun by morons I need only look to NHQ to remind me how glorious this place is.

Does anyone know if stores in the South East have gotten the Mav yet? Due to automotive troubles I haven't left the house since shortly after Christmas and, thus, haven't made it to Target.

#45261 Nintendo Ds

Posted by Fuse on 01 January 2005 - 01:55 AM in Off Topic

Yeah, although, SM 64 DS has a lot of useless mini games. Still an awesome game, though. So is Spider Man 2. Nothin' can replace the good old Super Mario 64, though. Still haven't beaten it.

How are minigames useless? I love em. Spent more time on minigames than the main game. Good way to kill some time.

#45172 Crayola Barrels

Posted by Fuse on 30 December 2004 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

If you crayola barrel basically anything but a pistol, you need to add 1/2'' pvc over it. I thought all you guys new that. That helps the accuracy on higher power guns that need longer barrels. But my point was can you make ball shooting guns shoot stefans with a crayola barrel? Can you make high-powered missle shooting guns shoot stefans with a crayola barrel?

Ballguns usually dont release air fast enough to fire darts well.

As for a larger missile type gun, I would imagine the original barrel would be far too large to use a crayola in. You would have to bridge quite a gap to seal it.

#45168 Crayola Barrels

Posted by Fuse on 30 December 2004 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

If your crayolas arent helping there could be two problems that I see.

First be sure the dart fits in the marker well. Obviously, as with any other barrel material you need a good fit. Also be sure the marker doesnt have any obtrusions inside it. Some markers have ridges that you will need to cut out.

Second be sure the barrel is sealed well with the marker. I wrap the base of mine in electrical tape, then if needed wrap the rest of it in duct tape. The electrical tape is smooth and makes a good seal, and the duct tape afterwards will help to keep the marker straight in the barrel.

#45132 Nerf Games

Posted by Fuse on 30 December 2004 - 09:51 AM in General Nerf

Here
and
here
and
here

Hooray for search!

#45130 Merry Christmas

Posted by Fuse on 30 December 2004 - 09:41 AM in Off Topic

Yeah, that Bob bush site is shit. I saw the red state/blue state map, saw it was inaccurate, and closed my window.

For Xmas, I got I'm Just Here for More Food by Alton Brown, Revolver and Abbey Road, two huge containers of Nutella, GTA San Andreas, and DDR Extreme. Those were the highlights at least.

I asked my parents not to get me GTA San Andreas. I just know that if I had it in my possession I would fail all my classes. GTA Vice City did enough damage to my grades when it came out.

Hah, thats why I waited till after my finals to get new games. The way I figure, there is enough time in x-mas break to beat the games once, so then I will only drop to Ds instedad of fail. :D

#45099 Whats Your Favorite Line Of Nerf Guns?

Posted by Fuse on 29 December 2004 - 06:42 PM in General Nerf

Either the N-Strike or MaxForce (that was what they called the animal themed ones, right?)

The N-Strike was cool because it started in the old days (remember Roto-Track?) and now has contributed a great deal to the resurgence in Nerf and the revival of my arsenal.

The MaxFoce, on the other hand, is home to the Razor Beast, which sucked but I always loved the style. It also made the Warthog, which is by far my favorite Nerf brand gun. I seriously almost cried when mine died. I used to win wars with that gun alone.

My favorite dart-gun line is the SuperMaxx line. My 2500, 5000 and 500s are still my favorite guns. But it would never be my favorite if it werent for the Larami made earlier guns, so I dont know if I should say its my favoire line of Nerf guns.

#45060 Crayola Barrels

Posted by Fuse on 29 December 2004 - 12:31 PM in Modifications

The success of Crayolas depends a lot on the gun, at least in my experience. I crayola'd my Roto-Track and got a good boost in range by using micros. My Splitfire with crayolas is also very good. Some guns, however, are too powerful and you will need to put a longer barrel in.

#45059 Merry Christmas

Posted by Fuse on 29 December 2004 - 12:29 PM in Off Topic

two huge containers of Nutella

What's that? Might be a stupid question...

I also remember reading that diamonds, with their good conductivity and extremely high melting points, would be good for computer chips.

Yeah, but think how expesive that would be. Also, that's why they diamond coat saw blades and use it in some kinds of big industrial cutting stuff and all that.

Silver is, I think, the best metal conductor, but I'm not totally sure so don't hold me to it. I know it's not gold because it's too soft.

