MercenaryXero's Content

There have been 142 items by MercenaryXero (Search limited from 31-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#180030 Mnno Recap Thread.

Posted by MercenaryXero on 27 September 2008 - 09:19 PM in Nerf Wars

This was a pretty great first war. Met dudes, shot dudes.

Pros:
-Good Nerfing
-Decent weather (But the sweatshirt helped a lot.)
-Nothing breaking
-Ghetto chain, fuck yeah
-Not losing (or using) that many darts
-Ridiculous gun round

Cons
-Fucking bees in my shoe
-Minimal tower rounds
-Slowing pace the hour or so before I left
-Not having that great of guns
-Frequently moving stuff around

I'm thinking of greatly improving the ghetto chain, would it merit its own topic? Also, ideas for drink-rails have been floating through my head all day...

#180723 Mnno Recap Thread.

Posted by MercenaryXero on 30 September 2008 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Busta, your SNAP has convinced me that they can look really good, with the right modifications. So I plan to drop by Menards this weekend and pick up supplies. Is there anything required that cannot be found there? (I was thinking springs)

#191056 The Snap-r

Posted by MercenaryXero on 20 November 2008 - 11:31 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

The goal of this project was to build a reloading system that was both fast and sturdy. After seeing Rork's teaser thread, I got to work.

Posted Image

The bolt is made from a 14" CPVC barrel with a 1" section of sch 40 1/2" PVC hammered on to the end. I used cut down 3/4" fittings (endcap and plug). The endcap lets 1/2" PVC through and the plug lets CPVC. The Barrel goes through the endcap and the plug, with the PVC anchoring at the back due to the plug having a smaller lip. I used E-tape on the exposed end and put a sheath of sch 20 1/2" PVC. I then reinforced it all with epoxy putty.

The front bushing is a 1"x1/2" reducing bushing with the inside sanded so that the 1/2" PVC moves freely. The rear receiver is half of a 3/4" coupler with E-tape and teflon tape wrapped around it. The SNAP itself is a SNAPbow, in the fact that it uses a +bow spring and a similar plunger head.

Posted Image

The spring is there because it wasn't cocking securely before.

Posted Image

Comparison with a BBB.

Ranges haven't been taken, seeing as its dark outside, but is shoots incredibly fast and hard. (I made a point of increasing the resting spring compression)

Questions? Comments? Flames? I don't get this tradition, if someone's gonna tear into you, they will, regardless of your invitation...

Anyway, don't mind me, enjoy.

#191107 The Snap-r

Posted by MercenaryXero on 21 November 2008 - 03:44 PM in Homemades

Pretty sick! Can't wait for a write-up.

Probably won't do a write-up seeing as its only an addition to any SNAP with a 1.25" outer shell, but If anyone wants to build one, I'd be happy to help.

Mmmm...Pretty. That looks nice. How is the balance?

Balance is fine, as long as you don't try to fire it with one hand. ;)

#200167 Closed

Posted by MercenaryXero on 01 January 2009 - 03:05 AM in Modifications

I think the problem here is that you are trying to make a Firefly have better ranges than 10-15 feet. Shit sucks, unless you replace the firing system.

#181140 Whats Wrong With My Nitefinder

Posted by MercenaryXero on 02 October 2008 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

If the problem is that the plunger rod handle won't slide far enough back to cock, remove a spring. (or get 1 strong one, an ace #49 for example) If it goes all the way back but won't catch, add another catch spring.

#180959 Bbb Mod

Posted by MercenaryXero on 01 October 2008 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

Dude... what.

Requesting thread lock due to massive faggotry.

#188360 What The Heck Broken Stefan Tips

Posted by MercenaryXero on 08 November 2008 - 10:59 PM in Homemades

Cs darts should work too right?

No, the heads rip off the foam.

Yeah, I can't even begin to count the amount of times that happened today. I was at the war with BustaNinja, and we were playing a game on a playground. The stefan's tips are no match for extremely hard metals and plastics which the playground is built out of. It was really funny with the slug darts though because when they broke they almost looked as if they were splitting in half since the washer and felt would go flying in the other direction than the foam.

Yeah, usually my darts only come apart after numerous firings from a high-powered gun at a hard object at close range. But the cold decimated them so as to break them with one shot from a NF.

#183309 Singled Rapid Fire 20?

