DTReaper's Content

There have been 301 items by DTReaper (Search limited from 08-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#65796 Maverick

Posted by DTReaper on 14 October 2005 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

The main problem witht he mav is its lack of good conection between the revolver part and the plunger so if the thing is to tight it loses all the air in the barrel.

-DTR

#107930 Mav Air Seal

Posted by DTReaper on 28 May 2007 - 09:34 AM in General Nerf

What I did to get a better air seal is add a small o-ring to the front of the pluger if you notice the front part moves around but with this it doesnt. But you need to do slug's mod before it works. thats my advice it actually works pretty well.

-DTR

#98011 Mattel Ultimator Vs. Titan

Posted by DTReaper on 09 January 2007 - 05:15 PM in General Nerf

I own both and I will say that my titan never got really good ranges and the utimattor has amazing ranges even better than its kinda rerealease which is the XXL gun, Its range is terrible. If I were to rank by range i would got ultimator, titan, XXL. For accuracy the titan wins hands down the XXL and Ultimator are pretty much identical. I think the range boost is because of the lighter missle as it takes less air to get it moving. As far as modibility goes again the titan wins with the other two again being the same. as for durability i have heard that the ultimator has its weaknesses in its trigger in that it breaks rather easily but this has never happened to me. The XXL I havent heard anything about any problems. The titan I have has a pump problem and can be overpumped by carelessness. Overall I would say the titan would win with the ultimator coming in second followed by the XXL because the XXl weights a shitload more than either of them.

-DTR

#79621 Manta Ray Custom Paintjob+ Mod

Posted by DTReaper on 11 April 2006 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

Dude, that thing is bitching. To say the least.

-DTR

#185681 Magstrike Piston

Posted by DTReaper on 26 October 2008 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

Incidentally right after reading your topic my gun suffered the samre affliction. So I took it apart much like you did and took off that top piece that you did in the film and noticed that it had some super glue residue on it and looked like it broke off. So I simply super glued it back on and glued the piston back together and sure enough it worked. Hope this helps.

-DTR

#185744 Magstrike Piston

Posted by DTReaper on 26 October 2008 - 08:08 PM in Modifications

Well I keep the main spring compressed whil gluing so there is no stress on the drying part. by the front pice i mean the very front of the whole piston assemble where the o-ring is on the outside. And by the first bit is hard I mean that you glue in two stages the first you use a little glue and get the joint solidly together then once that is dry you put more on. Hope this clears it up some.

-DTR

#185760 Magstrike Piston

Posted by DTReaper on 26 October 2008 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

That might be whats causing the leaking problem when you hold the valve open because the rubber might not be seating right mine didnt leak it just moved forward and stopped however if you glue it on there won't be any wiggling so it will fix both problems at once.

-DTR

#185696 Magstrike Piston

Posted by DTReaper on 26 October 2008 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Well I used super glue to glue the back piece back on just put some e-tape in the rod part to keep the spring compressed while you reglue it then untape it when its dry. be liberal with the glue after the first bit is hard. I can't remember specifically if the front piece wiggled but i dont think it will matter as long as it is glued on relativly straight as it has to seal against the fron piece for it to fire. Hope it helps.

-DTR

#92376 Mag Leaking

Posted by DTReaper on 20 October 2006 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

Plumbers goop anyone or you could if you haven't modified it yet just return it to the store and get a new magstrike and hope it doesn't have the same problem.

-DTR

#116723 M.p.p.v.p.g. (mass Producable Piston Valve Pneumatic Gun)

Posted by DTReaper on 21 July 2007 - 09:27 PM in Homemades

Ok essetially you first fill up the crader valve that is seen on the back of the valve. This closes off the barrel with a neoprene washer with the pressure from that side. Then you fill up the main tank to a psi that is slightly lower than the valve side of the gun. Now the gun is primed to fire it you simply use the ball valve to release all the air in the valve side. The pressure from the main tank will soon be higher than the pressure on the other side of the valve and this will force the piston back away from the barrel and release the seal on it allowing the air from the main tank to escape through the barrel and forces the dart out. I hope this clears up the confusion on how a piston valve works. Also the only reason the ballvalve was on top was so it could all be shown at the same time but it will be on the side of the gun when I build it.

