okto's Content

There have been 490 items by okto (Search limited from 11-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#42258 Staking My Claim

Posted by okto on 22 November 2004 - 10:38 PM in Off Topic

i got $50 that says he was bidding on the strap-on.

#44985 Mod Question

Posted by okto on 28 December 2004 - 04:36 AM in Modifications

With barrels long enough to do justice to the Xbow, most multibarrel turrets would likely bend or break. It's an interesting idea. Get your hands on an Xbow and try it out.

#49809 Anyone Know Apple Well?

Posted by okto on 16 March 2005 - 06:05 PM in Off Topic

Okay, your Apple guru is here.
You reset the power manager, good first step. Have you tried zapping the PRAM? Hold down Option-P-R while booting to do so. The PRAM is the Mac equivalent of a PC's CMOS; it holds things like time and date, boot disk, and various low-level hardware configs. If it gets corrupted, it can cause all kinds of (minor) problems, one of which is lack of booting.
If that doesn't work, it's quite possible that the PRAM battery is dead. I would leave it plugged in and powered off for a couple days to give it time to recharge, just to see if it can be coaxed back to life, but if not, check eBay for a PRAM battery. Should be $12-$20, and you won't need to buy another for at least another two years.
Cx's suggestion is a good one too, especially with the Intelligent Battery-equipped PowerBooks.

Been sitting dormant for 5 months...interested in selling it?

#33332 Blastfire Problems

Posted by okto on 06 August 2004 - 04:27 PM in Modifications

doesn't the BF use a similar valve system to the SS2? cos i damaged my SS2 valve, but i gooped around the inner edge of the valve end, let it cure completely, then sprayed copious WD40 into the valve, pumped it up and fired several times. now it seals perfectly, no measurable leak at all.
i would try the WD40 first, if it doesn't fix the leak it will at least let you know where it is.

#33836 Megaman Gun Chez Tru

Posted by okto on 12 August 2004 - 08:00 PM in General Nerf

well, i was there to pick up a blast bazooka, so i didn't buy it. it looks like it doesn't have much in the way of a piston, but i really couldn't tell; it's practically bolted into the box (so i couldn't test it out), and looking into the gauntlet there's just a conglomeration of same-colored plastic.
i'm assuming it's a springer.

#33832 Megaman Gun Chez Tru

Posted by okto on 12 August 2004 - 07:34 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

closeup of the ammo
Posted Image

$17.00

#33489 Connecticut

Posted by okto on 07 August 2004 - 11:27 PM in Nerf Wars

*shrug* think what you like.

#33729 Song In The Gba Sp Commercials?

Posted by okto on 11 August 2004 - 12:59 AM in Off Topic

what's the song featured in nintendo's game boy advance SP commercial with the dude standing in an urban environment playing GB?

#44855 Happy Birthday!

Posted by okto on 25 December 2004 - 01:47 PM in Off Topic

Do y'all get the "one present for birthday and Christmas" shaft?

#35771 Song In The Gba Sp Commercials?

Posted by okto on 29 August 2004 - 05:18 PM in Off Topic

that one is Situation by Yaz, which is so far from made up for nintendo it's immeasurable. one of the defining synth riffs of new wave.

the song i was looking for is Strict Machine by Goldfrapp.