kickass jb's Content

There have been 140 items by kickass jb (Search limited from 12-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#54928 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

Thanks, made that easy enough. When I tested it before and after, there wasn't much difference in range. Did I do something wrong or is there a reasonable explanation for this?

#53784 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 29 April 2005 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

Seems easy enough. Two quick questions about it though. One, how long of a 17/32 pipe should I put in? Two, will a 1/2" pvc coupler fit over the pipe?

#53947 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

I know that part, but should the brass pipe (that I stick into the barrel) be flush with the barrel? Or does it stick through the coupler so that I load the micro in there and then stick the pvc/brass barrel on top of that?

#53991 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

So to close this thread off, maybe you can tell me if this set up is good. I'll take the 17/32 and make it come out about 2" of coupler which will go inside 6" of 9/16 which will be epoxied inside 10" of 19/32 (all brass) which will finally be epoxied inside 10" of 1/2 pvc. Took the idea of CX's post but changed it so that the 17/32 is fixed into the barrel and I'm attaching the rest of the nested barrel to it...good idea or no?

#54935 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 01:36 PM in Modifications

Lord, when you say the punch the entire x-thing out, did you mean just the whole x shape, or like so all that was left is just the outer ring?

#54925 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

Now I checked the mod on here but it didnt show much about the air restrictors. I have the new ex-3 (don't know if they are any different) but I cut off the peg in the barrel and am wondering do I take out the air restrictors on both piece (the one with peg and the one connecting that piece to barrel)? because I don't want my darts falling into the plunger tube.

#55646 Newbie To Nerfing

Posted by kickass jb on 25 May 2005 - 10:04 PM in General Nerf

Off topic I know, but talio why not single barrel an AT2K if your using micros? too much velocity? I have 2 unmodded and one quad and I was thinking of singling one with CPVC, or would it turn out too powerful?

#71678 Possible Nerf Grenade

Posted by kickass jb on 25 January 2006 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

Plus, it looks like the inner PVC tube is isolating the CO2 from the stefans?

#54938 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 01:54 PM in Modifications

Lord, when you say the punch the entire x-thing out, did you mean just the whole x shape, or like so all that was left is just the outer ring?

I think he means he made it so all is left is the outer ring, but don't do that because then the plunger has nothing to stop on, and it could lead to the death of your gun over time.

Edit: He beat me to it.

But if I did leave just the outer ring, when the plunger moves forward wouldn't it hit the ring, giving it something to stop on?

#54950 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

So in other words, remove that middle connecting piece altogether? Because when I tried to do that, the two pieces have the same diameter do did you just glue/tape it together?

#53995 Where To Buy Brass Piping?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

Yea I know, I've been shown up by that too many times and I did use it this time. I live in Canada though so that site is no good to me except for the online store, which is no good to me.

#54024 Where To Buy Brass Piping?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 May 2005 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

I live in Ottawa, but my brother just got a job at home depot so I'll see what he can do for me before I buy it from some one else (no offence, just would be cheaper).

With regards to MMNO 3, I highly doubt I'll be able to make it out because I can't drive yet and the parents won't drive me four hours to play a nerf war. Maybe in a few years if this is all still going on I'll be lucky enough.

#53409 Stefan Write Up?

Posted by kickass jb on 24 April 2005 - 09:05 PM in Homemades

Hey, since NO went down I can't seem to find a write up on stefans as good as they had, I looked on here but couldnt find anything. Does anyone know good site that gives intructions with possible pics/drawings of it? I'm looking for a process that would involve the drill press and such.

-thanks

#54412 Need A Good Combo

Posted by kickass jb on 08 May 2005 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

yea its the secret shot 1, cept I cant triple mod it since I lost the tubing,,,unless someone can tell me a good substitute?

#54500 Need A Good Combo

Posted by kickass jb on 09 May 2005 - 05:00 PM in General Nerf

does anyone know of a way to make a homemade belt for the rototrack?

You probably could with 1/2 in. pvc. If you but rubber washers on the end and connected the pvc with duct tape.I'm going to try to build one for my rototrack.

No good, I tried and the PVC is too thick.. I was thing maybe PETG wrapped in electrical/duct tape, then connected via duct tape. I dunt have any PETG but it's an idea for someone who does.