Posted by MercenaryXero on 12 October 2008 - 04:46 PM in Modifications

The regulated piston mechanism is designed to fire continuously so long as the trigger valve is depressed into the open position. You can control the rate of fire by adjusting the flow rate between the trigger and the piston (the stock rapidfire 20 includes such a feature) but it's not designed for nor is it optimal for single-fire.

You won't see any noticeable gain in performance.

44444 GET right there

And on topic, pretty much all of the flames are what I think, so I'll leave this alone.

#192645 Computer Problems

Posted by MercenaryXero on 29 November 2008 - 12:42 AM in Off Topic

I thnk your computer may have been infected with the "System32" virus. It starts out doing stuff like this, then gets a LOT worse. Just delete the "System32" folder and you should be good.

#192715 Computer Problems

Posted by MercenaryXero on 29 November 2008 - 10:50 AM in Off Topic

I thnk your computer may have been infected with the "System32" virus. It starts out doing stuff like this, then gets a LOT worse. Just delete the "System32" folder and you should be good.

THAT IS NOT FUNNY IN ANY WAY, DO NOT DELETE THE SYSTEM32 FOLDER, IT WRECKS YOUR COMPUTER I updated viruscan TODAY and searched, it found no problems... system32 is a system process that is required for using your computer. This is seriously dangerous to a computer, an Admin has been PMed

lol, internet

Anyway, I'd say you just have some weird thing going on with your email account or internet connection.

#180698 Simple Titan Dtg Integration

Posted by MercenaryXero on 30 September 2008 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

DTG looks a bit crooked. Otherwise, good job. It's always nice to see someone follow up on a concept thread.

#246448 Beaver's Epic St. Paul War....recap

Posted by MercenaryXero on 10 August 2009 - 03:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Wish I could've made it, sounded like fun. Although I would never pass up what I'm doing now. Currently I'm in Quebec city, staying at the Chateau Frontenac. (google that, it looks amazing)

Anyway, I'll be around this weekend, but not next weekend, and hopefully around the weekends after that, in case anyone is planning wars.

#186852 Omfgz!... Nerf Clothes!?!?

Posted by MercenaryXero on 01 November 2008 - 03:50 PM in General Nerf

Fortune
Fashion will roll out incredibly cool, hip and stylish tees for tween
boys this summer with plans to broaden the assortment to include an
array of other items such as hoodies and track pants in a multitude of
colors and styles.

incredibly cool, hip and stylish tees for tween
boys this summer with plans to broaden the assortment to include an
array of other items

hip and stylish tees for tween
boys this summer

tween

RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEE

Man I fucking hate these new words for faggot.

#242704 Mn Pre Sof Wars

Posted by MercenaryXero on 19 July 2009 - 03:01 PM in Nerf Wars

You fuckers had to have an awesome war right when I couldn't be there! Argh I've got to get to an indoor war sometime, I'm so tired of long-range wars.

Off to watch the vid now.

#188379 Gears Of War 2

Posted by MercenaryXero on 09 November 2008 - 12:15 AM in Off Topic

I plan on getting it soon. Loved the first one, although I didn't actually play much. (not much = like 50 hours lol)

#190086 What Should I Do To My Bbb

Posted by MercenaryXero on 16 November 2008 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

Tight barrels are for spring guns, regardless of their size.

#203562 Inferno Pistol

Posted by MercenaryXero on 15 January 2009 - 03:49 PM in Modifications

You could use majhost.com for your non lego images, your brickshelf login info should work there as well.

#179571 Cpvc Barrel System

Posted by MercenaryXero on 25 September 2008 - 04:57 PM in Homemades

Shit, I just had this problem. Thanks for the solution, I think I'll build one.

#197392 Ps3 Advocates

Posted by MercenaryXero on 20 December 2008 - 01:42 AM in Off Topic

I saw someone mention buying a Need for Speed game somewhere up there, DON'T DO IT

Get Burnout Paradise. You cannot fathom how much better it is.

#204782 Late Winter Mnno

Posted by MercenaryXero on 19 January 2009 - 05:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Possible, depending on attendees and weather.

#192798 No Mod-just Frustration. Please Read

Posted by MercenaryXero on 29 November 2008 - 04:35 PM in Modifications

I do believe that I have just wasted my time. People get banned all the time for topic revival here, and it also happens on every other forum I visit. Let the staff do their job and stay quiet.