jakejagan's Content

There have been 153 items by jakejagan (Search limited from 11-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#290134 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by jakejagan on 05 December 2010 - 12:08 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: Jagan Bow #2
Mods Done: Level 4 mod, New internals (Louie's so new plunger rod, plunger head, plunger tube, spring([k26]) as well as the catch), 14 in CPVC speed-loader with grip tape in the middle, it works great. It also has the poly-resin which makes it super solid.
Integrations: I really don't want to add one, so no at the moment I guess.
Comments: This is the crossbow from the above post and the LSFG grip and rail were removed that were on. I got this from Blue today and I said to hell with trying to sand all the paint off, it wasn't just one layer but several, so I took my paintbrush and dry-brushed Testor's black and silver on it. In my opinion it looks much better than before and the dry brushing game it a "weathered" look. I still love the purple color, I just added more to it. This is my second crossbow and I love this one way more than the first. Now my war arsenal is complete with a single shot springer primary. Ranges with 3/16 ball bearing weighted darts are about 120ish and it hits ~100 with slugs which is what I wanted. I am extremely happy with this blaster. Thank you all who helped me with this build.

#288372 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by jakejagan on 13 November 2010 - 10:20 PM in Modifications

At the BAFF mod party, we did a decent amount of modding. We finished a bunch of Nite Finders for our group stash for pistol rounds so that everyone has the same sort of blaster for that round. This is one of them, which happens to be my new personal sidearm:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Modifications include a no dead space coupler--actually an end-cap with a hole drilled through--, [k26] spring replacement, teflon tape and an extra o-ring for a perfect seal, modification to keep it stock looking (orange sights, light, ammo holders), painting the silver with bolt-gun metal paint, and a custom speedloader

Ranges: Fairly good for a sidearm, I'd say about 65 feet flat with my slug darts and 6 in barrels.

I tried to resize the pics, but they are being retarded.

#294456 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by jakejagan on 13 February 2011 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#290902 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by jakejagan on 14 December 2010 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

Seeing as the thread hasn't been posted on for a few days, Ill bump it up with an addition.

Just fixed it up for Christ War after I tried some stuff to it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The barrel is 16in and the hopper holds 5 darts.

The thing on the ball valve is a PVC pipe screwed on and filled with hot glue for no wiggle.

Seriously guys, buy from broken, his stuff is awesome.

#303085 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by jakejagan on 09 August 2011 - 02:15 AM in Modifications

Hey guys, I decided to stop smoking so much and actually mod even though I don't go to any wars and I get sick right before the biggest wars in California.

I re-painted hendrix
Posted Image

Yeah, it was a cool design that I thought of when I was on a crazy trip yo.

Posted Image

This was when I was sober, but it's still awesome-sauce.

I'm out.

#300699 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by jakejagan on 28 June 2011 - 06:23 PM in Modifications

2008 meets 2011:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Oooooooh, what's inside?
Posted Image
A 3k tank fits perfectly with just a little bit of trimming
Posted Image
Posted Image
Key ring connector material: Headphones wat?
Posted Image
Stickers are nice too

#281525 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by jakejagan on 28 July 2010 - 07:54 PM in Homemades

Rogues Hopper:
Posted Image

Close-up on the barrel:
Posted Image
If you cant see, the petg was reamed out with pliers to help dart entry and the pvc was sanded to fit the petg flush.
Posted Image
On top is a 3/4 in ball-valve for easy loading. The colored e-tape is easily removable, but allows for a better grip.

Now for something of mine-ish:
Posted Image

Snap mk5 made by Darth Freyr with a pistol splat attached on the bottom via zipties. The splat acts as a fore-grip and as a second shot. The splat has a cpvc coupler and hits about 65 feet which is plenty for a back-up shot.

More pics of the snap:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#290713 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by jakejagan on 12 December 2010 - 03:13 PM in Homemades

What happens when you have a bunch of old t-shirts that you don't wear anymore?

I turn them into dart pouches of course!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Might be selling these soon. PM with any any questions etc.

Posted Image

#281375 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by jakejagan on 27 July 2010 - 12:37 PM in Homemades

Well I just got this today and I used it all day at BAFF.

Yup, thats a McNumbers +bow. Uber quality and the grip was supa soft, I had no soreness in my hand. It also came with a foregrip and padding on the stock and grip. Another picture:

Posted Image

The attachments I use are a hopper clip that holds 9 darts or 16 in of polyester.

Ranges=awesome.

Thanks Ryan.

More pictures later

#280623 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by jakejagan on 18 July 2010 - 08:00 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Zorn

Sorry for huge pics.