-DTR

#117102 M.p.p.v.p.g. (mass Producable Piston Valve Pneumatic Gun)

Posted by DTReaper on 25 July 2007 - 12:49 PM in Homemades

What do you mean by blowgun valve? Check Valve?

Well a blowgun is just the thing that people use in shops to focus pressurized air but the reason I want to use one is because it instantaniously opens and can exhaust the air behind the valve far faster than a ballvalve. So really it is the same thing just a little better than a ball valve. It pretty self explanitory but here is a picture of a blowgun http://www.homedepot...uctId=100073836 . So any more questions feel free to ask.

-DTR

#130399 M.p.p.v.p.g. (mass Producable Piston Valve Pneumatic Gun)

Posted by DTReaper on 22 November 2007 - 10:27 PM in Homemades

I finally decided to finish this gun despite your warnings. It performs amazingly compared to all the previous generations of this gun. So all that really need to be done was fit the last endcap and the ball valve (exhaust valve) to the gun. So While I was at finishing those I also redesigned the piston to be lighter and far more durable. I went from a CPVC pipe and end cap piston to a bolt, nuts, washers, and neoprene. So here is a picture of it all taken apart
Posted Image
and here is the redesigned piston next to the old one.
Posted Image
as you can see I also decided to add a spring behiend the piston to make it more efficent so it automatically resteats itself once all the air in the primary tank is gone. It also means I don't need as much air behiend in the piston tank.
And here it is all together
Posted Image
All together I am extremely happy with the gun. It exhausts all the air in the primary tank really fast. A ball valve takes far longer to open then this valve. So this increases the initial velocity of the gun by leaps and bounds because it needs less barrel length to get the best air speed.
So questions comments critisism (besides the aformentioned issues)?

-DTR

edit: the ranges are spectacular, it has about a 12 inch barrel and it is getting over 100 feet flat with mega stephans. Also the ranges for angled are about 250 feet at least. once I get the right size barrel for this gun it will be hitting better ranges these are just the preliminary ranges.

#116692 M.p.p.v.p.g. (mass Producable Piston Valve Pneumatic Gun)

Posted by DTReaper on 21 July 2007 - 03:26 PM in Homemades

Ok so while I was making my last gun I was thinking of ways to fix and improve my pnuematic gun that I have and broke twice. I origanally repaired it for a leaking schrader valve (I tried to epoxy one in ther and it didnt work so well). After this repair for some reason I replaced one of the pieces of white PVC with a piece of conduit PVC and this worked for awhile but after I dropped the gun alittle I tried pumping it up and once I hit 140 psi (a pressure I reached severl times without fail) the piece with the conduit PVC shot out of the airtank and that piece hit a fence resulting in severe damage to all parts except for the airtank seen here
Posted Image
Now with this busted ass gun I decided that if it was broken like this I should make it better and I came up with a pnuematically actuated piston valve. I have several drawings here is a hand drawn one with no markings
Posted Image
and here is one made in paint with markings
Posted Image
Now if you have any particular questions about these just ask and I will try to answer them. Also as a side note for the drawings the neoprene washers most likely can be replaced by several o-rings. Now I have most of the parts I need for this gun but I still need a few last parts before I can finish these include a schrader valve and 2, 1 and 1/4 inch neoprene washers (if I decide to go that way). Also I could change the ballvalve in the valve for one of those blowgun things. Here is a picture of all the parts I currently have
Posted Image
I hope to start this project fairly soon but I don't know when I can but I will try to update from time to time.
But for now and questions comments or suggestions

