Spoon's Content

There have been 516 items by Spoon (Search limited from 12-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3688 Hey Guys...

Posted by Spoon on 20 April 2003 - 01:12 AM in Off Topic

Seriously, thank you Ray, what a perfect example of why that show kicked ass. Any show where you could see buffed out warrior chicks unapologetically beat the living shit out of random housewives is a good show in my book.

#3677 Weird Question

Posted by Spoon on 19 April 2003 - 06:46 PM in General Nerf

Neither, they are about the same hardness. Any differences are probably just due to different brands of glue.

#3674 Hey Guys...

Posted by Spoon on 19 April 2003 - 06:04 PM in Off Topic

What's American Gladiator?

>sigh< I take it back, you're not worthy to be stalking me....

Is American Gladiator seriously a past-time of my generation? Do I even HAVE my own generation? We're not talking about the Bee-Gee's here.....

#3673 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 19 April 2003 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

It'd be less shabby if you modded the gun with more effort. You're wasting about 4" of barrel length behind that crayola that's just decreasing the pressure of your shot.

#3666 Hey Guys...

Posted by Spoon on 19 April 2003 - 02:02 PM in Off Topic

I'm stalking you? That's news to me.... you do know I live on the east coast right?

No no, seriously, I'm flattered. I mean it's not every day that you get you're own personal stalker. Whoa, what a head trip! I tell ya what, we'll get you and Steph into an American Gladiator style match with each of you on a raised pedastal and give both of you big ass padded poles. If you can knock her off of her Tower of Power, then we'll talk.

If I were an American Gladiator, I'd be Laser, because Turbo is such a ghey name.

#3665 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 19 April 2003 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

I dunno, I've always been a bit distrustful of those contractor wheel things....I think it's very easy to wobble a bit and NOT get a straight line thereby increasing the reported distance. Still, it's good for a relatively accurate estimate.

#3659 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 19 April 2003 - 02:07 AM in Modifications

As far as I remember it HIT the wall with a more or less level shot (maybe 5 degrees or so), and went over it at an angle. I doubt that's 200 feet or so, although we never did find that second dart. I think from the tables to the wall is just about 100 feet, MAYBE 120. That or my vision is starting to go.....

#3647 The Physics Of Nerf

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 08:40 PM in General Nerf

I dunno I took several electronic engineering courses in junior college and loved it. The hardest subjects I had in physics (basic physics, unfortunately) were acoustics and certain optics problems.

#3646 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

Vassilli: Yes.

Cxwq: I don't know about 150 feet but I'd be willing to bet that the velocities are a lot higher on a 5K, seeing as how the pressure is much higher. I'm actually suprised that these guns are firing this far. Still, we'll have to keep an eye next war on the Max Shot's and make sure they're ok.

Also, we need to be a bit tighter when it comes to eye protection at the war. Everyone had some when they got there, but some people would take them off some wars. I didn't even realize it at the time, but looking back I can remember several instances where people were going without eyewear for a battle or two. Not maliciously, they would just forget (just like I'd forget to say something). That shot I had on Cam (50 feet, thwacked DIRECTLY into his glasses from a brass 3K) only reinforces how vigilent we should be. Especially now since we'll be seeing QUITE a few 100ft+ guns next war. We also need to mention up front to attendees that it is NOT ok to purposefully aim for the head. It's not the vets I worry about, it's the kids.

#3645 Hey Guys...

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 08:28 PM in Off Topic

And I would know how??

Well if you've been stalking me like you SAID you have been, I'd think you would have uncovered this tidbit of information.....

#3635 The Physics Of Nerf

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 03:26 PM in General Nerf

Considering that there is (purposefully it seems) no y component in this problem, it's quite simple. Vector angles are fun! Ahh the days of projectile calculations.....

#3632 Hey Guys...

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 03:22 PM in Off Topic

Are you kidding? Jordan's been with me at pretty much every war since the very first LANO in July of 1998! He hasn't been as big in the scene, but as far as nerf wars go he's more than a vet.

#3631 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 03:13 PM in Modifications

Holy Shit.