#54494 Need A Good Combo

Posted by kickass jb on 09 May 2005 - 03:27 PM in General Nerf

I don't think I should make a new thread on it because I've made enough this week already ( I know it's only monday) but does anyone know of a way to make a homemade belt for the rototrack?

#54409 Need A Good Combo

Posted by kickass jb on 08 May 2005 - 02:50 PM in General Nerf

Now I don't know about everyone on this board, but when I play inside or out, I HATE just sitting there and losing people, it bores the hell out of me. I'm the rusher/ambush type, even when it's not to my advantage and gets me killed (doh!). I was hoping you guys could help me out with a good combo to use. I currently have a rototrack, 2 EaB, 2 BBB, SS1 and SSII. I am hoping to expand my arsenal regardless, but I was hoping I could get a good combo with what I have/the best with what I don't. I KNOW there is no "best gun" but I'm just saying based on characteristics of the guns ( like a PC because it's rapid fire for eg). I was thinking for what I have: the Rototack for rushing, the SSII so that safety shot or two, and the BBB carbine (all the sites and front handle taken off) in a long leg holster just incase I ever need that long shot.

#53990 Where To Buy Brass Piping?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

Aside from online, where can one buy brass piping? I checked home depot plumbing section but I was looking in the wrong section? Any information on where to buy some would be great.

#53992 Stefan Write Up?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 09:12 PM in Homemades

Here is a writeup on my variant of the stefan. It is supposed not to hurt as much if you shoot someone. Thus the name of Safety Stefan! Ok, you can either make a stefan as usual and as the hot glue is drying, put a small wafer of FBR on it. OR, you could just get the ideal length of the FBR: cut: and make a hole in the back of it so it works in modern Nerf guns. Either way, you get the Safety Stefan! The final thing should look like this using the 2nd method.

Safety Stefan Pic method no 2

Yea, I used the piece of FBR on the tip as well but a few wars down the road I found that the ranges were decreased slightly and that well people didn't always feel it. It was in fact, too safe. So we went back to the old way and wore eye protection. Also the original way helps if you a cheater or newcomer that claims not to have gotten hit, just check for the bruises/welts. :ph34r:

#59691 Mystery Gun!

Posted by kickass jb on 19 July 2005 - 07:56 PM in General Nerf

Its the pistol from the Defender T3

#53970 Energy Paintball Gun Mod?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

I'm sure atleast SOME of you have seen/acquired one of those Energy Paintball guns that were in for a while. I was wondering if anyone had successfully modded one with good results?

#54025 Energy Paintball Gun Mod?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 May 2005 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

Nonono Viper. Energy paintball were those little guns that you pump like a shotgun and it shoots a little blob of washable..."goo". I opened it up and the plunger and plunger tube are very unique (and small) but got good ranges with the goo.

#54847 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 14 May 2005 - 08:49 AM in Modifications

Yeah your right I don't really have the time (or understanding) to set up a test like that. I read it and understood how the ratio's and all the forces and volumes and such but I didn't really get how that was supposed to help me pick my barrel. Like looking at all the barrels I could be using, which parameters should be met for the ideal barrel? i.e. dart leaves barrel once plunger is done or what not. Hopefully with the parameters I need in my head I should be able to get the rest done by myself.

#54834 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

So in other words, for my spring pistol I'm looking for any giving barrel that I will have to use a ramrod to get the bullets in but not so tight that they will get stuck?

#54961 Straighting Stefans

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

Yea I believe it was CX who told me his way and I've used it ever since. I just bought about 100' of 1/2" PVC and shoved the 1/2" FBR in there and toss it up in the rafters of my shed. The PVC is tight enough to straighten them but not tight enough to get it stuck. So after making my original amount of darts, I just take down 10' at a time as I need it. Out of all the methods I've tried (hair dryer, dryer, my hands, cold water, nailing them tight, hanging them with weights, and PVC) PVC has worked the best all around.

#54821 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

I have bought these two non-nerf pistols from walmart that shoot sits darts sort of a revolving system like the ATs. It's a plunger gun with about the same plunger size of NF. I was wondering which type of barrel would be the best to shoot micro stefans. PETG, brass, PVC or crayola?. I read up on CX's article but it didnt give me much on micro stefan shooting pistols.

