kickass jb's Content

There have been 140 items by kickass jb (Search limited from 31-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#52636 1/2" Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 16 April 2005 - 03:51 PM in Homemades

I live in Ottawa, Canada, and the ONLY place that I can even find some Foam Backer Rod is at Home Depot. I don't have any Lowe's in my city and Home Hardware has jack all. Problem is, Home Depot only sells 3/8" 5/8" and 7/8" FBR and I have been checking there for the past 4 months with no results. I have alot of 5/8" stefans but they don't fit into my cpvc barrels AND I can't seem to find any 1/2" PVC piping at home depot either. So I'm hoping that someone knows a Canadian store besides home depot (or even the aisle in home depot I should check incase I'm wrong) that sell either 1/2" pvc or 1/2" FBR.

-thanks

#53691 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 09:07 PM in Homemades

Oh, I get you. I was making 5/8" megas. Can't seem to find any 1/2" yet.
But just wondering, do you think or would you know if 3/4 pvc would work for 5/8" megas?

#53553 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 03:46 PM in Homemades

I still find that straightening stefans over a period of time works better than rushing the job, it makes them stay straighter, for longer (in my opinion). Now I've checked around and nobody has posted it so far.

If your good with wood (or know some one who is) take a piece of wood (or scrap wood, doesn't really matter) and just cut a dado groove in it using a table saw that is approx. 5/8". stick the FBR in there, tape it down about every foot (or a line down the whole thing if you dont care about your tape) and let it sit. I find it works better than nailing the ends to a table and is more convenient that hanging them from your ceiling. I made a few identical pieces each about 6ft in length and I insert the FBR, stack the wood pieces and just put them on a table and wait for a few weeks.

#53658 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

CX, how do you fit 10' of fbr into the pvc, won't it get stuck? Or do you cut the pvc in half?

And suave, I've tried the dryer but I find after a week or so, they start to curve again, do yours always stay straight?

#57584 Ahh Where Does It All Go?

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

With CLOSE examination of the pictures.. it seems your right once again CX. Merci beaucoup.

#57579 Ahh Where Does It All Go?

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

I opened up my AT3K and fucked up the internals, can anyone give me detailed pics of the turret/firing mechanism...anything helps. Thanks

#57581 Ahh Where Does It All Go?

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

Using the pictures and a lot of trial and error, I got everything back into place except this following piece. The top white part is just a ring, not to be confused with the disc piece that gets a screw through it that holds the turret together.

Posted Image

#60577 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by kickass jb on 29 July 2005 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

Seems kind of sketchy but might as well give it a shot.

Here's what I have:

RF20 (pegs removed)
Big Salvo (PETG modded)
Rottotrack (CPVC modded)
SSII (CPVC modded)
4x AT2K (1 CPVC modded, 1 shotgun modded, 2 stock)
PC (clip modded)
Rangeshot (CPVC modded)
SS1 (Tri - barreled)
2x NF (1 CPVC modded one stock)
2x Tek 6 (CPVC modded)
3 x AT3K (1 stock, 1 PETG modded, 1 CPVC modded)
SM1500 (CPVC modded)
2x BBB (CPVC breech)
2x Mav (1 stock 1 CPVC modded)
2x SM3000 (stock)
2x EaB ( interchangable CPVC/PVC modded)
Eagle Eye (stock)
2x SSPB (air tank and CPVC modded)

That about does it.

#60694 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by kickass jb on 31 July 2005 - 01:12 AM in General Nerf

Here's a list of everything in my arsenal, all guns are stock:

Airtech 1000 x3
Airtech 2000 x3
Airtech 3000 x2
Airtech 4000 x2
Airtech Ball Blaster x2
ArmorShot x2
Arrow Strike
ArrowStorm x2
Atomizer x2
AutoGrip
Backlash
BallBlaster
Ballzooka x2
Big Bad Bow x2
Blast-A-Ball
Blast-A-Matic
Blast Fire | DX500 x2
Blast Hammer
Bow 'n' Arrow x2
Bungee Blaster
Chainblazer
CommLink II
Coral Viper x2
Crossbow x2
Crossbow (NIB) x2
Cyclotron x2
Dart Tag Blasters
Defender T3
Detonator x2
Double Crossbow x2
Eagle Eye x5
Electric Eel x3
Expand-A-Blast x3
FastBlast x2
Gator x3
Gyro Strike x3
Hidden Shot x2
Hornet AS-6
Hydro Bazooka
Iron Raptor x2
Laser Fang x2
Lightnin' Blitz x2
Lock 'n' Load x2
Mad Hornet x2
Manta Ray
Master Blaster
Maverick REV-6
Missile Launcher
Misslestorm x2
Mono Blast
Motorized Ballzooka | MP150 x3
Motorized Disk Launcher x2
NB-1 Missle Blaster x3
Nite Finder x2
Nite Finder EX-3
NitroQuad
Perceptor
PowerClip x2
Pulsator x3
Quickstrike
Ramrod
Range Shot x3
Rapid Fire 20 x3
Ratchet Blast x3
Rattler x2
Razorbeast (Razorback) x2
Razor Fin x2
Reactor x2
RipChord x2
Ripsaw x2
Rocketstorm
RotoTrack x2
Sawtooth x2
Scout IX-3
Secret Shot x4
Secret Shot II x2
Secret Strike Pocket Blasters x7
Sharpshooter x3
Sharpshooter II x3
Slingshot x2
Slingfire
SneakShot x2
SplitFire
Stinger
Stinging Scarab x3
Strongarm x3
SuperMaxx 250 x2
SuperMaxx 350 x3
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 750 x3
SuperMaxx 750 (New Style) x2
SuperMaxx 1000
SuperMaxx 1500 x2
SuperMaxx 1500 (New Style) x3
SuperMaxx 3000 (Green) x3
SuperMaxx 3000 (New Style) x2
SuperMaxx 3000 (Yellow) x2
SuperMaxx 5000
SuperMaxx Buzzer Air Bazooka
Switchfire (1994 Ed.)
Switchfire (1996 Ed.) x2
Switch Shots Max
Switch Shots Super x2
Switch Shots Ultra x2
Tech Target Blaster x2
Titan AS-V.I
Triple Strike x2
Triple Torch
Venom Shot
Warthog
Whipshot
Whiptail Scorpion
WildFire x3
Wrist Blitzer x2
Zap Snaps

Vortex Fast Fire
Vortex FireStorm x2
Vortex Power Strike
Vortex Spin Sight
Vortex Tornado
Vortex Tornado X/2 x3
Vortex Viper Shot x2

I hate you...udderly.

#57644 At2k Shotgun

Posted by kickass jb on 16 June 2005 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

I replaced the airtank with vinyl tubing, it's a little longer and looks a little wider.

EDIT: It's flat ranges

#57439 At2k Shotgun

Posted by kickass jb on 13 June 2005 - 04:11 PM in Modifications

Which type of tubing did you use? Vinyl?

For that matter, need to make a nerf gun for a math project, yea you heard me, MATH. I am using the AT2K since I have three but I am tearing it up to make it look a lot like yours, except with a handle to have like a one hand hold and a handle like Pinney did on the pump. Very short time span to do this so I was wondering what would be a good replacement for the air tank tubing wise, and what size should I be looking for and where can I get it? I'm assuming its vinyl tubing but I don't know where to look for it or what size I need?

Also, for the barrel, I'll probably be using either CPVC or Copper. Would 12" be too much for those? my CPVC is on my quad AT2K and the bullets go in fairly tight and I have 6" on that, copper is very loose (slide down the barrel loose) so I don't know if I should use it. If so, what would be a good length for copper?

#57582 At2k Shotgun

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

Inspired by this idea, I copied it almost exactly except I stuck a CPVC coupler on the end of the valve/barrel and then I glue/taped PEX pipe onto the coupler the act as a guide so now I have removable CPVC barrel. I also added a pump handle for comfort and and handle on the trigger area for comfort and one hand shooting.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57640 At2k Shotgun

Posted by kickass jb on 16 June 2005 - 02:51 PM in Modifications

I range tested it and it got a lot more than I expected. I shot three times and the ranges are as follows

128'
109'
124'

mean = 118'

My gun even with the goop still gives a minor air leak that I'm going to fix shortly but thats with those ranges. I already have two friends offering me 40$ a piece. Getting to friends into it plus and getting some $$ at the same time. Talk about a good day.