I'm running to the store to pick up some more 17/32" brass today, I'm going to do the same mod, although I may experiment a bit with barrel and telescoping section lengths. I'd also like to do a breech loader. Kevin, do you think these guns will be TOO powerful for the YANOs? I mean most brass 5K's can't even do 120 feet flat.....

Gunned Down: The red barrel is just a piece that you can remove when you open the gun up (it's pretty easy to open up). Once the red piece is removed, the base of the white barrel, where it hits the compression chamber, is RIGHT on the front of the gun. Once you remove the red piece you can put the gun back together and do a complete barrel change mod without having to open it up again. Breech loaders shouldn't be as hard either since everything will be external of the gun casing. I can't wait, I'm modding mine today. Jordan and I are also scouting locations today Kevin, we'll take little video clips of any good ones to show you.

#3627 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 03:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Um...  ;)

.....wait, you didn't know?

#3609 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 02:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Not to sound confrontational, but I'd recommend the traditional Armageddon times of 10-7pm. It'll still be plenty light out by 7, and we'll need the extra hour to sleep and beat traffic. OMG, 9 hours is going to rock you guys all over again. Would you believe that 2 years ago we did TWO 9 hours wars in one week? I don't know how we did it either.....

As for you Vacc.......Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? I get it, you're afraid right? Afraid that maybe THIS time I'll BEAT you?! IS THAT IT YOU PUSSY?!! Ha, you're pathetic.....You should take that lame-ass duct tape monstrosity you call a Crossbow and shoot it at your eye. Oh wait, it's probably not powerful enough....For hate's sake I spit at thee!

#3608 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 02:23 AM in Modifications

You're right, this gun IS the real shit. I now have a Max Shot and a First Shot (my TRU totally restocked all Nerf and X-Stream guns). I havn't modded either yet but I opened the MS up and inspected things for a good long while. Holy God, this thing is built like a tank. I mean you could hammer NAILS with the plunger. It has cap pieces to keep the springs from exploding everywhere upon opening. Everything is solid and reinforced. I mean this thing is engineered the way WE would want a gun engineered.

Cxwq: You're method is exactly what I was thinking, using the 17/32" brass piece as a connector between the white barrel and the 9/16". My only worry then is that the only way you'd be able to do a breech loader is by removing the barrel Ray-style and loading directly into the 17/32", which I don't like. I'm still holding out for a true breech loader. Still, I can't wait to see the mod results. Jordan is already eyeing this as his new main weapon and I can't blame him.

On a side note: I got Steph two AT2k's for her birthday (19, woo), so you can count on getting pelted by those this June.

#3606 Nerf Movie

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 01:50 AM in General Nerf

hey, raway, you can hate nerfhq, but you don't have to be a jackass about it.

No actually see there was this new law passed in his county. He DOES, in fact, have to be a jackass about it. If you're upset by this, I recommend that you contact you're local city councilman.

#3594 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 17 April 2003 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

Jordan and I will be going to TRU tonight to try and pick them up, although I was in TRU a week or so ago and don't remember seeing them....Our TRU sucks. I'm very eager to get my hands on these guns.

#3582 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 17 April 2003 - 06:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Any weekend in June is fine for me, I'll just be in summer school during the week.

#3563 Arwen Evnstr.

Posted by Spoon on 17 April 2003 - 03:50 AM in Off Topic

I believe there are three on this board. Myself, Julie, and ArwenEvnstr.

Oh, happy b-day, ArwenEvnstr, by the way.

Thanks, JT. :P

And yes, Black Blade, I would have to agree that I am VERY lucky to have met Spoon. He's an awesome guy.

#3535 April YANO Wrapup

Posted by Spoon on 16 April 2003 - 03:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Cxwq: I seriously want to add captions to some of these pics....

#3486 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Spoon on 15 April 2003 - 03:38 PM in Off Topic

So basically that's the guy that isn't Jet Li. Fuckers

Seriously! I mean Jet Li is the man with the plan in the flam.

