Orange's Content

There have been 50 items by Orange (Search limited from 30-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#149145 Shining Force

Posted by Orange on 03 April 2008 - 07:31 PM in Off Topic

I'm a huge fan of the Shining Force series, though I've been extremely disappointed by some of the newer releases. Shining Force II was actually the very first game I got for Genesis, so that will always be my personal favorite, though Shining The Holy Ark is a close second. I know a lot of SF fans didn't like some of the changes made in Holy Ark, but I think they worked rather well. I have the following Shining Force games in my collection:

Shining Force (Sega Genesis)
Shining Force II (Sega Genesis)
Shining Force CD (Sega CD)
Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya (Sega Game Gear)
Shining Wisdom (Sega Saturn)
Shining The Holy Ark (Sega Saturn)
Shining Force III (Sega Saturn)
Shining Soul (Nintendo Gameboy Advance)
Shining Soul II (Nintendo Gameboy Advance)
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (Nintendo Gameboy Advance)
Shining Tears (Sony Playstation 2)
Shining Force Neo (Sony Playstation 2)
Shining Force EXA (Sony Playstation 2)

I used to have the Imports of Shining Force III Scenario 2 & 3, but ended up selling them a few years ago because I couldn't get into the game without being able to understand the story (The games are all in Japanese). I'm still hoping they'll release a Shining Force III collection with Scenarios 2 and 3 in the US, but it's looking less likely with each passing year...

Anyway, you can find the first Shining Force game on compilation discs like the Sega Smash pack, or as Omega said, through an emulator online. I also heard they were releasing a virtual console Shining game for the Wii, so if you've got a Wii that's well worth checking out, because the Shining Force series is truly one of the all time classics.

#149184 Shining Force

Posted by Orange on 03 April 2008 - 09:14 PM in Off Topic

Oh yeah, Dragon Force is an awesome game! That's another one I enjoyed so much that I got the import sequel - Dragon Force II - but I ended up selling that as well since all the game text was in Japanese.

The Sega Saturn never really took off in the US, but it really did have a great collection of games. The Shining games, Dragon Force, Saturn Bomberman, X-Men: Children of the atom, Panzer Dragoon, Wipeout, Marvel Super Heroes, Burning Rangers, Virtual On, Virtua Cop, Sonic Jam, Guardian Heroes, Nightwarriors, Mr. Bones, Baku Baku, Nights and so many many more!

It's just too bad so many of these games are so damned expensive, my collection isn't half as big as I'd like it to be, but I just can't bring myself to pay the prices that some of these suckers go for.

#94810 Possible Uk Source For Old Lanard Guns?

Posted by Orange on 19 November 2006 - 02:08 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the heads up RAMBO, I've been looking to get a new Maxshot for awhile now as mine has a crack in the handle.

#112077 Hey Look, A 1 Dollar Nite-finder!... Wait.. What?

Posted by Orange on 19 June 2007 - 08:56 PM in General Nerf

Toy Quest recently released a Spider-Man 3 version of this gun, there's a thread about it around here somewhere.

Edit: Here's the thread I was talking about.

The Spider-Man versions can be found at Big Lots, and I've seen the one Yazzeh has pictured at Dollar General stores.

#120011 Unkown Gun?

Posted by Orange on 16 August 2007 - 02:02 PM in General Nerf

That's a Nerf Arrowstorm

#50704 Real Old And Rare Gun

Posted by Orange on 27 March 2005 - 11:17 AM in General Nerf

Sounds like the Range Shot to me.

#106212 25% Off At Hasbrotoyshop With Free Shipping!

Posted by Orange on 17 May 2007 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the heads up SofaKing, I just made an order and saved almost $25 thanks to your code.

#118134 What Gun Is This?

Posted by Orange on 03 August 2007 - 06:20 AM in General Nerf

What I'm wondering about is the orange and purple pistol in the bottom left. I know it looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on what it is.

It looks like a 'The Professional' made by Just Toys from their Air Zone line of guns.

#118121 What Gun Is This?

Posted by Orange on 03 August 2007 - 12:02 AM in General Nerf

Yea, I considered it being a painted sm500, but I thought it looked too clean. The sticker looked slightly different, and the auction didn't say anything about paint, but oh well. I was just curious.

I know what you mean, I questioned it for a moment as well until I saw the Ratchet Blast behind it painted in the same colors.

Oh, and I'm glad you like the site JRoD.

#86197 Interesting Finds In Tru

Posted by Orange on 31 July 2006 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

It's basically a Maverick, a six shot revolver, but it uses the Buzz Bee shells like the Double Shot and Rapid Fire Rifle. I've got a pic of it up at my site in the Non Nerf section - http://www.freewebs....thernonnerf.htm