#57654 At2k Shotgun

Posted by kickass jb on 16 June 2005 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

I assume your questioning my results ninja? That is what I measured, mind you my tank is bigger than the stock one (as you can see) and it's a wider too as aforementioned (which you can't see that well). I also have a longer barrel to take advantage of the larger air tank. Those are my ranges, if you don't believe me, try it yourself or just read some other thread.

P.S. people make claims of getting 100' flat with a single AT2K, how is it that hard to believe getting 118' flat with an AT2K with a tank replacement and barrel lengthening?

#55696 At3k

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

I am doing cx's petg mod on it soon once I get the PETG and that little middle pieve in the center of the turret seems to be missing (?). I am planning on putting this little wooden dowel that I have in it's place thats about the weight of balsa wood but more rigid. I was hoping be able to attach the pieces of stock barrel (the stabilizers for the PETG) on that. My question is, when attaching the wood to the plastic (for both stabilizers and base) should I use plumbers goop or epoxy?

#53991 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

So to close this thread off, maybe you can tell me if this set up is good. I'll take the 17/32 and make it come out about 2" of coupler which will go inside 6" of 9/16 which will be epoxied inside 10" of 19/32 (all brass) which will finally be epoxied inside 10" of 1/2 pvc. Took the idea of CX's post but changed it so that the 17/32 is fixed into the barrel and I'm attaching the rest of the nested barrel to it...good idea or no?

#53485 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 25 April 2005 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

Hey I've read some mods on the BBB here and it's about the only place where I can find one, but does anyone have a mod that has pictures to go with it? I have two to mod and they aren't mind so I don't want to ruin the guns. Thanks

#53501 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 25 April 2005 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

Can't find the link to it. It just gives me a link to nerf HQ where theres nothing.

#53784 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 29 April 2005 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

Seems easy enough. Two quick questions about it though. One, how long of a 17/32 pipe should I put in? Two, will a 1/2" pvc coupler fit over the pipe?

#53947 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

I know that part, but should the brass pipe (that I stick into the barrel) be flush with the barrel? Or does it stick through the coupler so that I load the micro in there and then stick the pvc/brass barrel on top of that?

#54258 Breech Load With Brass?

Posted by kickass jb on 05 May 2005 - 08:51 PM in Homemades

Hey, I am in the process of coming up with a prototype of a dual shot shot gun (spring). My original idea was to have the barrels on hinges and kind of pop down like the old spread shots from the cowboy days. Due to the fact that I want a cocking system like a modern day pump shotgun (over the barrels) I don't think I can make a hinge system, so I'm resorting to a breech load for the two barrels. I like Cx's method of brass barrels with spring guns (17/32 in 9/16 in 19/32 in half inch pvc) so I was wondering if it would be possible and effective to have a breech loader with that barrel. If so how would it work? Same as others?

#56817 Buxx Bee Toys

Posted by kickass jb on 06 June 2005 - 09:12 PM in General Nerf

I bought two tek-6's at walmart, anyone know if they are any good? Also, are the tek-10's any better

#55782 CPVC Or PETG

Posted by kickass jb on 27 May 2005 - 04:32 PM in General Nerf

I myself am undecided because I don't know if one out performs the other if the are the same. Specifically, I'm looking for what to use on a SM1500, NF and Rototrack chain mod. I know brass would be better for some but I cannot acquire any.

#53706 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 06:35 AM in Modifications

Okay, thanks. It can settle for now since I'm hoping to change my stefan ammo horde to 1/2" anyways, now I won't have to remod all my guns, **phew**.

#53688 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

I find that when I put my darts into PVC barrel and I shove it in all the way, It doesn't go very far. When I put it in the end of barrel it fires farther. Am I doing something wrong or do other people have this too?

#53704 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 06:00 AM in Modifications

My bad. They are mega stefans. All 1/2" PVC mods and the barrels are anywhere between 6" (secret shot) to 11" (EaB). On some darts there isn't alot of friction so I can push them all the way to the back but when I fire, the dart just plops out.