#3473 Nerf Movie

Posted by Spoon on 14 April 2003 - 11:10 PM in General Nerf

Dammit, why is it that whenever I read "pasadena" my brain automatically decides that pasadena instead should be pomona. Seriously, this isn't the first time this has happened....

The camera angles and how to get them are the jobs of the director and the cinematographer, respectively. The writer simply writes what can be seen and heard onscreen, but stays away from directing the camera. Not that it really matters in a project like this, but just for clarification.....

#3466 Nerf Movie

Posted by Spoon on 14 April 2003 - 10:12 PM in General Nerf

Ray: We should get together in person then sometime, Pomona isn't too far away from me, like 30 mins.

I wonder if a nerf drive by wouldn't come off as just stupid....

This is going completely in the other direction but what if the film revolved around Nerf becoming the nations next spectator sport craze. Improbable of course, but it would give a reason for everyone to be using nerf guns.

#3441 Nerf Movie

Posted by Spoon on 14 April 2003 - 02:31 AM in General Nerf

Ray: Where do you live again? Perhaps we could get together and script something out. I think the fight choreography will be harder to plan out than the script will. I think it could be pretty awesome though, even if the whole thing centers around one big fight scene (which, with a 5-10 min film, we might have to do). I just need to be careful to not try and "take over" you're idea. :>

#3435 Nerf Movie

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2003 - 10:55 PM in General Nerf

If I'm in it, I have to be a bad guy. Who totally kicks ass.

I love the idea of making a nerf movie, but if you're gonna do it with this kind of plot, you have to make it somewhat tongue-in-cheek otherwise it'll be just stupid to most people.

Oh, and if you're thinking of a 25-30 minute film, you'd better be thinking of at least a week of 12 hour shoot days. You'd better shorten it to 5-10 mins, trust me.

I'm sorry, but the film student in me is starting to kick in.....if you're seriously thinking of doing this email me and we can talk about it. I don't know what you're filmmaking experience is, but the concept of a nerf movie has always been cool to me.

#3401 April YANO Wrapup

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2003 - 05:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Cxwq said why not just nerf naked, but I think that's a bit extreme.

I think that would qualify as some kind of weird S&M fetish or something....Though I bet we'd then see a dramatic reduction in the number of rugrats attending the wars.

Steph: You're right, I forgot about Jordan and I's showdown when I was writing my award list, crap. Jordan and I were squaring off against each other all alone during a war, both with AT3K's. He says "wait" and starts to stretch, then very suddenly whips his gun up and shoots me right in the chest from about 50 feet away.

I think another of my favorite moments was during the second CTF game when we loaded up on the Powerclips for base (read: hill) defense. Jason and I would mow down base rushers 2 and 3 at a time with our PC's from atop the hill, it was like using a flame thrower in an Alien movie.

#3394 April YANO Wrapup

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2003 - 04:55 PM in Nerf Wars

i think when Jason shot Spoon right in his cheek, i have never seen spoon madder. Lol he threw his gun down and started screaming at Jason.

For the record, that shot hit me from 5 feet away in the upper lip. Where it's all scar tissue. It's ok though, I extracted what I like to call "war reparations" from him later that evening. Now we're BOTH sore....heh heh heh.

I think the second CTF war approached a level of chaos not seen since last year's 42 person Armageddon war.

The matrix moves were simply unprecedented this war, thanks mostly to Ray, Toj and Steve. Much fun to watch.

Julie: I could go mud instead, I'm flexible. ;)

#3391 Dringing

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2003 - 04:45 PM in Off Topic

We do believe that there are cars for that cheap. And atleast I believe that they'll run "well". For a week or two.

What he said.

Seeing as how you've grown angry enough to use the word "frickin", I think I'm going to bow out of this conversation now. Get your $300 car and let us know how it runs by next year. I for one am curious.

#3363 April YANO Wrapup

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2003 - 02:08 AM in Nerf Wars

if you are wondering about the hack saw it is spoons. im so sorry. fuck there i go again fucking things up spoon im sorry

You son of a bitch! Lol, seriously don't worry about it. As soon as I read Kevin's post I realized it was mine. Besides, I need to meet Kevin sometime before the next war anyway, I'm almost out of backer rod. We live 30 mins from each other.

