NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 30-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#275312 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 May 2010 - 02:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Sublimedom777, flamincows and I are definites as of now. A few more might join us but that's not for sure yet.

#279377 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 July 2010 - 06:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Princexbuster is coming in the same group as me so he can be added to the definites list.

#282507 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 August 2010 - 12:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I had an awesome time. Big thanks to everyone that was involved in running it and everyone else that showed up. I was doing kinda bad most of the day but it was still really fun. Hopefully the Sex Dwarves will return again next year.

#123440 Fall Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 September 2007 - 07:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Looks like I'm out. All of October and probably November are a no-go for me.

Oh well, maybe I could get to another winter war.

#123321 Fall Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 September 2007 - 03:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't do 6/7.

Later in October would probably be better for me since I have to march at football games every Friday night and that will probably last through early October.

#100764 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 March 2007 - 11:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Definite:

-Dave/THIRST
-Dean/Crank
-Hersh/OMC
-Ted/Dark Shrimp
-Eric/RAMBO
-MysticNinja
-Steve/CaptainSlug
-Jordan/Groove (+2 or 3)
-Jon/ThatWasRandom
-Wldworld (+2-5)
-Tyler/Kuhlschrank
-Myself

Maybe:

-Paul/Shindig
-Rags
-BK
-Substance Abuse (in need of a ride)
-Warlock
-Jeff/Veggie
-Badger

Bitch:

-Matt/Evil

---

Anyone not on this list is DEFINITELY NOT COMING.

---

Sorry if I'm forgetting anyone here, I only looked back at the posts made after the final date was determined. Looks like a good turnout.

DCNO in three two weeks eleven nine eight five two days tomorrow, w00t!

#101108 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 March 2007 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

YOU CAN GO TO JOLLY PIRATE DONUTS AND TAKE A TWO HOUR SHIT FOR ALL I CARE!

Updated the list. It still looks like a decent turnout. See you all there.

#99690 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 February 2007 - 07:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I just want to remind everyone that Nerfmonkey, Evil, and me all waited for you guys to come back. Well over an hour. Then you guys argued for another 10 minutes about the shortage of money when you got back. All I wanted to do was nerf, but no I never get what I want!

Yeah, you dirty bitches cost us well over an hour of Nerf. Bernie lost one of my balls and then I had to sit on my ass and wait.

But it's all good, I'm coming. I'll see you all there.

Oh, and I'll probably be bringing 90% shit-tacular guns, but don't think that means I won't still diddle.

#99555 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 February 2007 - 01:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I have nothing going on the weekend of the 24th that I know of.

I have bronchitis and if it takes a long time to get over it I'd prefer a later date. As long as we can decide on something soon and get it finalized I'm happy.

#99375 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 06 February 2007 - 12:13 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm probably good for the 10th. It also won't interfere with my brother going back to school, which is nice.

I think I can make that date.

#101213 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 March 2007 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Schweet.

Only five more days. And four until I leave. Prepare to get blasted by my Fag Cannon.

EDIT: Wldworld told me he's bringing 2-5 people. Hope we don't have to move from the Gauntlet. This is a minimum of like 15 people.

#101387 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 March 2007 - 11:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I did okay. I sucked during the first quarter of the day, then I got better.

I got Hersh out singlehandedly one round. I'm proud.

Steve was awesome.

Eric, thanks for bringing drinks.

THAT'S JUST TIT DIRT!

#101466 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 March 2007 - 02:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Wldworld? I spoke to him a few days ago. As we already knew he had some kind of practice, didn't get home until 12 and it was raining where he lives. So he assumed we would only keep going for another hour and that we would be having shitty weather at the war site, so he said fuck it and stayed home.

So...when's the next one? :)

#101411 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 March 2007 - 05:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Make sure you reinforce the hell out of the triggers because as you remember (Hersh) mine fucking ripped in half in one of the last rounds of the day.

Very nice video. Good war. Worth the trip and worth the soreness.

Thanks for the PETG, Hornet and NF knockoff Hersh and Ted. And thanks to Steve for reassembling the Longshot in about two minutes.

#99185 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 February 2007 - 11:14 AM in Nerf Wars

The 17th is just as good as any other day for me also. I've got a really good chance of going this time. Still haven't missed one yet, keep your fingers crossed.

I might be bringing a friend too.

Don't get lost this time Paul. :)

#101329 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 22 March 2007 - 10:39 PM in Nerf Wars

34 hours and 21 minutes until DCNO!

If anyone needs eye protection I've got extra. I'm bringing around 5 pairs of safety glasses.

And sorry to hear you can't make it badger. I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next time.

#101285 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 March 2007 - 09:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

On that note, I've got about 150 more Stefans to make and am running on empty. I guess it's coffee time.

Two more days!

#99297 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 February 2007 - 10:42 PM in Nerf Wars

All right, I'll be there for sure. I'll be bringing a shitload of extra guns too so if anyone (Eric?) needs a couple to use it's no problem.

17th it is?

#99082 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 February 2007 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Saturdays>Sundays

I don't know which specific days would work better, I'll discuss it with my people and let you know as soon as possible.