Nutella is a hazel nut spread. Stuff is very good (Tho it seems to be one of those things you either love or hate). But it gives me bad gas, so I don't eat it.

#45010 Merry Christmas

Posted by Fuse on 28 December 2004 - 02:04 PM in Off Topic

I read it in a random history book some time ago, I could try to dig it up but I’m not here to prove one thing or another. I believe it to be true weather or not you do is your choice. But think about it, there are a lot of prettier stones why use a diamond. And at one point someone had to realize the cutting capability of the stone so why but a stone on a ring if it can cut glass. That’s enough for me to believe so you can choose to or not, it’s not really a debate or theorem to prove nor discredit.

Didnt mean to call you a liar or anything, just saying I've never heard that before and would be interested to know more. I've stated my oppinion on diamonds, so obviously I would like to be educated if there is a side of things I don't know.

#44999 Merry Christmas

Posted by Fuse on 28 December 2004 - 10:42 AM in Off Topic

Actually the original use of a diamond ring, also know as an etching ring, was for that exact thing. Lovers would use the ring to leave messages to each other in pains of glass, such as meeting places and times. Over the years it has now turned into what it is now. But it doesn’t change the fact that women do love them and that won’t change till something better and more expensive comes around, so buck up fellas it could be worst.

Ive never heard this. Got a source? I thought diamond's etching purposes were used more for industrial uses. Never heard of lovers writing in glass (which doenst make much sense).

#44976 Where Da Old Bastards At?

Posted by Fuse on 28 December 2004 - 01:03 AM in Off Topic

vaccallica, spoon, hal, stefan? anybody over 13? what the hell happened to nerfonline?

Hey, I'll be 19 on the 12th of Jan! :D

From what I see a lot of the vets are still reading the boards some, but dont post that much because there isnt much to say if you've been on the scene that long. Really, a lot of the topics these days are off-topic posts or noobish posts. Latest discussions I see... two threads that are nerf-related and aren't old ideas.

VACC still posts, but I dont know what the hell he's saying half the time. Usually cracks me up tho.

#44975 Merry Christmas

Posted by Fuse on 28 December 2004 - 12:57 AM in Off Topic

And what's your problem with diamonds?

We can artificially create stones that are better than diamonds. Diamonds are not rare. Diamonds have had (until relatively recently) no signifigance beyond industrial uses. There is no good reason why diamonds are priced as they are or held as symbols of love or anything of that sort.

Why are diamonds so important, so pricy? Because DeBeers says so. It's as simple as that. They buy 80% of the diamonds on the open market, and mine 50% (those % are probably out of date by a year or two now, sorry). Then they shove most of it in storage to keep prices nice and high. Throw in ads that say, "Diamonds = Love!" and you've got yourself a successful cartel. Diamonds never had anything to do with love or marriage until DeBeers decided they would.

DeBeers pretty much single handedly invented worth for the diamond in the mid 1900s. Around the 90s I believe they decided that the engagement ring trick was worn out and they wanted to expand their market. Now they've convinced people to buy diamonds for pretty much any occasion, to be stuck pretty much anywhere on the body.

Here is an article about it. There are hundreds of articles like that one out there. If you are curious just give Google a poke. Interesting stuff.

And of course for the politically minded there is always the bloodier side of the diamond industry.

Whew, what a hijack.

#44964 An Idea For Nerf Wars

Posted by Fuse on 27 December 2004 - 09:45 PM in General Nerf

When I'm actually in a war, the only way to carry darts is in a waist pack.

Jeez, that reminds me of the good old days of Spoon's fanny pack and headband...
And his website full of cheezy gifs and with an irritating sound on the index page.

#44956 Merry Christmas

Posted by Fuse on 27 December 2004 - 02:54 PM in Off Topic

Diamonds are a girls best friend after all.

Ugh. Don't get me started on diamonds.

#44950 Merry Christmas

Posted by Fuse on 27 December 2004 - 12:12 PM in Off Topic

My swag:
Nintendo DS
Leather Jacket
George Foreman Grill
The Badass Bible by S. K. Smith
Brita filters (to be used to make cheap alcohol drinkable while Im at school)
New tri-fold wallet
New Grado headphones (they are nice :D )
Butterfly Knife
Super Mario 64 DS
Golden Sun (GBA)
Best of Chris Farley DVD
A 25 spool of DVD-Rs and gift cards to Hollywood Video. haha piracy

My favorite gift tho, was Harvey Danger's "Sometimes You Have to Work on Christmas (Sometimes)" EP that I got, because the band sent a signed Christmas card with it. That was such a cool gift.