Ray: Dude you're just jealous of my buttbands because they make my ass look trim and taut. You WISH you could be so bling bling.

This was a great war, I agree. Lots of powerful guns this war. And now without further adieu, the "Spoon Awards":

Most Likely To Nurse Puppies Himself: Toj.

Most Ridiculous Accessory: Jason and his gatorade filled backpack.

Coolest Team Shirt: Hubbard, for his wonderful "Spoon's Super Best Friends Squad" shirt.

Best Nerf Team Ever: Spoon's Super Best Friends Squad. We've never been beaten, 'cause we've never played.

Most Valuable Gun: You just can't deny it, Ray's Crossbow kicks ass.

Most Valuable Accessory: A ramrod. Don't count in without it.

Most Absent Minded: TIE: Jon, for forgetting my hacksaw, and his toolbox, and for consistently leaving something behind the last THREE wars. Steph: For locking my keys in the trunk at the end of the war.

Most Willing to Surrender: Mason, proving that he is probably the only realistic and sane one among us.

Most Willing to Make An Ass of Himself: Toj will simply never lose this catagory.

Best Name: Ted. Runner up: Captain Suave.

Most In Need of a Good Hard Spanking: The Monkey.

Best Sport: Tie between Cam and Mason's blonde friend, for putting up with being referred to as "Old Guy" and "Hobbit" respectively throughout the duration of the war.

Worst Modder Ever: Toj. He's just rackin 'em in tonight.

Least Concerned With Causing Bodily Harm Unto Others: Jason, for his knack of shooting people with a PETG AT2K point blank.

Most Desired Jello Wrestling Match: Steph vs. Julie

Most Realistic Jello Wrestling Match: Jon vs. Toj

Least Punctual: Hal, for being about as late as you can get without missing the whole damn thing entirely.

Most Flakey: Croissants.

Most Fashionable Target: Toj's nuts.

Most Consistently Pisses Spoon Off: Mark.

Most Consistently Pleases Spoon: Steph. Followed closely by Kevin and Ray. Not that that should mean anything.....

Most Consistently Makes Spoon Want to Back Away Slowly: Jon.

Most Usefull: A screwdriver.

Most Useless: Toj.

Longest Reloader: Jon.

Longest "Ramrod": Matt.

Most Desiring of a "Ramrod": Jon. He wants one bad. He told me so, didn't you Jon? <_<

Most Desperately Needs a New Gun: Steve.

Most Desperately Needs to Stop Chafing: Spoon.

Bah, thats all I can think of now....more later perhaps. Sleep.

#3362 Dringing

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2003 - 01:27 AM in Off Topic

the other thing i don't understant is why did you tell the hole nerf comunity about your driving experiences with you father? what was the point in that?

Now now Jon, if we start trying to figure out the meaning of everyone's posts here....well....lets just say we'd have to spend a few days on yours. You're not exactly a Wordsworth either.

JT: I understand what you're saying. I'm saying save up a little longer and get something cheap and new, or at least a newer used car with fewer miles. Used cars, especially used cars that are that cheap, are simply more trouble than they're worth most of the time. You get what you pay for and if someone is selling a car for $300 theres usually a REASON it's so cheap, whether or not they mention it up front.

#3361 Switch Shots Super

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2003 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

Ok.....that was quite an asshole of a comment.

#3309 Dringing

Posted by Spoon on 11 April 2003 - 04:16 PM in Off Topic

Uh... no? It's a used car here. I'm only 16 here, I'm not going to be getting a *new* car. That's way to expensive. Plus the taxes and everything. You can get a nice used car for 100 bucks sometimes you know.

Umm, no. No you can't. What freaking planet are you on? You can't buy ANY car that actually runs, used or not, for $300, much less $100. I mean a tank of gas costs $20 for gods sake. Most USED cars go for $1,000-$5,000, and thats at the LOW end of used cars. Most NEW cars go from $9,000-$18,000 or so. When you start talking about used cars for less than $1,000 you're talking about absolute clunkers that have more than 150,000 miles on them and will cost you four times the car's price in repairs over the next two years. I'm not trying to be mean here, but seriously, look in the damn ads if you need proof. I mean, maybe cars are 10 times cheaper in whatever state you're in, but barring that.....