#197757 Winter Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 December 2008 - 02:35 PM in Nerf Wars

There's another war coming up in March?

I regret missing this one so I'll try to make it if there is another one coming up.

#148357 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 31 March 2008 - 04:09 PM in General Nerf

My first nerf gun was an original Nitefinder.I was about 6 or 7 when I got it. That's when I got into modding.

So you're 11 or 12 now? You're either full of shit or way too young to be registered here.

#76535 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 March 2006 - 05:52 PM in General Nerf

Actually, I'd say Ryan's arsenal is worth about $1450. That may be a bit much; being realistic, if you were to sell all those guns separately I'd expect to get about $1350-1400, depending on who you sell to of course.

My arsenal is small as of now, my most often used guns include:

CPVC couplered Splitfire, 65-80' flat range
Maxshot, PVC couplered, 80-90' flat range with 8-10" nested CPVC barrels
Powerclip, painted, standard mods (banded bladder, clip mod), only one clip, 40-50' flat range
AT2k, PVC couplered, 80-90' flat range with 8-10" CPVC barrels.

I've got in my unmodded (and unused) arsenal:

Eagle Eye
Vortex Tornado
2 - Vortex Tornado X/2
About 4 good condition Vortex rings.

#61078 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 August 2005 - 09:02 PM in General Nerf

Rich, I'd say about $39, maybe $40. I figure $8 for each brassed NF and $6 for each one without restrictors and $3 for the SSPB.

#60596 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 July 2005 - 01:43 AM in General Nerf

I'd say about $2,200. Wow. Good arsenal. How much is mine worth, anybody? I love yours Noid.

#60587 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 July 2005 - 10:56 PM in General Nerf

1x stock SneakShot
1x stock Eagle Eye
1x slightly modded NF, old style, painted flat black
2x destroyed NF (don't ask)
1x Titan, cooked in an oven (don't ask)
1x Titan, nearly stock, two "grating" restrictors removed
1x destroyed Monster Rocket (giant missile thing that can reach 100 feet max)
1x destroyed Scout (don't ask)
1x stock Scout
2x Hornets, stock
2x AT2K, one poorly Crayola/PVC singled, other one being modded
2x AT3K, one badly modded, other one stock
1x dollar store gun, Pop Dartz dart blaster knock-off thing, decent micro shooter
1x BnA, stock
1x Airzone Crossbow, Crayola barreled
1x Lanard Blast Bazooka, cross piece sawed off barrel, severe air tank leak
1x destroyed Mav (don't ask)
1x stock Mav
1x destroyed TTG (don't ask)
1x stock Whiptail Scorpion
1x stock Electric Eel
2x RF20, pegs removed from barrels
1x Vortex Tornado
1x Vortex Tornado X/2
1x destroyed RF20 (don't ask)
1x half-broke SM3000 yellow (don't ask)
1x Atom Blaster Reactor Ball Blaster, stock
1x stock Ball Blaster
1x Master Blaster
1x Laser Fang, stock
2x blowguns, mostly unused, made of 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC

Plus about 5 other guns that I can't remember that are probably each worth about $5.00.

#111207 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 June 2007 - 01:13 PM in Off Topic

I don't watch many movies but if I had to pick some of my favorites they'd be (in rough order):

Stand by Me
American History X
Forrest Gump
The Santa Clause
Any '60s Sean Connery Bond movie

It's close between AHX and Stand by Me so those two may change order soon. I just watched Stand by Me today while mass-producing darts, it's now moved up to first place.

#42479 N-strike Maverick

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 November 2004 - 12:36 PM in General Nerf

Hello. I am new to this website and this is my first post. The Nerf Maverick looks sweet! I have seen a few pictures. Does anyone know when it will be released? Please tell me if anyone knows. Sorry if this is already answered.Thanks.

#89423 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 September 2006 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

October sounds good to me. Are you going to use this same thread to plan the war or make a separate one? I'm really excited about this one since I missed the Cleveland war and am looking forward to seeing you guys again. I'll check what dates I can do. Like I said before, NO Saturdays will work for me, but pretty much any Sundays will work, I think.

#88512 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 August 2006 - 09:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm up for another one, but I'm not sure what dates will work for me (if any) in September, since that's football season and I have absolutely NO Friday nights off...and I really doubt my mom would want to get up at 5:00 on a Saturday morning to drive down to Maryland. So basically, only a Sunday will work for me unfortunately. That would mean driving down Saturday afternoon, sleeping in a hotel, getting up around 8:00 and driving to the war on Sunday and leaving right after it's done to go home.

So...fuck. No dates will work unless they're Sundays, and I know that's really inconvenient for a lot of people, just throwin' it out there.

Oh yeah, I'm the kid with the Powerclip, by the way, in case you didn't remember my forum name.

#90053 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 September 2006 - 06:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I can make it too.

I'm not in charge of the war but a total headcount might be helpful:

TWR
NerfMonkey
Groove
Shindig
OMC
CaptainSlug(+2/3?)
ompa
Evil
crank(?)(+3?)
Thirst(?)
Dark Shrimp(?)

