gmzamz's Content

There have been 12 items by gmzamz (Search limited from 31-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#290346 Beginner's Guide To Machining Plastics

Posted by gmzamz on 06 December 2010 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

I've used the normal abrasive cutting wheels to cut Nerf plastic with my Dremel without problems. I don't push it too hard.

Also, Dremel now sells cutting wheels made specifically for plastics.
Link here.
They appear to also be abrasive type cutters. I have yet to use them.

I've used those before, not too hard, but they seem to work just fine. DON'T ever get melted plastic on the cutting side, it's a pain in the *** to get off.

#289500 Talking To The Press.

Posted by gmzamz on 30 November 2010 - 04:25 PM in News

*snip*Don't talk to the press cause anything you say will be twisted however they see fit, often times negatively, and THEN used against you.*snip*

Talio, I fixed that statement for you.

Seriously people, it doesn't matter whether or not Hasbro can take legal action. If a bunch of negative (or even positive) stories get out, parents won't let their kids buy nerf blasters and the NIC will only be getting newcomers from people that spend too much time on the computer.

I personally don't think that Hasbro will take legal action on the modifaction community, because then parents won't buy Nerf blasters for their kids to play with, taking away a large chunk of ther revenue*. Also, please don't flame/antagonize/eat me on this because it is MY PERSONAL opinion.

*DISCLAIMER: I don't know for sure, but with my luck, it will end up being the OPPOSITE of what I guessed.

EDIT: I wonder how long it will take to find something seriously wrong with my argument.

#286346 How To Make A Nitemav/mavfinder That Actually Works

Posted by gmzamz on 01 October 2010 - 03:11 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

You shoud really name them Aurora Borealis and Aurora Australis.

This gives me an excuse to finish the Nite-Mav that I started way back when. Granted I would have to completely rip off the top, but still.

#284394 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by gmzamz on 30 August 2010 - 11:25 PM in Homemades

I second/third/1000th Gerry.

Could you use a spike like thing catch to lower the pluger rod length

llllll>l> (bad textstriliation)

#284260 Double Mavericks In Action

Posted by gmzamz on 29 August 2010 - 09:03 AM in Modifications

How did you get those sprockets? machine them? or are they commercialy(sp) avaiable?

EDIT@kitadrian: Would you be willing to sell them?
EDIT@dim3: How do you machine the screw holes and stuff in the back?

Hi gmzamz, no machine screws was used.

What I mean't was, how did you machine the back plate to allow the wings to sit in it flush?

#284214 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by gmzamz on 28 August 2010 - 05:42 PM in Off Topic

steamid: gmzamz
games: HL2DM, AA3

#284203 Double Mavericks In Action

Posted by gmzamz on 28 August 2010 - 03:02 PM in Modifications

How did you get those sprockets? machine them? or are they commercialy(sp) avaiable?

EDIT@kitadrian: Would you be willing to sell them?
EDIT@dim3: How do you machine the screw holes and stuff in the back?

#281169 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by gmzamz on 24 July 2010 - 08:23 PM in General Nerf

That's a good idea. Making a breech designed for smaller darts. That way, you can just remove half of the top piece of the clip so it doesn't mangle the open area of the breech.

What I meant was to separate the clip in half to get twice as many darts in, while keeping the full lip on the clip. The brass piece that stops the back darts from going in also open the front half of the lip enough to get a halfpipe in. The halfpipe would have to be level or the clip lip would catch one side.

Edit: @mindstorm, 1.25 darts should work

#281165 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by gmzamz on 24 July 2010 - 07:44 PM in General Nerf

For the brass breech you could have a halfpipe that only goes halfway back. that way the lips will spread out on the back half, and be open on the front when you push it in. A crappy paint picture follows.
Posted Image

On side note, I have an idea on how to make this air powered, and still keep it automatic.
edit: picture
Posted Image

I really can't wait for this to come out, i really like indoor wars and I need more guns for my friends and me.

#276080 Midwest Nerf Conglomerate

Posted by gmzamz on 26 May 2010 - 03:53 PM in General Nerf

GABEZMM

Normal letters, and it's at hotmail.

EDIT#1: good point talio

#260788 Intro To Solvent Welding Plastic

Posted by gmzamz on 05 January 2010 - 05:20 PM in Homemades

Sorry if this is the wrong topic.

Would nail polish remover seal a BBBB tank sufficiently so that it does not blow up? I would like to know this since had a... let's say... educational experience (I cut the tank in half to fix the check valve)(I was an idiot back then).

You misunderstand. These chemicals are solvents not adhesives. They will allow two plastic pieces to be bonded together, but the solvent itself just dissolves the plastic. It would actually weaken a pressure tank to simply apply the solvent to it.

Another note: 100% acetone is available cheaply in the health and beauty section of most department stores. Makes sure that it SAYS 100%, though. MEK is substantially better at dissolving the same plastics that acetone does, though you'll probably find that PVC pipe weld contains both. Probably for a good reason which I don't really know.

Okay, thanks. Oh well...

-gmzamz

#260777 Intro To Solvent Welding Plastic

Posted by gmzamz on 05 January 2010 - 04:41 PM in Homemades

Sorry if this is the wrong topic.

Would nail polish remover seal a BBBB tank sufficiently so that it does not blow up? I would like to know this since had a... let's say... educational experience (I cut the tank in half to fix the check valve)(I was an idiot back then).

-gmzamz