BritNerfMogul's Content

There have been 397 items by BritNerfMogul (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#251385 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 23 September 2009 - 11:11 AM in Off Topic

Seriously, it's like every frickin COD nutsack thinks Halo sucks. Like Horus said, if you haven't tried it, don't bash it like a squirrel bashes an acorn in the ground. If you played a prior game in the series but didn't like it, try another in the series, even if you just rent it. If you didn't like it because you got your arse kicked, go get laid or something and try again. Or do what I do where if I don't get at least 2nd I use my anger to pwn. It works, even though now I really don't have to try except against generals.

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!

I love halo, I love the whole series, APART from ODST. And my real anger sits with TLAD.

Jesus, I thought we were all civil and were allowed to voice our opinions.

Yeah, that's a little over the top in response to someone just saying "Halo sucks".

Just curious BritNerfMogul, what didn't you like about ODST?

Just the feel of the game. I couldn't get into it, and I hate that when games cost $80. It's gotta be worth the money, or I'm not buying it.

#251292 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 22 September 2009 - 03:51 PM in Off Topic

Seriously, it's like every frickin COD nutsack thinks Halo sucks. Like Horus said, if you haven't tried it, don't bash it like a squirrel bashes an acorn in the ground. If you played a prior game in the series but didn't like it, try another in the series, even if you just rent it. If you didn't like it because you got your arse kicked, go get laid or something and try again. Or do what I do where if I don't get at least 2nd I use my anger to pwn. It works, even though now I really don't have to try except against generals.

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!

I love halo, I love the whole series, APART from ODST. And my real anger sits with TLAD.

Jesus, I thought we were all civil and were allowed to voice our opinions.

#251271 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 22 September 2009 - 12:12 PM in Off Topic

Everyone get Halo 3 ODST. Now.

Halo sucks.

ODST even more so.
Just finished The lost and the damned. Really disappointed I paid for that piece of crap...
Cod4 tonight (GMT) anyone?

#250960 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 20 September 2009 - 07:47 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Name: The BRIT Bow
Mods Done: Mostly shell as you can see. Everything is epoxied, and the shell back on form. just waiting for it's +bow style internals, and some re-inforcement.
Integrations: 2k, with the slide connected to a shortened 2k pump (when some one sells me one!)
Comments: This has been an absolute bitch to get to this stage, so I hope this works...

#250959 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 20 September 2009 - 07:24 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Epoxy has cured, so I thought I'd show you guys a pic of the whole thing...

#250864 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 19 September 2009 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Not quite there, but nearly...

#249991 Nerf Pains

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 09 September 2009 - 06:53 AM in General Nerf

YOU WILL LOSE THE USE OF YOUR SPINE.

Happy thoughts. That's what we good Ole' nerfers run on.

I'm sorry, but anyone who goes to A NERF FORUM, instead of seeking medical attention, deserves to lose the use of their spine. That, and it's supposed to be sarcasm.

#249988 Nerf Pains

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 09 September 2009 - 06:35 AM in General Nerf

Typically, 15 year olds (such as myself) do not experience back pain. I have had extreme problem with my back for almost a year now, and am wondering if it could be from hunching over my work table for about 10-15 hours each week. Does anyone else in the community experience this same kind of pain, or pain from the neck? I am just trying to find if this pain is nerf related. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but it was meant with all serious-ness.

I have to say, the 'haven is usually the last place I go to for medical advice, but since we're here.....

YOU WILL LOSE THE USE OF YOUR SPINE.

Go and see a doctor Ice. And when he tells you that you need to raise your work space, and get more exercise, you will go and do it. Won't you?

Chances are it isn't permanent, and you'l be fine.

#249722 Longshot/raider

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 06 September 2009 - 02:24 AM in Modifications

Jerm, there is clearly something wrong with you.....

Good work. Very clean.
:)

#249411 Question: Angel Breech

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 02 September 2009 - 12:50 PM in General Nerf

Which blaster were you planning on modding?

I was intending to try this on the Raider

TO: Brit
So the gun can no longer accept the magazine?

Sort off. It can if they have been modded for stefans, you can just twist the barrel round.

#249346 Question: Angel Breech

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 01 September 2009 - 04:16 PM in General Nerf

On a semi-related note, it's true then that you can make a brass'd LS that accepts darts the length of stock darts?

Yep.
The only problem I had was reloading. When the breech locked back, it used to drag the streamline backwards, making it jam. Hence the reason mine is upside down.

#249317 Question: Angel Breech

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 01 September 2009 - 12:48 PM in General Nerf

Alright, thank you all, streamlines; out of the question.

Bollocks.

I have one. that works.

The only down side is the breech is upside down. But it does fire streamlines, and with a stock spring, recon spring, and stock plunger head, I'd guesstimate 70ft-ish....

#249093 Recon Shooting Stock Darts

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 30 August 2009 - 01:30 PM in Modifications

The only problem I forsee is the boltsled breaking free from the sled due to how much you cut away. Apart from that, it's an inventive mod.

Also, Jason, I believe there is an age limit to this forum.

