Photo

Nerf Gun Remakes?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Bolanga24

Bolanga24

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 12:58 PM

Ok, I've been away from nerf for a while and before the break is over I wanted to get a few more guns. A very long time ago I heard that nerf was remaking powerclips to sell exclusively to kmart this fall. Does anyone know if this is true? I looked on google and a few other sites and wasn't able to find anything. Any help greatly appreciated.

#2 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 02:58 PM

Im pretty sure that was just a rumour. You know how those internets can be. ^_^
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#3 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, since it was purported to be last fall and the fall before that, I think it was a pipe dream.

#4 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:37 PM

The Nerf team origionally said they would be rereleasing the powerclip last fall, but now they have no plans on rereleasing it at all.

THIRST
ko

#5 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 08:49 PM

Didn't they too say that they were going to rerelease the Whiptail Scorpion at some point? I don't remember ever seeing it. Not that it matters as the Scorpion is about as mediocre as they come, but I was just curious.

#6 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

I think the max force line is over for good.

#7 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:36 PM

They kinda do when you think about the similiarity in the hornet,blastfire, and airtech jet squadron in design. Or the wildfire,rapidfire 20 and powerclip. My guess is that nerf will come out with another fully auto gun soon, there's just so much demand by regualr people for such a cool gun.

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:47 PM

Um, the powerclip and the rf20/wf are nothing alike, completly different mecanishms(sp).

#9 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:21 PM

Didn't they too say that they were going to rerelease the Whiptail Scorpion at some point? I don't remember ever seeing it. Not that it matters as the Scorpion is about as mediocre as they come, but I was just curious.

They said that on Nerf Center. The site is so outdated that its still in their previews section.

They also claimed that nerf was re-releasing the hidden shot, monoblast,wristblizter and backlash aswell. Tells you how much they knew..

#10 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:26 PM

Why the hell do people start rumours, or nerf start rumours, that they are re-releasing shitty guns?

#11 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:39 PM

Why the hell do people start rumours, or nerf start rumours, that they are re-releasing shitty guns?

People really just start rumors about nerf or anything else for attention. Even if a rumor starts out as "Hey it would be really cool if they re-release the powerclip." Some people feed off of attention. As for something nerf says. Thats all marketing. Businesses can change decisions about products lightning fast.
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#12 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:18 PM

OK thanks for the answer, but it was mostly rhetorical, just stating that most of the rumours are for bad guns.

#13 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:05 PM

The powerclip and wildfire,rf20 use the same type of mechanism for delivering air and advancing the ammo holding mechanism, the only differenece is the application to a turret and clip.

#14 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:24 PM

Didn't they too say that they were going to rerelease the Whiptail Scorpion at some point?  I don't remember ever seeing it.  Not that it matters as the Scorpion is about as mediocre as they come, but I was just curious.

They said that on Nerf Center. The site is so outdated that its still in their previews section.

They also claimed that nerf was re-releasing the hidden shot, monoblast,wristblizter and backlash aswell. Tells you how much they knew..

They were rereleased, though. I saw a hidden shot in the 2000ish nerf packaging on eBay once...
Morons With Guns own you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users