Oroku Saki's Content

There have been 411 items by Oroku Saki (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#24553 13 And Up?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 20 April 2004 - 02:06 PM in General Nerf

We already have a solution for that. It's called deleting them.

#24351 13 And Up?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 15 April 2004 - 07:53 PM in General Nerf

Xedice is right. Rules are rules and this site has to follow them.

#24391 13 And Up?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 16 April 2004 - 05:22 PM in General Nerf

I guess in reality, it doesn't really matter. Even though the site needs to comply with certain laws, people are probably going to lie about their age anyway. I remember that I used to back in the day, but now that I'm over 18, I don't have to worry about that anymore.

#46464 2005 Deathpool

Posted by Oroku Saki on 24 January 2005 - 01:05 PM in Off Topic

Hey, this reminds me of the deathpool Ryan Perry has on his Gorillamask site. He put in a few good rules to make the game more balanced: http://gorillamask.n...ve/000176.shtml
I don't think it would be fair if someone just picked a bunch of guys on death row.

Give me some time, and I'll give you my deathpool picks when I get around to it.

BTW, Chrysophylax, I like your sig. I remember when that was originally posted. One of the funniest things I ever read on these forums.

#46517 2005 Deathpool

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 January 2005 - 01:49 AM in Off Topic

Here we go:

Regis Philbin
Dick Clark
Jerry Falwell
D. James Kennedy
Steven Hawking
Steve Irwin
Ashlee Simpson
Carrot Top
Jack Valenti
Dick Cheney

#23113 666 Members

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 April 2004 - 12:45 AM in Off Topic

Hey, thats a great idea. If only more people would do that.

#23010 666 Members

Posted by Oroku Saki on 31 March 2004 - 12:43 AM in Off Topic

Edit: If I may correct, I believe that Pagans worship the earth.  Not to be confused with Wiccans and Satanists.

Thank you for helping clear this up for me, Neo. After having too much Christian dogma being forced down my throat by my parents when I was younger, (I left the Catholic church about 4 or 5 years ago, because there were many, many beliefs that I didn't agree with) The terminology (Wiccans, Pagans, Satanists, etc.) was never really made clear to me until recently, when I started to research other religions.

#23001 666 Members

Posted by Oroku Saki on 31 March 2004 - 12:04 AM in Off Topic

Why the hell would you have a 13th handbook for early satanists? And why the hell would any normal person want to go to chuchofsatan.com to look at satanic symbols? And who the hell cares if its called a penta-whatzit? And why the hell would it bring rage into your eyes? And lastly who the hell would want to go and research the occult symbols when theres a helluva lot of better things you could be doing with your time?

Apostraphe=Flying Comma.

Ummmmm........probably because some of us are interested in learning about stuff like this. Now tell me this: Why the hell do people not research things to be more aware of the world around them? Are they too afraid or something? I think that learning about other cultures and beliefs is a wonderful thing, including pagan religions such as Wicca and Satanism.

I'm not saying that people should convert, but they can at least learn about other cultures and religions instead of being biased assholes who don't know what they are talking about.

Also, in my research, many of the more occult religions have several similaraties to the more popular beliefs.

#23108 666 Members

Posted by Oroku Saki on 31 March 2004 - 11:57 PM in Off Topic

This thread is a stupid flame war that has fairly little going on in the intellectual department.

I agree with you, Cx. If you guys are just going to flame each other in this thread, please stop posting here. The intellectual conversation of this thread was somewhat going okay, until Blaster started correcting people, and the flaming started to get out of hand.

Blaster, I am starting to think that this flame war was actually somewhat started by you, when you started to get off topic in the first place and correcting people. The rest of you flaming are also not really any better.

If you people just want to flame each other, take it somewhere else so that the rest of us don't have to listen to it. I am sure that this will be appreciated my many of us.

Thank you.

#23551 A Little Scared.

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 April 2004 - 12:17 PM in Modifications

I haven't worked with bungie cords, but I have used rubber bands. For any gun, I recommend experimenting with various quantities of rubber bands. Depending on what kind of bands you use, the results will vary.

#23549 A Little Scared.

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 April 2004 - 12:09 PM in Modifications

I would recommend starting by using a glue gun instead of just electrical tape. After gluing it, then you can use the tape to reinforce it. I haven't used Bungie cords on Nerf guns, as I have questioned how long the plunger handle will last under that kind of pressure. I would go with rubber bands instead.

#36155 Acclaim....