-DTR

#117065 M.p.p.v.p.g. (mass Producable Piston Valve Pneumatic Gun)

Posted by DTReaper on 24 July 2007 - 11:07 PM in Homemades

This is my first update so I got together most of the gun I have half the airtank finished and the rest isnt all that hard. I also need to aquire another schrader valve. Then I need to finish the exahust system, as of right now I can easily do a a ball valve exhaust but I am going to try to get a blow gun exhaust as it will work much better. I also have the parts for this bit but it will take a bit more effort to get it done. Hopefully I can get this done soon. Here are some pictures of it here its all together
Posted Image
and here it is with the matianece part opened and out and with the pieces that still need to be attached
Posted Image
So thats as far as I have gotten it any questions comments or suggestions will be taken

-DTR

#115113 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 09 July 2007 - 08:24 AM in Homemades

Looks nice so far. Will it be fed into the barrel or will there actualy be a bolt with a magazine above/below it.

Yes it is going to be fed into the barrel. The bolt action will both prime the gun and load in a new round. And the magazine as in the inspiration gun will be on the bottom.

-DTR

#115881 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 15 July 2007 - 03:30 PM in Homemades

This is my second to last update for the gun. The suggestion for the stock with the coupler was actually what I had in mind of doing but wasn't sure if I was going to do it that way. So here is the gun finished except for it lacking a barrel and if I decide to a paintjob.
Posted Image
And here it is again with the stock and magazine attached
Posted Image
Ok if anyone wants me to put up more specific pictures of a certain area of the gun just ask for it and I'll try to get it up if I can.
Also the next update isn't likely to happen until at least wednesday or later because as I said before thats when the brass should be coming in. However I figured out a problem I will incounter and am currently looking for a solution to it and while I have some ideas I would like your input. The problem is that because the clip top lacks rounded edges the darts won't stay in the clip and will just fall out. So if anyone has any ideas feel free to post them.
So any questions, comments, or suggestions

-DTR

#115599 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 12 July 2007 - 05:37 PM in Homemades

Good job on keeping the roundness of the PM12. Most of the PM12's receiver is tube shaped. A cocking handle on the left side like the real PM12 would be a nice feature, with the ability to lock the bolt back so you can insert the magazine and release the bolt to chamber a round.

Well the bolt will be able to remain back because it will not be pushed forward by any means except for manual power. This is one of the unfortunate things about it is that I have to physically push it forward after priming it. So that is one downside to it but unless I decide to change the looks to accomadate a return spring. But that is unlikely to happen. And the balsa is planning on staying it works well enough and is really cheap and requires almost no cutting.

#116932 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 23 July 2007 - 04:57 PM in Homemades

What kind of ranges are you getting?

I have yet to finish the gun while everthing is functional due to lack of material (at the moment) it lacks a barrel which I know I have been saying I have been getting on certain days a few times but the hobbyshop near me has been having an issue getting the 17/32 brass tubing. When I get it I will finish updating the gun and give out ranges and rof and other such things. But wait for a little while longer for that when I finish it I will tell you all.

-DTR

#115906 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 15 July 2007 - 07:07 PM in Homemades

Is this gun really mass produceable? Meaning, is it not too hard to construct? If so, I would be interested in building one, because it is really starting to look nice. The only issue I have with mags is the fact that it is hard to carry extra ones because the darts just fall out since nothing is keeping them in.

Yeah that is the problem I am having and asked for help with. I was thinking that a paper clip in the top of it would work or crackerjack man had a good idea with the string down the middle. But once I have that done it should be really easy. And yes it is rather easy to make I mean most of the parts can be made in less than 5 minutes but some take up to about probably 30 minutes. I just take a bit longer because I like to measure three times and cut once. But some of the things on this gun are extra like the second piece of PVC below the first and also the trigger guard and the sights. All these are unnessasary and probably added about an hour and a half to the construction of it. But yes I would say it is mass producable for two reasons because all the parts are easily avalible and because all the parts are easy to replicate and create.