#53569 My Nerf Reality

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

Good job man..Told me some things I knew and didn't as well. Have fun.

#54828 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Good point. But I was thinking about the whole case of spring guns and air volume and friction, the technical mumbo jumbo. I ALWAYS test fit my darts first but I was hoping for an answer based on the science (if you want to call it that), behind the barrel choice.

#53553 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 03:46 PM in Homemades

I still find that straightening stefans over a period of time works better than rushing the job, it makes them stay straighter, for longer (in my opinion). Now I've checked around and nobody has posted it so far.

If your good with wood (or know some one who is) take a piece of wood (or scrap wood, doesn't really matter) and just cut a dado groove in it using a table saw that is approx. 5/8". stick the FBR in there, tape it down about every foot (or a line down the whole thing if you dont care about your tape) and let it sit. I find it works better than nailing the ends to a table and is more convenient that hanging them from your ceiling. I made a few identical pieces each about 6ft in length and I insert the FBR, stack the wood pieces and just put them on a table and wait for a few weeks.

#56188 Single-barrel At3k

Posted by kickass jb on 31 May 2005 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

Why didn't you just save your money, buy a AT2K and single that then wait for when you can get PETG? That's what I did. Oh well, everyone has their own ideas and opinions. I won't be doing your mod but I'm interested for when your pics are up.

#53688 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

I find that when I put my darts into PVC barrel and I shove it in all the way, It doesn't go very far. When I put it in the end of barrel it fires farther. Am I doing something wrong or do other people have this too?

#53704 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 06:00 AM in Modifications

My bad. They are mega stefans. All 1/2" PVC mods and the barrels are anywhere between 6" (secret shot) to 11" (EaB). On some darts there isn't alot of friction so I can push them all the way to the back but when I fire, the dart just plops out.

#53691 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 09:07 PM in Homemades

Oh, I get you. I was making 5/8" megas. Can't seem to find any 1/2" yet.
But just wondering, do you think or would you know if 3/4 pvc would work for 5/8" megas?

#53706 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 06:35 AM in Modifications

Okay, thanks. It can settle for now since I'm hoping to change my stefan ammo horde to 1/2" anyways, now I won't have to remod all my guns, **phew**.

#53658 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

CX, how do you fit 10' of fbr into the pvc, won't it get stuck? Or do you cut the pvc in half?

And suave, I've tried the dryer but I find after a week or so, they start to curve again, do yours always stay straight?

#58843 When I Pump, Air Comes Out Of The Barrel.

Posted by kickass jb on 07 July 2005 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Yea I had those problems on both my AT3K's in the twinpack. I didn't mod them or anything. First time I tried them out out of the box they both skipped and air leaked.

#55782 CPVC Or PETG

Posted by kickass jb on 27 May 2005 - 04:32 PM in General Nerf

I myself am undecided because I don't know if one out performs the other if the are the same. Specifically, I'm looking for what to use on a SM1500, NF and Rototrack chain mod. I know brass would be better for some but I cannot acquire any.

#55571 Good Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 24 May 2005 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Wheres that mod that gives it a bigger air tank? Is it on here or NHQ? I searched for it but didn't come up with any results.

#53555 Know What This Gun Is?

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 04:17 PM in General Nerf

Reading up on this site and how an article claimed that nerf guns can commonly be found at thrift stores, and, having a thrift store of about a 2 minute walk from my house, I decided to give it a shot. I found and purchased this pistol for 49 cents Canadian (hence why I bought it) and have no clue what it is, hoping you guys can help me.

Its mostly blue with a neon orange barrel, the barrel is on the top and is has this thing curving from the bottom of the barrel so that you can adjust the angle of it. It has two ammo holders on the left side and the cocking mechanism is black and on the front, it somewhat resembles a cheap fake site. I would post a picture of it but I don't have a site to post it on and don't know how (if you even can) to post it on here...

#53561 Know What This Gun Is?

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

Yes your right, it is a range shot (checked on google and found a picture)...Anyone know if it's any good?