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 September 2004 - 07:32 PM in Off Topic

I wonder which game company is next on the chopping block? It's sad that Acclaim is now out of business. Despite a few shitty games here and there (which is common with practically every game company) I think that there are a few good games that Acclaim did come out with. Like Rags said, I'm not even going to bother with the Turok sequels. Didn't EGM publish a crappy game award section each year in honor of that weird Tobias guy from the Turok Games?

Edit: I also found that Acclaim was responsible for the Mary Kate and Ashley games that we have seen in existence. Unless you are one of their stalkers, or a deranged perv, those games will definitely not be missed.

#27391 Adware....

Posted by Oroku Saki on 31 May 2004 - 08:19 PM in Off Topic

Usually, I run both Spybot and Ad Aware on my computer. Since then, I never really had as much of a problem with spyware. A while back, I bought Kazaa Plus, which works okay, but it seems that the availability of files on there has gotten rather scarce since the RIAA's suing campaign. I have started to use Bit Torrent a little, however I am still getting used to it. Another of my current favorite downloading programs is RipCast, which records streaming internet radio and converts them into mp3's. But I'm getting a little off-topic here. In conclusion, I would go with running both Ad Aware and Spybot.

#25418 Age

Posted by Oroku Saki on 02 May 2004 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

Nah, my dad tinkers with real guns. Even if he were to play with Nerf guns, I wouldn't be embarrassed.

FYI, I'm 19, soon to turn 20 next month. (Only one more year to go! WOOT!)

#25498 Age

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 May 2004 - 10:49 PM in General Nerf

Wrote that quick also sorry.
Heck give me a chance to work on it ok, I dont need a comment everytime I mess up. I am only human and trying to improve.

Not a problem, we understand that. We just want to be able to understand what people are talking about. Take your time when writing up a post. There's no rush.

#25492 Age

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 May 2004 - 10:22 PM in General Nerf

Im 14 going on 15 on may 21. (owe ya!) It would be weird nerfing with my dad for one thing my dad doesn't sit on the sofa all day or on the computer, he is other doing work or cleaning. So to even get time with him to do that would be hard. Also i don't think my friends and eye would be able to act like are selves we would be like cussing cause we just got shot right in the eye or something and then bam you look over and see my dad it would just be weird i think.

I'm a little confused now. What did you just say? I don't want to be a jerk, so I'm going to ask you nicely: Please learn how to spell and talk properly. I got lost after you stated your age.

Edit: Try using the edit button to clean up your post.

#25489 Age

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 May 2004 - 10:12 PM in General Nerf

Because your fragile ego can't handle being involved in something that your dad might do?

Not exactly. I meant that like if a 40+ year old did not have a child or somthing he would have chances of trying to get his hands on little children. *If you know what I mean* :rolleyes:

Actually, some of us were speculating about something like that with certain people in the Super Soaker community recently in this thread:

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=2047

Edit: Speaking of Commander Bob, It seems that his site may have been taken down recently. That may explain something.............

Update: As of 5/7, I found that the site is now back up again. Weird.

#43425 Aiming With Nerf Guns

Posted by Oroku Saki on 06 December 2004 - 01:10 AM in General Nerf

No matter how powerful you mod your guns, you will never have dead-on accuracy with a Nerf gun. This is why it is pointless to use a scope.

That's because the darts aren't accurate, not the gun. Power has nothing to do with accurasy in most cases.

I meant improving accuracy through modding. Given a gun using Brass or PVC pipe, with all the pressure mods, breech loading, etc, as well as using well made stefans, you may improve the accuracy, but not enough to effectively use a scope. I'm sorry that my last post was a little obscure.

I'll just shut up for now on my scientific theory, and just go with my force theory of aiming.

#43415 Aiming With Nerf Guns

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 December 2004 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

No matter how powerful you mod your guns, you will never have dead-on accuracy with a Nerf gun. This is why it is pointless to use a scope.

I simply get a feel for the firing of the particular gun, and just go from there. In my expreience, sights don't seem to do much good either. Use the force. It is your best friend.

#25307 Air Bazooka Mod

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 May 2004 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

Is there an overflow valve on the end of the pump that you can plug? If there is, then maybe you can modify the pump so that it takes fewer pumps to fire the gun.

