Photo

Possible Nerf Grenade

Something I've just been thinking about.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Shivon

Shivon

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:56 PM

Well, I haven't been here in a while and while I was here I was pretty much useless and just caused uproar and got in an argument with an admin on my first post. Well I am hoping to be of some use now. For about a week now Iíve been trying to come up with a Nerf grenade idea. If for no other reason than to have one. And I basically came up with a basic look for it. Though the picture below is a sideways view of half of one basically, itís still in the process of "idea" so idea or comments o this would be wonderful.
Grenade
I hope some one finds this at least intrigueing.
Insanity is only one persons perception of another persons reality

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:05 PM

Its an okay idea because of a couple of flaws

- I go paintballing a lot and co2 is very dangerous stuff and there isn't a way pvc will stop it from exploding but I bet you could find a way to make it safe
- This is more of like a claymore type thing because the ground must activate the trigger. Are you planning to throw this thing??
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

No, this is a safe idea. The PVC is not ousing the pressure of the CO2, but rather just holding the canister. The trigger pierces the CO2 canister's seal, thus the CO2 gas escapes and launches the stefans out of the system. It is safe because of how quickly the gas escapes.
I like the concept. I designed a similar one but it was using a valve trigger.

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#4 Shivon

Shivon

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, I was also concidering making it a charge-able pressure chamber, as in compress the air with like a bike pump, through the seal on top and then lob it or something.

#5 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

Yes it's sometimes safe I'll agree.. but when the trigger is held down for a while it isn't safe

Do you plan to throw this?
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#6 Shivon

Shivon

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

Oh, yeah I would probably be throwing it, so I'd do a lot of weight tests maybe put some small fins to keep the thing stable in the air.

#7 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:23 PM

It would be pretty unreliable as a thrown grenade, because there is only one place for the grenade to be set off. You would have to be quite good at getting it to land on its ass for it to go off.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#8 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:30 PM

Plus, it looks like the inner PVC tube is isolating the CO2 from the stefans?
My arsenal:

RF20, Rototrack, 3x AT3K, 4x AT2K,Big Salvo,SS1,SSII,
2x SSPB,SM 1500,Rangshot,2x EaB,2x Mav,2x NF,
eagle eye,2x BBB,2x SM3000, 2x Tek 6, PC

#9 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:18 PM

If you really what a granade that shoots things farther than 10 feet i have a tested working idea but it does have some draw backs. Just take a regular soda bottel put in 40, small homemade darts with one bb in them. Than you put 6 alka-seltzer tablets in it and fill it a forth of the way up with water. let the pressure build then throw it at the ground near your target. This will get your target wet so be carefull. I dont really like the idea of granades in nerf but im just giveing you guys an idea

Edited by ogopogo, 25 January 2006 - 10:13 PM.

#10 Shivon

Shivon

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:49 PM

Nah, the trigger is hollow, it's just hard to show that using paint. I know it would be hard to get it to fire properly, but like I said this grenade is still in the "idea" category.

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:26 AM

I love the idea and might actually be working on this. The biggest problem is making sure the thing lands on the trigger. To do this it would need to be weighted well. Good concept. I am assuming the grey squares are stefans. Might be a good idea to make it so there is tubing there instead so they got something to direct them to fly in an upward angle. If they were to fly in an upward angle like a mortar it would increase range and make it seem like some kind of war flower blooming when seen from a sky view. I really like the idea and now my brain says thank you but my wallet says "God damn, he's gone crazy again."
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users