-DTR

#115093 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 08 July 2007 - 10:55 PM in Homemades

Now before I start this site has a picture of the gun that is the inspiration for this upcoming gun.
http://www.berettawe...ta_PM12_Ins.htm
On this site is where I will aquire most of my information.
It is the Beretta Model 12 S, cal.9 mm. Parabellum Sub-machine Gun. Now on to the specifics it will be spring powered and be bolt action with a working clip and breech. I will most likely try to keep with my idea that simple is better. I plan on using a clothes pin trigger and the breech will be made using brass and most likely be the one that ompa used in his version of the SCAR-N. Now changes to the inspiration gun, first off it won’t have the safety trigger on the grip. It also may have a stock I am not sure at the moment we will see if I come up with anything. Other than that I may change the bolt on the other side but that is unlikely. Also the dimensions on the gun may not be identical to the real gun. The reason why I chose this is because it seemed almost perfect for nerf for several reasons. On is it has a large area that can accommodate a clothespin trigger. Second it kind of does look like a nerf gun I mean the barrel sticks out a good inch or two and the main section is circular in nature so PVC will work quite well. Now these are the parts I currently done
-the front end cap
Posted Image
-plunger head and part of catch
Posted Image (yes I know that it is not done but all I need is another neoprene washer which I will shortly get)
-back endcap
Posted Image
-magazine
Posted Image
So this project is likely to take a while but I will continue to update it over a while.This is the first time I am trying this method of posting the gun like this but it may end up being better then the other way I did it before.
Tell me what you think thoughts ideas questions
-DTR

#115732 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 13 July 2007 - 11:18 PM in Homemades

Its looking good, I started making a bolt action homemade but I got stuck on the bolt seal. Hope you get around that.

Yes I did in fact overcome this problem with a brass breech which effectively keeps all the air in and second I have the o-ring around the back end of the bolt casing to keep the air in that.
So now for the updates I have recently finished most of the casing.
Posted Image
I cut out the holes for the magazine in the casing and also the bolt part. I also fitted the magazine hold and began work on the magazine catch. Also I have almost finished the trigger part of it it simply needs to be glued. Now all that needs to be done is finishing those two parts and the getting the lower reciever finished along with the two handles. Hoever on to the bad news it seems that my local hobby shop fucked up and the warehouse he contacted didn't have any brass so he is talking to another to get some so that will be pushed back till probably about tuesday or wednesday at soonest.
So questions comments suggestions

-DTR

#116905 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 23 July 2007 - 11:50 AM in Homemades

very nice gun. good guide for it, too. what did you use for the foregrip?

I used two pieces of 3/4 inch PVC pipe that one is cut partailly in half and glued to the other whole piece if you check out my detailed writeup for my mass producable spring pistol it is shown there and is made the exact same way. It's fairly simple to make and just needs hot glue 3/4 inch PVC pipe and a hacksaw.

-DTR

#115492 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 11 July 2007 - 09:45 PM in Homemades

Yeah I didn't update yesterday mainly due to too much stuff (work and rifle team practice). But I got parts yeasterday and now I have gotten around to update. So I got around to finishing most of the internal parts except for the barrel which I need a piece of braas which should be arriving at my local hobby shop thrusday or friday. So here are some pictures of the progress.
Posted Image
Here is the back part of the bolt
Posted Image
And here is the soon to be completed bolt part.
Posted Image
here are the internals lined up completed for the most part.
I'll try to get more updates but I have been working alot lately and I still need to get that piece of brass. Also if you cant read the measuring tape the gun is going to be about 22.5 inches long with out the stock (if i decide to add one) which is about 8 iches longer than the real gun. So it really isn't to far off considering the size of some of my previous homemades which push about 3 feet.
So any questions, comments suggestions
-DTR

#115119 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 09 July 2007 - 09:30 AM in Homemades

Oh dear god... This is going to be awesome! Seriously, the rifle looks sick man. Good work, if you get it to look like the real thing though, paint it colours because cops shoot first and ask questions later with that type of thing. Will you get to selling these if you get one done and get the hang of it all?