So at least 6-8, and possibly more.

Should be fun, and the paint won't melt off my Powerclip this time either.

#91688 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 October 2006 - 04:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I just bought a Big Blast (LBB knock-off) and was wondering if I would be allowed to fire homemade missiles out of it. The thread is right here. I expect them to get no more than about a hundred feet angled, I just thought they'd be fun to use and it would be a good opportunity to test them.

See you all in four days!

EDIT: Changed seventy to a hundred.

#92005 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 October 2006 - 12:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Great war guys. Everyone played awesome. Thanks for coming everybody. Oh, and Veggie, how is your friend's head? I can't remember if it was Mark or Trey but one of them was cut pretty badly. Hope he didn't have any serious injuries.

Highlights (in no particular oder):

-Dave's embarrassing Splitfire incident in the first round of the day
-My shot on Dean's neck in the beginning of the day
-Evil and I pulling off a win against four other people
-Narrowly missing Rambo's head while he was running down a ramp
-Dean and Dave running full speed into each other around a corner
-Getting shot in my left leg by Hersh's Crossbow and consequently falling
-Getting chased down and diddled by one of the Navy guys carrying a Magstrike
-Watching Bernie get owned by Dave from a foot away and hearing "What happened to the barrel tap fucking rule?!"
-Sitting atop the hill with Evil and either Groove or Dave and hearing a Magstrike go off inside the Gauntlet
-Almost getting my head taken off by one of the Navy guys shooting an SS2 at me from 10' which missed because the dart flew up
-Dean's crazy antics which included several cartwheels and a few spills
-Getting shot by a Navy guy who I had no idea was there
-Getting a shot on Jon between the shoulder blades when he was turned the other way
-Hitting Austin in the head from a distance by pure luck
-Bullshitting with Ted and Evil while everyone was at lunch
-Meeting the famous El Hombre (who if I'm right hadn't Nerfed in a loooong time)
-Finding one of my Stefans from June with my signature black dot
-Getting a shower of darts after the final dart sweep while sifting through the pile with Austin
-Meeting everybody and having a great time

Thanks again for coming everyone. I had a great time and hope I can get out there to the next one.

EDIT: Put Hombre in the list. Nothing personal, I just couldn't remember who all was there.

#92055 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 October 2006 - 09:08 PM in Nerf Wars

NerfMonky, I found your 12 inch brass/pvc nested barrel and your sports glasses, so dont worry.

Thanks man. I don't think I'm missing a pair of glasses actually, but the brass barrel was pissing me off when I was looking around for it. Good to know it's safe somewhere.

One thing I forgot that was absolutely awesome: having absolutely NO idea there were three teams in that one round with orange, pink and untaped and then finding out halfway through.

#90545 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 September 2006 - 05:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I have one more question: In the past two DCNOs I went to, we only did team deathmatches and some free-for-all pistol rounds. These are sweet, but I was wondering if there was ever CTF at DCNOs, or is that mostly a SoCal thing? I've heard a lot about the Californians playing it but never here in the east.

I'd like to try it but if nobody else wants to play that's fine. I was just wondering whether I should make some flags (I have the materials to make them) or if that would just be a waste of time.

Thanks!

#89630 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 September 2006 - 02:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Wayside is fine by me, I'm always up for a change though. I just want to Nerf, although I did find Wayside to be the best Nerfing location I've ever seen. If there's another spot that some of the more experienced guys think would be better, I'm all for it; it would be fine to have a change.

#90117 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 September 2006 - 06:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Anyone else thinking of bringing a digicam and possibly a DV cam? It would be nice to have some pictures for this war; at the last one I totally forgot to take any good ones while I was out but this time I'm going to get some, and hopefully some good video footage too. If I can get enough I'll try to put together a video.

#90161 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 September 2006 - 02:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Why don't we all Nerf and leave the cameras at home. Lets do our best to make some memories rather than forum candy. :rolleyes:

Totally. The only reason I'm going is to have fun. But when I'm out early in a round and there's nothing to do by myself at the pavilion, I might as well get some video of the rest of you guys, and if 2 or 3 people do that everyone will be on tape. And when you have footage you might as well make a video...

UNLESS anyone doesn't want to be on tape/in pictures. In which case I'll leave my (non-Nerf) shit at home.

#92211 Fall Dcno?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 October 2006 - 10:14 PM in Nerf Wars

God, wish I could've been there.

No. I'm serious.

#99295 Ecno '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 February 2007 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Mapquest gave me five and a half hours of driving time to get there.

I'm not the least bit sure at this point. I don't think my mom would consider it too much of a chore to drive her shiny new car for a few extra hours. :D

I'll be at the DCNO, I'm not sure about this one. Sucks, it looks like a realllly nice location too.

#143393 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 March 2008 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm usually fine with 100 but if you take a lot of shots make 200. I usually find about half of my darts I started with and we will probably have dart pickups at least once or twice, so you should be fine with 150 or so.