#54304 Designing Program?

Posted by kickass jb on 06 May 2005 - 10:21 PM in Homemades

Aside from paint, does anyone know of a GOOD freeware program that can help me design 3d and/or animated 2d models? I've searched all over the net but everything is either way to complex or doesn't have enough.

#58184 Diferent Kinds Of Blowguns

Posted by kickass jb on 25 June 2005 - 12:41 PM in Homemades

I think it's fiddling. The whole shell thing in a blow gun is unique, I have to admit. The first one is kind of silly, but I like the second one. I am not sure of how actually practical it would be, since you would have to deal with the different pieces.

On a totally unrelated note, I found some non n-strike nite finders at a toys backwards r us today. Rad.

Sorry to be off topic but when you say non N-strike, you mean the OLD ones? wit the good spring?

#54712 Does Amazon Ship To Canada?

Posted by kickass jb on 12 May 2005 - 04:12 PM in General Nerf

Anybody know if Amazon.com ships to Canada? It says U.S. protectorates but I have no idea what that means.

#54718 Does Amazon Ship To Canada?

Posted by kickass jb on 12 May 2005 - 04:38 PM in General Nerf

AGHHH, I just tried to do it all and right in the end it says it can't ship these guns to Canada. Anyone know any sites selling an RF20 and NF (mainly RF20) besides ebay that ships to Canada?

#55895 Eab Mod

Posted by kickass jb on 28 May 2005 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

Ranges are without banding or spring replacement (so very minimal for its potential)

Micro: 50ft avg
Mega: 42ft avg

Shot six darts with each, and took the mean average.

p.s. I should be getting a spring for it in a week or two so I will update then as well if someone with a spring replacement hasn't already.

#55837 Eab Mod

Posted by kickass jb on 28 May 2005 - 10:01 AM in Modifications

This is a little something I tried out and it works. This mod will let you shoot both micro stefans and mega stefans from it. First off, follow Yakman's mod and take a piece of 1/2" pvc and glue it/tape it to the o-ring piece of the stock barrel. then put a coupler on the end that would be coming out of the gun and make it so that it stops JUST at the point where the larger stock barrel stops, and glue it in center. So now what I did is I cut two 5" pieces of 1/2" pvc and shoved 5" of cpvc down one of them. So now whenever I want to fire megas, I just stick the mega barrel (pvc) in the coupler and go, and when I want to fire micro stefans I just put the micro barrel (cpvc) in the barrel and go. Have fun.

If you need pictures let me know and I should be able to get them up in a couple of days.

#53970 Energy Paintball Gun Mod?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

I'm sure atleast SOME of you have seen/acquired one of those Energy Paintball guns that were in for a while. I was wondering if anyone had successfully modded one with good results?

#54025 Energy Paintball Gun Mod?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 May 2005 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

Nonono Viper. Energy paintball were those little guns that you pump like a shotgun and it shoots a little blob of washable..."goo". I opened it up and the plunger and plunger tube are very unique (and small) but got good ranges with the goo.

#55694 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 04:24 PM in Homemades

Depending on your bandwith, it'd probably be cheaper to just upload it as a torrent.

#55571 Good Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 24 May 2005 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Wheres that mod that gives it a bigger air tank? Is it on here or NHQ? I searched for it but didn't come up with any results.

#58313 Help Me Win A Skateboard

Posted by kickass jb on 27 June 2005 - 12:03 AM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Haha, nicely done.

#54571 Hi Long Time No See Guys! I'm Back! ^^

Posted by kickass jb on 10 May 2005 - 08:25 PM in General Nerf

How did you mod the charger 600 (orange and beige), did you just cut of the restrictor and stick brass on?

#54557 Hi Long Time No See Guys! I'm Back! ^^

Posted by kickass jb on 10 May 2005 - 07:25 PM in General Nerf

Wow for that orange and beige pump it charge it water gun you have, I'd be interested in the stats/mod because I have one just sitting in my shed.

#53735 How Do I Post Pics In Threads?

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

Wow, I'm a fucking retard...My apologies.