I mean seriously here, you're lucky to buy a TELEVISION for $100.....

Maybe you're confused about car payments versus the total cost of a car. I mean buying a used or new car from a dealer usually means that you pay a monthly payment (usually between $100 and $300 per month, it depends) for a period of 36 months or something. Plus, you need a down payment usually. So if you mean $100 or so per month, well thats more realistic, although the smaller your payments, the longer it takes to pay the car off. Then you take those car payments, and ADD insurance on top of that. Insurance is usually billed every 6 months and will probably cost you $1,200 or so a year. Maybe more, I don't really know the rates for 16 year old females.

I don't mean to discourage you, but you need to be realistic....

Cars are like computer components. 99% of the time you get exactly what you pay for.

#3308 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 11 April 2003 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey Kevin how many darts are you bringing? I think I've got around 50 (maybe more) left from last time so I'm going to try to bring at least 50 or 60 more, although I'm going to shoot for making 100 darts tonight. I havn't had a chance to make any yet. I also have to do a bunch of modding tonight, crap. Gonna be another pre-nerf war all-nighter....

Do you get free PETG if your woman has already attended one war? >grin<

Dude my 6 man team is going to be packing SO much fucking heat, it's not even funny....I think we'll have 4 PETG AT3K's between us. You guys are gonna get pweened. CHAPMAN POWER!

Update: I have just officially decreed that my team shall now be called the "Spoon's Super-Best-Friends Squad". We'll say it with a sneer too.

#3284 Dringing

Posted by Spoon on 10 April 2003 - 10:52 PM in Off Topic

Uhh, did you say you were planning on buying a car for $300? Better add at least an extra zero on to that dear....

#3232 Girls...

Posted by Spoon on 10 April 2003 - 01:28 AM in Off Topic

Actually, they've been making porn movies for pretty much as long as there have been movies, but the industry didn't really get off the ground until the 70's.

I find the whole concept of a bunch of 13-16 year olds discussing fuck buddies to be kind of silly. No offence to anyone or anything, I mean for all I know I could have a couple of regular Peter North's on our forum, but barring that.....

New topic.

Llamas!

#3230 Marbles

Posted by Spoon on 10 April 2003 - 01:19 AM in Off Topic

When I first read the topic, all I could think of was the asian guy in "Major League 2" saying to the big black guy "Marbles! You have no marbles!"

#3229 Dringing

Posted by Spoon on 10 April 2003 - 01:17 AM in Off Topic

Yea when I started driving I was terrified. You get over it pretty quick, it'll feel natural soon. I also didn't get my license until I was 18, which I think was a good decision for me, I just didn't have much a use for one until then. Now of course I spend TONS of time in the car.....

Take my advice: learn stick as soon as you can. Not only is it good to know, but it's DAMN fun. Well, in a Mustang it is at least....

#3227 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 10 April 2003 - 01:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Hal: DUDE! Glad to hear you'll be able to make it!

Mason: Seriously man, don't worry about it. We all want to have fun too. Cxwq makes a good point though, none of us "hate" anybody just because they're younger, and none of us make fun of other nerfers. However some of us DO trash talk quite a bit. I, for instance, am notorious for yelling "FUCK!" or "Son of a BITCH!" after getting shot. It doesn't mean I hate you, or that I'm mad at you at all, it just means I can't control what I'm saying during moments of extreme activity. :alien: Don't worry about it, it'll be awesome. People keep coming back for a reason, and it's NOT because of me, I assure you....

#3122 I'm Trying To Make A Site.

Posted by Spoon on 08 April 2003 - 05:46 PM in Off Topic

Yet another example of the perils of homeschooling. I'm not saying public schools are Athenian centers of knowledge and reason or anything, far from it, but home schooled kids have a much harder time learning to interact socially and make friends. They simply don't have the means.