Possibly I may sell my whole line of guns depending on the amount of materials I can get and the interest in these guns. However this project is getting held up till I can locate some 17/32 brass tube because the closest hobbyshop to me doesn't have it. However I will continue my search and if all else fails I'll order it online.

-DTR

#115637 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 12 July 2007 - 11:58 PM in Homemades

Ok so not to much to update on I didn't get too much done today but I'll show you what I did accomplish. Here is the finished bolt part all that needs to be done to it drill a hole and add in the bolt so I can pull on it that will come later though. AllI need to do is just glue it togther and it will be done.
Posted Image
Here are all the parts lined up next to the casing that is now cut.
Posted Image
I still need to make the cuts and such in the casing for the specific parts like the bolt and the hole for the rounds to go through. Also I still need to attach the trigger system and the clip holder. I will also need to attach the parts for the grip and such. Then finish over all the remaining touchy parts including the clip lock and the detachable stock if I decide to add that. Lastly I will need to attach the remaining little insignificat things like sights and stuff like that.

Suggestions comments questions

-DTR

#115184 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 09 July 2007 - 06:55 PM in Homemades

Update
Ok so I didn’t get much done today. All I did was make the clip holder for the gun. Here are the parts for it minus the ½ inch coupler. (1 and ¼ inch PVC coupler and 1 and ¼ T with one side being ½ inch)
Posted Image
Here is a side view of it
Posted Image
Here is the front view
Posted Image
Here is the diagonal view
Posted Image
And here is the magazine in it
Posted Image
However there are still a few things I need to do for this part including a magazine latch. I don’t think it will be too hard. I will probably use some sort of clothes pin with a nail in it and a metal sheet. This may take me a while as I am getting a job and I also have rifle team practices to go to. So updates may take a while but I will attempt to keep the project going.

Questions, comments, thoughts

-DTR

#115833 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by DTReaper on 14 July 2007 - 09:55 PM in Homemades

Yeah double post for an update (not that I'm happy about it).
Ok I got the mag lock finished and in place. I also glued the trigger into place and got it tested to see if it worked. I also made and attached the front handle.
Posted Image
Lastly I made part of the lower reciever but have yet to attach it to the frame or attach the hand grip.
Posted Image
So on to what I need to do is make the stock and figure out how to attch it. Then I need to finish the lower reciever for it and attach it to the gun. Then I need to make the sights and get the barrel and finish it.

-DTR

#95517 M.p.bar (mass Producable Bolt Action Rifle) Mk.1

Posted by DTReaper on 28 November 2006 - 09:37 PM in Homemades

It's sort of SNAP-ish, by basic design. But you've customized the breech and bolt system.

Really, really nice. Good on ya to throw your own design together and have it work well.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet. You now have the most expensive NERF homemade around. That SureFire integrated foregrip/ light costs a bundle. Did you put a Picatinny rail on your homemade?

I sure wish I had the motivation and free time to finish both my FAR and my SNAP. Half-done, both of them.

-Piney-

Actually that surefire was my brother's (he was in the air force TAC-P to be procise for you people who don't know thats the people who tell the pilots where to drop the bombs) and he told me to put it on a gun. I just used a screw to attach a piece of thickish sheet metal to the PVC and that seemed to work well. I plan on moving it to my MK.II which is almost finished on the design plans right now. By the way thanks for the praise Piney coming from someone like you means alot.

-DTR

#95489 M.p.bar (mass Producable Bolt Action Rifle) Mk.1

Posted by DTReaper on 28 November 2006 - 04:24 PM in Homemades

Is there anyway you could make the pictures a bit bigger?