#290117 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by jakejagan on 05 December 2010 - 03:47 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: Jagan Bow #2
Mods Done: Level 4 mod, New internals (Louie's so new plunger rod, plunger head, plunger tube, spring([k26]) as well as the catch), 14 in CPVC speed-loader with grip tape in the middle, it works great. It also has the poly-resin which makes it super solid.
Integrations: I really don't want to add one, so no at the moment I guess.
Comments: This is the crossbow from the above post and the LSFG grip and rail were removed that were on. I got this from Blue today and I said to hell with trying to sand all the paint off, it wasn't just one layer but several, so I took my paintbrush and dry-brushed Testor's black and silver on it. In my opinion it looks much better than before and the dry brushing game it a "weathered" look. I still love the purple color, I just added more to it. This is my second crossbow and I love this one way more than the first. Now my war arsenal is complete with a single shot springer primary. Ranges with 3/16 ball bearing weighted darts are about 120ish and it hits ~100 with slugs which is what I wanted. I am extremely happy with this blaster. Thank you all who helped me with this build.

#276915 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by jakejagan on 05 June 2010 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

I finished modding it, it took forever to get the right spring, but Blue sold me a good one. Thanks man.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: The Jagan Bow (Supa Original)
Mods Done: Level 4 mod, fully reinforced (ie bolts behind the spring rests, aluminum sheeting, catch reinforcement as well as the the plunger rod guides. New internals (made by HOTH, new plunger head, plunger tube, awesome seal), and some good spring(similar to a [k25]). It will rock a Rev. 2 slug breech with 11.5 inches of 17/32 brass or a 12in cpvc speedloader. I don't know ranges, but it slams into my metal gate from 25 feet away with slugs while making a loud sound. After BAFF, I estimate that it was hitting around 95 with slugs. The plunger head originally broke off because of this retarded spring I was using. I redesigned it to work off of cpvc, and an endcap which the plunger head is screwed onto.
Integrations: This thing shoots fast and well enough so I don't need to integrate anything. Besides, the shell is in fairly good condition, so I don't feel the desire to ruin it.
Comments:Name comes from my screen name, but I don't know who had this before me, besides HOTH. It served as a great primary at BAFF, scoring great shots while being extremely comfortable in both the priming and the shell itself. It went through a few mishaps (the internals breaking, making a new plunger head design, springs, catching issues) I have a video of it on youtube :Crossbow Video

#291179 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by jakejagan on 19 December 2010 - 06:26 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: FANBOW
Integrations: Rattler with 2.25 in CPVC barrels
Comments: Yeah, it's a FANBOW of Ellen. Crossbow hits around 100 with slugs and the rattler hits about 50.

Well, I did not notice that I needed the approval of Gears' bitch to post accordingly. Fuck it. Im not changing it.

#275947 Diy: Hopper Clips

Posted by jakejagan on 25 May 2010 - 05:41 PM in Darts and Barrels

Would Slug darts work with this setup?

#287200 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by jakejagan on 19 October 2010 - 09:50 PM in Off Topic

BestHYPHYHINDU

I play L4D, L4D2, MW2

#288078 Community Snap Thread

Posted by jakejagan on 07 November 2010 - 11:58 AM in Homemades

What is the advantage of wood plunger rods? Is it the mass, feel?

#282088 Community Snap Thread

Posted by jakejagan on 04 August 2010 - 12:11 PM in Homemades

Beaver, an idea that was used with my snap was to put an o-ring on the end of the cpvc tee handle. It should a little bit fatter than the normal o-ring. I'll get a picture of it today. It will help protect the tee from smashing into the rear bushing

I love snaps as well and this thread is a great idea because even though there are great write-ups, somethings aren't explained (which is totally fine, people should be able to solves the problem) well.

#291656 Rainbow

Posted by jakejagan on 27 December 2010 - 07:32 PM in Homemades

I remember people saying that these were war-tested, how did they perform?

#287923 Rainbow

Posted by jakejagan on 04 November 2010 - 04:31 PM in Homemades

Well, I think you're right on that one. There are just so many people using SNAPs that you can't count them. I wasn't originally wanting to build a homemade, but now I really want to build a SNAP, or a rainbow.

Snaps are homemades idiot. They are just a different type.

Great mechanism Stark and friends. I like the simplicity and sleek design.

#274566 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by jakejagan on 11 May 2010 - 08:17 PM in General Nerf

I would like to be part of it. I am 16, but I have a squeaky voice. I am active in the monthly BAFF wars and attend mod parties.