#248533 What Are We Allowed To Post?

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 25 August 2009 - 02:58 PM in Off Topic

No, I kinda like what Soothsayer said. I think he's on to something here.

Yeah, way to improve the site...... Make sure no-one ever posts. Shear brilliance. Why didn't I think of that before?

Look, yes, shit gets posted in Off Topic. But it just needs direction. That's all.

Not the admins saying nothing can be posted. Ever.

#248531 What Are We Allowed To Post?

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 25 August 2009 - 02:50 PM in Off Topic

Nothing. No one is allowed to post anything. Ever.

http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules

Grow up ass hat.

If you are unsure about the subject matter, PM an admin member. They can point you in the right direction.

#248266 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 23 August 2009 - 11:16 AM in Modifications

And so the work begins......

Posted Image

*evil laugh*

#248108 District 9

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 22 August 2009 - 11:40 AM in Off Topic

I like the original short, 'Alive in joberg'

It's the original short film that the director made. It's really good. So I have high hopes for the film.

#247850 Titan Mod Without Pvc Pipes?

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 20 August 2009 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

I did mine with spare brass:

http://www.nerfhq.co...g99992#msg99992

#247638 Help!

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 19 August 2009 - 02:42 PM in Modifications

http://www.nerfhq.co...g97101#msg97101

HQ can also be your friend.......

#247634 Crossbow Measurements

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 19 August 2009 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

I'm open to suggestions, but would rather return it to something like normal.

EDIT: Thanks to Bob in the chat, I found my answer. Sort Of. A better quality version would be appreciated.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=13485

#247631 Crossbow Measurements

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 19 August 2009 - 02:04 PM in Modifications

@ Sooth - Shall we just duct tape it to your head and call it a day then?

@ Nerfitynerf - Also, yes, that's how it came. I just cleaned up the edges so I could add the new foregrip.

#247620 Crossbow Measurements

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 19 August 2009 - 12:14 PM in Modifications

Hey guys.

As most of you know, I am now the proud owner of the 'Fucked Bow'
Posted Image

Now the reason I have made this thread is to ask for help. I need a 1:1 scale picture of the front grip from a stock crossbow. I plan on making a wooden version to fill this gaping hole:
Posted Image
So if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Gents!!

#247482 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 18 August 2009 - 02:07 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Name: The Fucked Bow
Mods Done: Bugger all at the moment, gotta save it first.....
Integrations: N/A
Comments: Plans for this fucker: +bow internals, solid wood foregrip, no intergrations, and a kickass paintjob..... UNION JACK!!!

#246897 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 13 August 2009 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

'Big Bertha'
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't worry, the black coat is a base coat ONLY!

#246714 Happy Birthday Omc

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 12 August 2009 - 12:29 PM in Off Topic

Thanks VACC....

#246709 Happy Birthday Omc

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 12 August 2009 - 12:19 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday OMC.

Brit

#246082 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 08 August 2009 - 06:52 AM in General Nerf

Any reason why iTunes won't let me alter the info on the podcasts?

#244998 Nothing To See Here , Move Along :-)

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 01 August 2009 - 12:13 PM in General Nerf

The first time you run with it, the ammo will fall out of the upside down clip.

I'll stick to my superclip thank you.

#244984 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 01 August 2009 - 09:34 AM in Modifications

Some of my stuff I've been working on (besides from work and my house):

Posted Image
Failed ArrowFinder
Posted Image
Speedloading Hornet - with brass
Posted Image
WIP Big British Bow
Posted Image
Union Jack
Posted Image

#243884 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 25 July 2009 - 06:16 PM in General Nerf

My apologies angel.

Not for anything in your post, but for not doing as you asked in this last podcast.

I will say 'chocolate dough nut' on the podcast. Promise

#242997 Pistol Splat Holster

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 21 July 2009 - 03:25 PM in General Nerf

Try the guy who was selling the leather mav and nf holsters.

I'm sure his sales thread says he'll do custom jobs, if you send him the blasters.

http://nerfhaven.com...eather holsters
Hope that helps.

#242275 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 16 July 2009 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

First 15 minutes of The Rock, Nicholas cage and his work colleague are playing in the office. His friend has a sercet shot.

#241584 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 12 July 2009 - 11:48 AM in Off Topic

About time I got Live...

BritNerfMogul

Playing a lot at the moment, had to get my new score up....
COD4
Halo 3
GTA 4
Forza 2
Gears 2(coming soon)

PM me with your Haven name as well.....

Brit

#241141 Crossbows

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 09 July 2009 - 06:00 PM in General Nerf

Fair Point Sooth.

But as the owner of a classic car, I know a bit about appreciation (Moneywise)

Age + rarity + performance DOESN'T = Skyhigh prices.

I have a car that's 23 years old, only one of 200 left in the world, and can eat one of the most modern porsches for breakfast. Yet It's nowhere near the same price. This can be found in all sorts of places.

I feel the crossbow is the same. Look at the +bow. My apologies to who ever made it, as I have forgotten your name, but said nerfer has made one for $30. If it works, it's a bargain. And a +bow stand on the same principles. Simplicity.