#38160 All Major Foam Guns Ever Made

Posted by Oroku Saki on 02 October 2004 - 08:51 PM in General Nerf

Throw in Buzz-Bee Toys, the makers of the Twin Teks and the Tek Ten

#48262 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 February 2005 - 03:13 PM in Off Topic

I don't go out to the theatres as much as I used to, but I still rent stuff every so often. Here are some of my absolute favorites:

1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
2. Back to the Future Trilogy
3. The Matrix (The first one, of course. I thought the sequels were shit.)
4. Bulletproof Monk
5. Original Star Wars Trilogy (none of that butchered Special Edition crap)
6. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
7. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
8. Shaun of the Dead
9. Anchorman

#48341 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 March 2005 - 02:42 AM in Off Topic

Actually, the quote in my sig was from Airplane, another funny movie I forgot to mention.

#25151 Anyone Here Play Counter Strike?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 29 April 2004 - 04:43 PM in Off Topic

As an aside, whoever decided to write FPS games for consoles should be shot. The only thing that could have possibly made FPS less fun was taking away the mouse.

I agree, clunky console controllers (*cough* Xbox *cough*) and FPS games do not mix. It's a bitch to aim with control sticks, but with a mouse, I can get a good, easy aim on my targets.

Yes, outdoor activities like nerfing are more enjoyable than sitting in a house all day playing video games, so I don't play CS too much.

#25033 Anyone Here Play Counter Strike?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 April 2004 - 03:19 PM in Off Topic

I play once in a while. I used to play regular CS, but for some reason Steam will not accept my CD key, so I play Condition Zero nowadays. Yes, the Riot shield is a pain in the ass, but that's nothing a well placed HE grenade can't handle. I think that the AWP loser rifle is much more annoying.

Fave Weapons:

CT: M4
T: AK-47

#25259 Anyone Here Play Counter Strike?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 April 2004 - 09:14 PM in Off Topic

As far as FPS' go, I really like Metroid Prime. And for multi, Halo and James Bond.

Metroid Prime is a great game, and Bond, especially Golden Eye for thr N64 was the schizznit. My problem with FPS console games is that I first off usually do not play them often, and I find the controls difficult to get used to. I am sorry if I was being biased. I admit, there are several great console FPS games out there.

#25170 Anyone Here Play Counter Strike?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 29 April 2004 - 05:59 PM in Off Topic

I agree, clunky console controllers (*cough* Xbox *cough*) and FPS games do not mix. It's a bitch to aim with control sticks, but with a mouse, I can get a good, easy aim on my targets.

Its really easy to get used to xbox controlers. I myself have played both. Computer older versions and xbox one. I find that when you get used to it they are both quite easy.

I guess if you are using the newer Xbox controllers, it's not so bad, but I think I'll just stick to my mouse for playing FPS games.

#24868 Anzac Day

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 April 2004 - 11:18 AM in Off Topic

I wish that the US could withdraw from Iraq as well, and focus their military on more important areas in the world for the war on terrorism. I feel that our president decided to go to war with Iraq mainly for the oil, instead of the "legitimate" reasons they tried to pitch to the UN.

#24851 Anzac Day

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 April 2004 - 10:05 PM in Off Topic

I think it's pretty cool hearing about other troops out there helping make the world better. I have a lot of respect for our troops in the US (I even have a few friends in the National Guard), but I rarely hear anything about the military in other countries. Thanks for helping bring this to light for others, Taita. There are many military divisions who do not get the recognition they truly deserve.

#24871 Anzac Day

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 April 2004 - 11:41 AM in Off Topic

You have a good point there, Vintage. I wish this whole situation could just go away, but looking at reality, the US is at a point where it is too dangerous to pull out anyway. We do need to stand our ground there until the dust finally settles. My main problem with the situation is the reasoning for us going to war there in the first place. I am all for the elimination of terrorism, but I think that our government should make better decisions on where military action should be taken, and weigh in the possible consequences. The main reason that the US told the UN they were going to war with Iraq is to find their weapons of mass destruction, which I have yet to hear any reports of them being found in Iraq.

But, looking at Osama's threat about Iraq, maybe we are indeed starting to tread on the terrorist's weak spots. I guess we'll have to find out.

#24948 Anzac Day

Posted by Oroku Saki on 27 April 2004 - 09:45 AM in Off Topic

But, looking at Osama's threat about Iraq, maybe we are indeed starting to tread on the terrorist's weak spots. I guess we'll have to find out.

As I have said here, it seems that there is becoming a better reason for the US to stay in Iraq. If Osama is trying to convince other countries to get out of there, it means that he wants fewer troops in Iraq screwing up terrorism plans. This seems to be an indication that Osama really doesn't want anyone there. If we stand our ground, I believe that it is possible that we could cripple Al-Queda, or at least other major terrorist activity there.