#276772 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by jakejagan on 04 June 2010 - 12:03 AM in News

I like how this looks. If the plunger is bigger than a maverick and it has SOME potential, it could be a fast sidearm.

#274149 The Overkill: This Is What Happens When A Titan And A Longshot Have Ch

Posted by jakejagan on 05 May 2010 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

I agree with Ice. You all are going to hell.

#270143 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by jakejagan on 23 March 2010 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

I think I just shat my pants after I saw the finished product. This is a fantastic modification Banshee. May you get lots of money for this gun on ebay.

#280413 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by jakejagan on 16 July 2010 - 01:52 PM in General Nerf

This looks like alot of fun. I'd love to use this during zombie rounds with a drum mag. From the looks of it, it ought to shoot about 30 ft which is plenty.

#265666 The Tornadobow

Posted by jakejagan on 16 February 2010 - 08:19 PM in Homemades

That's cool. Is solvent weld sold at OSH and what is it called? Could I get a part number possibly?

#265612 The Tornadobow

Posted by jakejagan on 16 February 2010 - 12:11 PM in Homemades

Excellent modification. I have one question for you though. Is this modification durable? When I mean durable, I mean that it will be able to last for a few wars or 1 at the least?

#265624 The Tornadobow

Posted by jakejagan on 16 February 2010 - 02:19 PM in Homemades

I understand that was not the point of it. I was just curious to see if it is. With a strong spring like the [k26], the internals ought to be solid. Again, I was just curious to see if it was.

#276431 Homemade Arrows

Posted by jakejagan on 30 May 2010 - 03:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

I'm referring to ONLY using math to get your answer. Now a combination of the two would would provide good results in my opinion.

Fome: Never mind about the E-tape thing.

#276426 Homemade Arrows

Posted by jakejagan on 30 May 2010 - 01:36 PM in Darts and Barrels

I agree with Fome, so screw the formulas. Guess and check is the simplest method. I am glad that a good substitute has been created.

Fome, how many wraps of E-tape did you use for the foam? Did you do it in more than one area?

#280190 Preeminent Plunger Head

Posted by jakejagan on 13 July 2010 - 11:37 PM in Homemades

Beaver, that is awesome. I love how easy this has become. Makes me want to go make one.

#280206 Preeminent Plunger Head

Posted by jakejagan on 14 July 2010 - 10:37 AM in Homemades

Couldn't you use a cut down PVC coupler rather than that coupler on the right? It seems like the same thing on the side you cut off, but I could be wrong.

#282025 Hybrid Hopper, Combines Hopper With Brisc

Posted by jakejagan on 03 August 2010 - 09:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

I love the streamlined design of the new clip. Would you be able to compare the ranges of a hopper to "THE CHOPPER"?

#282092 Hybrid Hopper, Combines Hopper With Brisc

Posted by jakejagan on 04 August 2010 - 12:53 PM in Darts and Barrels

Wow, that is awesome, I need to make one

#287111 The Clothespin Trigger Mk2

Posted by jakejagan on 17 October 2010 - 11:38 PM in Homemades

This is fantastic, I have a ton of ideas for this.

#276124 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by jakejagan on 26 May 2010 - 08:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Month of event: June [CA] BAFF 9

http://nerfhaven.com...19562&hl=BAFF 9

Month of Event: June [CA] BAFF 9B

http://nerfhaven.com...19587&hl=BAFF 9

#270144 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by jakejagan on 23 March 2010 - 09:58 PM in Nerf Wars

BAFF 7 April [CA] url : http://nerfhaven.com...topic=19193&hl=

#276940 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by jakejagan on 06 June 2010 - 01:28 AM in Nerf Wars

June:

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19562]19th [CA] BAFF 9[/url]

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19587]26th [CA] BAFF 9B[/url]

Bob, I already posted this.

#278248 Splitfire/2k Turret Modification!

Posted by jakejagan on 22 June 2010 - 02:13 AM in Modifications

California Pants: He said that he saw the write-up and wanted to do something different.

#278112 Splitfire/2k Turret Modification!

Posted by jakejagan on 20 June 2010 - 01:42 PM in Modifications

Wow, amazing. I love how you kept what is good about it and just improved it.

#281978 Alpha Trooper Jamming Problem

Posted by jakejagan on 03 August 2010 - 03:33 PM in General Nerf

You need to pull the grip as far back as possible. This happened when I was using mine. A piece inhibits the "bolt" from going forward to shoot unless it is pushed ALL the way back.

Just try pulling it back near you ear and keep pulling until you here a small "click" noise. If it still doesn't work, return it.