No I cant make the pictures bigger just click on them to see the whole thing. They are an OK size.

-DTR

#95509 M.p.bar (mass Producable Bolt Action Rifle) Mk.1

Posted by DTReaper on 28 November 2006 - 07:38 PM in Homemades

Nice job. I was actually thinking of designing a bolt-action myself as a proof-of-concept test gun for the systems I will be using in my shotty. I might wind up using a design similar to yours, but I was originally planning for it to look something like a WWII-era Lee-Enfield, but much shorter and with a detachable magazine. Once you get the Mk. II up, tell me how smooth the feed system is.

Sure Ill tell you but it will take me a while to get it up plus I will be doing a writeup for the MK.II so you can expect that but it will take me awhile to aquire parts and find time to make it but one or two good weekends should do it. As you know this is actally the prototype for the MK.II even though it was designed before much like you are planing. But if I can get all that parts it will be up soon with a writeup.

-DTR

#95471 M.p.bar (mass Producable Bolt Action Rifle) Mk.1

Posted by DTReaper on 28 November 2006 - 07:01 AM in Homemades

Dude, that's amazing. Why did you use 25lb springs? Why didn't you just get a AR15 one like in the F.A.R.?

Well as the tital suggests I was going for mass producability which means simple and the materials must be easy to get and if I had gone with the AR 15 spring I would have to get it online however since I have to get some music wire online I guess I may get one. Anyone want to give me the hyperlink for that really cheap place to buy them? The two 25LB springs are commonly at my homedepot which is a short walk from my house so they are very easy to get.

-DTR

#95445 M.p.bar (mass Producable Bolt Action Rifle) Mk.1

Posted by DTReaper on 27 November 2006 - 07:56 PM in Homemades

Yes 2-3 days that includes all designing and Ill add ROF which is actually about 60RPM. And yes I will post the MK.2 which will include a clip and increased range and better trigger mech when I am done with it.

-DTR

#95451 M.p.bar (mass Producable Bolt Action Rifle) Mk.1

Posted by DTReaper on 27 November 2006 - 09:02 PM in Homemades

Ok some people have suggested that I build a clip system for it and This is exactly what I intended to do from the start in fact the more complex Mk.2 was designed before the Mk.1. This has a clip system in it however it seemed complex at the time so I built this to test theories and other things but before that I had built most of the Mk.2 including the clip system, well mostly. So these are the pics of the clip system.
Posted Image
Outside
Posted Image
closer up outside
Posted Image
from top bottom
Posted Image
front
Posted Image
from outside
Posted Image
bolt closed
Posted Image
bolt opened
Posted Image
start of clip in correct spot. Clip missing sheet metal so basically the wood in between the PVC parts is where the metal would be.
It is basically a 1 inch to 1/2 inch T PVC coupler with a 1/2 inch PVC T inside and centered, using other PVC pieces. outside of the main part 1 and 1/4 inch PVC. The clip will be made of 1/2 inch PVC and sheetmetal. It will use 2 inch micro stefans. I still need to make the spring out of something.

-DTR

#95436 M.p.bar (mass Producable Bolt Action Rifle) Mk.1

Posted by DTReaper on 27 November 2006 - 06:19 PM in Homemades

Commonly hunted: yes it doesn't use shells, I don't know how many darts ill try to get as many in as I can in a small a space as possible, Yes it is uncomfortable thats what I plan to fix in the MK.2 using the SCAR-N trigger system so I can move it forward considerable. The plunger stroke is about 4 and 1/2 inches maybe a bit more. I plan on making the gun a bit longer and getting a third 25LB spring in there to improve range. Yeah "Mississippi seconds" I could maybe get them in faster but there is a slight problem that the outer breech cover doesn't go back far enough so it doesnt uncover the inner breech (the part where the dart goes in).
The_CrackerJack_Man: The trigger is just a piece of metal I believe it is an L it had 2 screw holes on each side and is ideal for a clothspin trigger. And I had it held with epoxy but for some reason my epoxy sucks ass and Now its held with hot glue. It hasn't broken yet so the high melt glue is pretty good.