It should be noted that my birthday is Jan 12, and Ill be back in school, so I got a lot of "birthday" gifts on Christmas. Just going to get like $30 in martial arts books for b-day.

#44948 Nintendo Ds

Posted by Fuse on 27 December 2004 - 05:26 AM in Off Topic

Cant wait for more games for my DS. Mario 64 is a blast tho, and Metroid's multi is the most fun Ive had on a handheld in a while.

lol PSP = fanboys.

#44884 Merry Christmas

Posted by Fuse on 25 December 2004 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

May you all have a better christmas than I

What? You made it sound like you're having a bad christmas. that's pretty hard to have a bad christmas.

Having a bad Christmas is very easy unless you are perfectly happy to be surrounded by silly material things. I got dumped x-mas eve two years ago, and let me tell you, even that Alienware seemed pretty shitty at the time.

This years going good tho. :P

#44850 Merry Christmas

Posted by Fuse on 25 December 2004 - 10:46 AM in Off Topic

Ooh, I hope Santa brought me the entire Nerf line like I asked! lol

Merry god damn Christmas.

#44671 Oops

Posted by Fuse on 23 December 2004 - 05:07 PM in Off Topic

Heres a life lesson; Its still your fault. It doesnt matter, and we dont care. Regardless of how it happened, your account was used by someone to post, and that is your responcibility. Don't make excuses, just be a man, apologize, and move on.

#44622 This Is Wierd

Posted by Fuse on 23 December 2004 - 11:50 AM in Off Topic

Wait wait wait...so there would be cases in which suicide woul be a good idea?!
I was hella not serious with my post....but that's rifuckingdiculous, >Fuse<.

How about my grandfather who had a stroke and afterwards could not speak or swallow? He just sat there drooling all day living through a tube in his arm. He committed suicide, and no one thought any less of him for it.

Or my friend who was driving drunk, hit a minivan, knocked it off the highway, and killed an entire family. I never thought any less of him because he committed suicide. And I dont believe he did it to run from his problems.

#44599 This Is Wierd

Posted by Fuse on 23 December 2004 - 01:57 AM in Off Topic

God forbid your actually committing suicide, because suicide just doesn't make sense.

I'm sorry, but I would love to know what qualifies you to make judgement calls on someone you don't know's life.

#44593 College!

Posted by Fuse on 23 December 2004 - 01:15 AM in Off Topic

We've had this discussion before. If I recall correctly cx basically said that if they get their idea across and aren't annoying about it then stfu and leave them be. I just passed my first english class with the highest grade in the class, and I am far from an exceptional speller. This isn't elementary school, people.

#44572 Wooden Darts

Posted by Fuse on 22 December 2004 - 10:18 PM in Homemades

What kind of wood did you use?
Does that go in or over a barrel?

#44570 College!

Posted by Fuse on 22 December 2004 - 10:15 PM in Off Topic

And physics could not possibly be interesting... I may be going into engineering, but I'm staying as far away from anything with physics as possible. It's all theory, and that doesn't work with me.

Actually theoretical physics can be pretty interesting. I'm no brainiac, just started college this year, but I read outside of school, and there is something great about thinking you might be one step closer to understanding... well, everything.

Everything starts as a theory.

(I'm not trying to change your oppinion, just stating mine. Don't want to be misunderstood.)

#44551 This Is Wierd

Posted by Fuse on 22 December 2004 - 07:54 PM in Off Topic

Dogbert's New Ruling Class?

#44535 This Is Wierd

Posted by Fuse on 22 December 2004 - 05:44 PM in Off Topic

What ever happened to dignity?
Oh well, cya.

#44302 Congrats Nerf Haven

Posted by Fuse on 18 December 2004 - 10:31 PM in Off Topic

Nobody cares what your member number is.

But yours does count my liege :)

You got a little something on your nose. Its kind of brown...

#44292 Sharpie Markers

Posted by Fuse on 18 December 2004 - 07:27 PM in General Nerf

I never was able to get an even look. The borders between strokes always showed VERY clearly for me. Any if I tried to go over an area often the second coat would sort of re-wet the first coat and just get messy.