Also, I have been watching the news lately, and the current firefights have been in an area where a suspected insurgent leader is hiding. Our intelligence has failed a few times before, but it was able to track down and capture Saddam. I just hope that this battle will turn out for the best.

Vintage, thank you for helping clear up this issue for me.

#36106 Apologies...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 September 2004 - 02:59 PM in Off Topic

(oh and if you're in china or something and you wanna buy the bf but your cousin posted the "ill buy it if jp wont" then why did he post that if hes not you?)

Have you even read what airsoft posted? His cousin got on his machine while his login information was saved on the computer. It could happen to anyone. It is shit like that that keeps me from saving my login info on my own computer.

#36104 Apologies...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 September 2004 - 02:53 PM in Off Topic

He's appologizing.

You don't have to believe him, this thread really doesn't need comment.

I believe his apologies. In my experience on these forums, mainly the people who make strange excuses/apologies are the trolls who are on here for less than a week. Since Airsoft has been on here for at least a few months, and has previously had reasonable posts, I think that his apology and explanation is legit.

#36435 Apologies...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 04 September 2004 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

Its not always that, I mean, everyone likes a joke, not neccassarily useful, but funny. Just dont dis people unless you've got credibility, or they deserve it.

THIRST

I guess Thirst said it better than I did.

It's good to know that the dust has finally settled over this.

#36148 Apologies...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 September 2004 - 06:52 PM in Off Topic

I am sorry I haven't really been paying attention to many of Airsoft's posts, and the more I hear about them (especially the trading and modding ones) I am starting to question what was really going on. First, he mentions about his nephew, or cousin, or whatever, and then he says that his brother has also been using his account? After you find out that someone else has been using your account for the first time, any sane person would do anything within their abilities to make damn sure that it wouldn't happen again.

#36240 Apologies...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 02 September 2004 - 05:16 PM in Off Topic

Chessler, I dont like you.

Didn't say you have to. It's your Opinion.

Look, you dont just come strolling into this site making a lot of useless posts, some of which dissed airsoft999, acting like he was going to get banned. You have not made 1 nerf-related post. Acting like your the king of the world wont get you far bud. This isnt a post for you to reply to, its so you can stop.

THIRST

In my book, the person with the highest percentage of useless posts (especially if they haven't been on these boards for more than a few months) is higher up in the ranks of doucheness. Chessler, if you plan on spending most of your time on the boards posting senseless bullshit, I suggest shutting the fuck up to save us all some time. Once you can find something useful to say, get back to us sometime.

Airsoft, I think that many of us are not believing your excuses for this situation. Either at least give us a damn good explanation, or we might be having another .:Blue Ice:. episode.

#39666 Apples

Posted by Oroku Saki on 23 October 2004 - 08:23 PM in General Nerf

I would stick to stefans anyday.. UNLESS YOU HAVE 6 GIRLS OVER WAITING TO BECOME DRIPPING WET WITH PEACHES!!!!

nevermind.

I'll have to second that.

#39532 Apples

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 October 2004 - 02:10 AM in General Nerf

Stefans are cheap and easy to clean up.

Apples are tasty.

I use each of them for their original intended purposes. If you shoot chunks of random vegetable/fruit matter from your gun, I would go with a potato, then it wouldn't be as sticky as say, an apple.

#29631 Artic Camo :: Nite Finder

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 June 2004 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

Not bad.

I have used spraypaint before, but I started using an airbrush recently. You can get way more control, and can do a lot more with an airbrush than using spraypaint. The airbrush I currently use is one of the cheaper Badger single-action brushes, (model 250, I think) but in my opinion, the brush sucks, which is why I am currently looking to upgrade. Also, I have been using cans of propel for the air, but am going to buy a compressor soon, because they are much better to use. Also, instead of some of the more expensive outlets, I have found that eBay has several airbrushes and compressors for way cheaper. (I have found compressors for as low as about 30 bucks sometimes)

Thanks for the tips everyone. I admit, I am still a beginner when it comes to painting, but what do some of you guys use to mask certain areas of what you are painting? I have used tagboard (cut into stencils) and masking tape for some of my projects. Any other ideas?

#29589 Artic Camo :: Nite Finder

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 June 2004 - 12:13 AM in Modifications

If you're going to get an airbrush, plan to spend around $100 or you're better off just using spray paint. The cheap airbrushes are really bad.

Sadly, I learned that one the hard way. Just out of curiosity, besides using the Badger 200NH, does anyone have some other recommendations on airbrushes?

Good job with the painting, Grinch. Your Nerf guns look really kickass!