jumico's Content

There have been 17 items by jumico (Search limited from 11-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#286092 Nite Finder Air Restricter Confusion

Posted by jumico on 26 September 2010 - 02:35 PM in Modifications

It's not rocket silence to get a barrel on there, but from my experience, the best way is you take the entire ring out of the middle so all you're left with is the outside ring. Then put your barrel all the way into it so its flush with the bottom and fill the gap between the barrel and the ring with whatever glue you'd like.

Thanks! I hadn't thought of this before but it makes a lot of sense. If the barrel is all the way in the ring it seems like it will hold together much better with glue.

#286008 Nite Finder Air Restricter Confusion

Posted by jumico on 24 September 2010 - 09:30 PM in Modifications

Thanks to both of you for the help. I think I will experiment. I might try sanding down the cpvc so it can snap on like you suggested. I also might try filling the holes.

It seems weird that with the standard unmodified way the air must go through the three outside holes before going to the dart.

#285983 Nite Finder Air Restricter Confusion

Posted by jumico on 24 September 2010 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

I did a search and everyone does this differently so I'm slightly confused.

For the top piece in the image below I've seen people leave it in, drill out the middle, or drill out the whole thing. Leaving it in completely seems wrong to me. I'm basically adding a barrel like in the website below but it seems like the air restricter would block most of the air.

It seems like it would be a good idea to drill a whole through the middle and seal the holes around the edges but I haven't seen this done. Just curious why it would ever be left in completely and if it is a good idea to just drill out the whole thing? Thanks for the help.

mod http://tman89544.tripod.com/id53.html
Posted Image

#229443 Anything Better Than Nite Finder?

Posted by jumico on 10 May 2009 - 06:41 PM in General Nerf

You can go over the developments in nerf in the Nerf Wiki. You can find an evaluation of every blaster and most information you want.

Thanks. Thats really helpful.

The disk shot is pretty much the same as the nitefinder internals and exterior wise.

Thank you

Some decent primaries that you can get your hands on nowadays are air tech 2000's, longshots (If modded right they can be competitive), outdoor sportsman pump shotguns, buzzbee big blasts, and big bad bows.

Thank you. Its disappointing that air techs got discontinued. But I would like to try those shotguns. I think at first glance I dismissed them as bad guns.

Big Blast are about $9, give superb ranges, and make great primaries.

Thanks

"What is best" threads are not permitted here. Making decisions for you is not the purpose of this forum.

I didn't ask what was the best or for someone to tell me what gun to get. I asked if there were other guns similar to the nite finder and I also asked other questions about the gun.

#229409 Anything Better Than Nite Finder?

Posted by jumico on 10 May 2009 - 04:40 PM in General Nerf

I haven't paid attention to nerf much lately. For a cheap gun that is easy to mod and gets good range it seems like there is the nite finder. Are there any others? I think I heard something about the later nite finders not being as good as the original? Is that true?

Also wasn't the nite finder originally released in 2003? That seems a long time for one sidearm to not have any real updates. I'm just hopeful for something new I guess.

#57705 At2k Mod Help

Posted by jumico on 17 June 2005 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

My fishing weights are BB split shots. Aren't these a lot smaller than 3/0? Also can I have a definition for a coupler? I think I know what it is but Its kind of fuzzy.

#57678 At2k Mod Help

Posted by jumico on 17 June 2005 - 01:11 PM in Modifications

I sawed off the orange barrels but two had the inside diameter cut out more than the other two so I'll just do a single. Does the pvc on the outside of the crayola barrel add range or just accuracy. If I was not to have a two piece barrel and just a one piece what would be a good length for it. also my stock darts keep getting slits in the sides with like three pumps. Should I only use stefans. How do I make the tips softer. Is there something besides hot glue. sorry for the long post.

#57603 At2k Mod Help

Posted by jumico on 16 June 2005 - 01:26 AM in Modifications

Here it is. Tell me what you thik of the at2k mod. http://www.nerfnarf.tk/

#57602 At2k Mod Help

Posted by jumico on 16 June 2005 - 12:14 AM in Modifications

Ok I just bought two of these at target for only 10 dolares and now I cant find the mod I wanted to do. It was at a nerf website where it ended with .tk instead of something like .com. It was for a single barrel can anybody help. Also I hear A leak do i use plumers goop. Can I take out the liquid in the gauge thing. Sorry if these have been answered.

#43466 Where To Buy

Posted by jumico on 06 December 2004 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

On ebay just be smart. Ask the seller questions if needed. Check the sellers feedback and if there are some negative see what they are. Most people have around 100% positive. See if they sell alot of things. Read all of the desciption of the item and the fine print if there is any. Also make sure it shows a shipping price if it doesn't you should find out. Just keep checking nerf forums and you might find someone selling what you want.

#43314 Nitefinder Feng Shui

Posted by jumico on 04 December 2004 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

It sounds interesting but you have to remember these guns are aimed at children. They don't aim to make it look good to adults. For kids, it will look fine but they still could have did a better job. Those screws on the opposite side you mentioned are really stupid. Sounds like it looks good. I would like to see a pictue if you get a camera.

#43291 Nite Finder Barrel

Posted by jumico on 04 December 2004 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

I wanted to use a pic but my cameras broken. Unfortunately I dont have a dremel but I do have a knife. I figured a way out and it works.

#43281 Nite Finder Barrel

Posted by jumico on 03 December 2004 - 09:00 PM in Modifications

I got some pvc sch 80 and I'm not sure how to make it fit. It's too thick. It wont fit up to where I have to glue it on. How should I go about cutting? Should I just take off the grey piece that gives barrel support? What about the first spot I have to clear right where the barrel starts? Can I glue it to the existing barrel if I cut it at the first ridge? Tell me if I'm not clear.

#43097 Nite Finder Barrel

Posted by jumico on 01 December 2004 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

Do hardware stores carry springs. If I take mine and ask for a similar one will they have it.

#42949 Nite Finder Barrel

Posted by jumico on 30 November 2004 - 12:53 AM in Modifications

Well for airflow I already went to far on the modding. I took out all the airflow restrictions. So all thats left are rings. It wasn't supposed to go that far but it did. I was concerned but for me it seems to work just fine. I made my first stefans but they were too heavy with the fishing weight. I'm going to try regular bbs. I'm going to buy a stronger spring and start my barrel. I'm not sure what to use for the barrel because the hardware store I checked didn't have brass or cpvc. It's ok I have some more to check. I'd use petg but I don't want to buy 7 feet online. If I can't find anything I'll make a marker barrel. Thanks for the help.

#42751 Nite Finder Barrel

Posted by jumico on 28 November 2004 - 02:24 AM in Modifications

Ok I thought it made more of a difference. Thanks.

#42747 Nite Finder Barrel

Posted by jumico on 28 November 2004 - 01:53 AM in Modifications

Hi I know theres an article but I have a question. What is the best material to use for a 2 inch stefan with a bb fishing weight? Is petg the best? What do you guys think about cpvc, pvc, or brass? Is 4 inches a good length? I just want the most range so I need a good barrel. Is that a good stefan or is the weight to heavy? I searched but couldn't find good answers. I know there are a lot of nite finder mod topics but please help.