-DTR

#95423 M.p.bar (mass Producable Bolt Action Rifle) Mk.1

Posted by DTReaper on 27 November 2006 - 03:41 PM in Homemades

Ok, so its been a while since i saw a new spring homemade so I said fuck it ill make one of my own. So I set to work. This poject took me 2-3 days to make. Its a bolt action rifle with 2, 25LB springs glued together for proplsion.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Length: 31 inches
hight: 7.5 inches
barrel length: 8 inches
caliber: micro stephans
ROF: 60RPM
Power: spring plunger 4
Plunger stroke: 4 1/2 inches
Loading: bolt action breech
flat range:65 feet
angled range: 105 feet
Design: When I origanally designed it it was a much better gun with a magazine, however this gun is the dumbed down version of It. I designed it in school using parts I knew I have. I made it with mass production and high reproducability. This is one of the simplist designs I made. After my first faliure of a pistol I realized I needed metal for the catch parts as it is far more durable.
Materials: The materials for this are very easy to get.
-1/2 inch PVC
-1/2 inch CPVC
-3/4 inch PVC
-1 inch PVC
-1 1/4 inch PVC
-clothspin
-nail
-random screws from basement
- 3/4 inch PVC endcap
-3/4 to 1/2 inch PVC reducer
-1 1/4 to 1/2 inch PVC reducer
-nut and bolt unknown size
-2, 25LB springs
-1/2 inch CPVC endcap
-o-rings
-washer from basement with ID of OD of 1/2 CPVC
Component detail
Posted Image
Internal pic
Posted Image
plunger and plunger tube
Posted Image
clothspin trigger and spring
Posted Image
grip and other things in background
Posted Image
open breech
Improvements:
-Make magazine for it
-move trigger forward and use scar-n trigger system
-make range better
Questions and comments will be answered.

-DTR

#95426 M.p.bar (mass Producable Bolt Action Rifle) Mk.1

Posted by DTReaper on 27 November 2006 - 03:53 PM in Homemades

The ROF is ok since it primes and opens the breech in one pull you can just put a dart in and push the bolt forward and fire. So it depends on how well you can load the dart. Probably about 5 seconds per dart if you have it in your hand so about 30RPM probably less. But thats the max speed.

-DTR

#65572 loser Weapon.

Posted by DTReaper on 11 October 2005 - 07:57 PM in General Nerf

All I really can see for the BBB is a shot gun with a clip due to it's unique cocking method so everytime you cock it a new round comes into the chamber. So Thats my feelings on the BBB but you can do what you want but due to its lack of superior range to a few cheaper guns I would not use it as a long range weapon.

-DTR

#90211 Looking For A Complete Checklist

Posted by DTReaper on 22 September 2006 - 08:23 PM in General Nerf

The bottom one it the power bazzoka(sp?) I believe.

-DTR

#114587 Long Range Records?

Posted by DTReaper on 05 July 2007 - 05:22 PM in General Nerf

With what, a marble? -_- I thought the terminal velocity of nerf foam restricted it to around 200'.

Apparently with the rediculous amount of pressure and the rediculous length of the barrel the mega dart was able to get to that distance. Plus I believe that may be flat range not angled. But I am not sure and I have no way to prove it so beileve it if you want to if not I really don't care.

-DTR

#114584 Long Range Records?

Posted by DTReaper on 05 July 2007 - 05:00 PM in General Nerf

Well with this gun seen here
Posted Image
and a 10 foot length of 1/2 inch PVC at 120psi. I got about 525 feet which is 175 yards. This is only paced out but I could be off by about 20 feet or so. That however is fairly accurate estimate of the range.

-DTR