I agree, nothing I really say can change anything, but maybe if everyone just thinks about it. Everyone. Then maybe, just maybe...

#241135 Crossbows

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 09 July 2009 - 05:46 PM in General Nerf

Brit,

If you're just trying to understand it is supply and demand. Crossbows are rare. They haven't been made for over 15 years. They used to only cost around 60 bucks, but that was when there were 3000 members on the site. Now that there are 30,000, the price is going to go sky high because more people want them. As I said before, high demand, low supply.

Talio.

Finally, a straight answer.

As we have discussed before Talio. I understand, but I feel it should be as high as it is. Seeing as there are several alternatives available, surely the crossbow should be in decline....
No?

#241127 Crossbows

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 09 July 2009 - 05:22 PM in General Nerf

Supply and demand, it's not your place to tell people how much to sell things for, and if I wanna sell a stock nitefinder that I painted for $30, that's what I'm gonna do, and no one can do ANYTHING other than not bid on it.

Translation: we're less of a community of nerfers and more of a bunch of selfish people trying to extort money and make sadly marginal profits. Aren't we awesome :rolleyes:

Absolutly. We're supposed to be a community, not here to screw each other over. As soon as the first person said 'I bet a crosbow will make you a better nerfer' he should have been killed, and the sentance forgotton.
I stand by my post, and think we should start working together. LIKE A COMMUNITY.

It's the same principals that go into buying an antique car, alright?

Sure, I can get a much more efficient and cheaper vehicle than a 67 Mustang, but the fact is I want one, and I'm willing to pay the price to get one.

You can't turn back time, and frankly no one and nothing is going to do so. Sure, expense is something that sucks in this hobby, but that's any hobby, so grow up, pay the price you'll have to, or just shut up and don't buy, and frankly, if you get a majority of this site to join your little "petition" against over priced blasters, any of us can still find plenty of willing individuals to pay the price we're asking.

Firstly, calm down big 'un.

Secondly, this isn't a petition, more of a 'me trying to understand the situation' thread. That and trying to offer some advice. If you don't like it, you don't have to post so much and try to belittle me.

Also, are you really trying to compare the sale of a classic car to the sale of a childs toy? Comtext is key. A classic car is worth so much money because a wider audience is involved. The market for classic nerf guns isn't that big, I'm pretty sure of that.

That's like saying one of my kidneys is worth more than your kidneys because my blood type is rarer.... except that kind of thing is illegal.

#241122 Crossbows

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 09 July 2009 - 05:16 PM in General Nerf

Hell, cars used to be sold for $150 so lets just sell new cars for that same price. Its madness I tell you!
:rolleyes: It's called inflation. Figure it out.

Do you have any idea how the market works? This really isn't inflation, it's greed and manipulation of stupid people.

#241119 Crossbows

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 09 July 2009 - 05:14 PM in General Nerf

Supply and demand, it's not your place to tell people how much to sell things for, and if I wanna sell a stock nitefinder that I painted for $30, that's what I'm gonna do, and no one can do ANYTHING other than not bid on it.

Translation: we're less of a community of nerfers and more of a bunch of selfish people trying to extort money and make sadly marginal profits. Aren't we awesome :rolleyes:

Absolutly. We're supposed to be a community, not here to screw each other over. As soon as the first person said 'I bet a crosbow will make you a better nerfer' he should have been killed, and the sentance forgotton.
I stand by my post, and think we should start working together. LIKE A COMMUNITY.

#241107 Crossbows

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 09 July 2009 - 05:02 PM in General Nerf

Right, lets cut to the chase here:

Crossbows = over priced and over worshipped

Am I the only one who thinks that Crossbows are place on a pedestal that shouldn't exist in the realms of Nerf?
I'm interested in purchasing one, not to become a good nerfer (I don't need a Xbow for that), but to paint and keep in my collection as a good looking blaster. The same reason I have a recon. It sucks bog, but looks fantastic. So why should I have to hand over an arm and a leg for a piece (Sorry, several pieces and a spring) of plastic? And sometimes, why are the prices of JUST THE SHELL the same as the full blaster? It's madness.
There are several other blasters that are capable of the ranges of a xbow, yet these are nowhere near the same price as a xbow. The logical just doesn't compute. If this were to be applied, all AT3K's should be the same. There should be no reason for the high price tag. And if someone mentions rarity, I kindly point them to the trading section and ebay, where several stock and modified xbow have suddenly become available.

By all means, charge $150+ when you've done all the work, but not stock.

So NIC, I ask you as one, to make the crossbow what it should be. Just another blaster to have in the arsenal. Not some status symbol that fails when you do. It's a toy. Let us make the right step, and consider the selling price of a crossbow. Because really, all they are to people are another blaster...

#240193 Double Shot Mod

Posted by BritNerfMogul on 04 July 2009 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Links failed.

Not looking good....

Alright let me try uploading this to youtube.

Sorry, that sounded rude anyway.

I'm just still unconvinced that it can get those ranges. Physics should be kicking in by now....