New Location!

33 replies to this topic

#1 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:16 PM

Alright, people.
Right now we are looking at August 28th, which is a Saturday. I need everyone to post thier availablility or lack there of.

We are looking at a new location, a warehouse (courtesy of my father) in Port Coquitlam. Address soon to come. Please note this location is only available to us on weekends.

Confirmed - 8 1 needing a ride
Hunter
~~steelsoul~~ (+1)
Zero (+1)
Raiden
Archangel
Gaebo (needs ride)
Tentative
Stefan
Can't attend
FBB
Nello
Jappo

Confirm ASAP!

Edited by Hunter, 27 August 2004 - 12:06 PM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#2 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 07:43 PM

Question!?!?
I was wondering that if the war is held at the warehouse, how many people would be to many to have due to a lack of space??

Becuase i have been at the warehouse i know that it is really cool, and fun. but if it means that we will have to have very little people, i think that the park would be a better choice. If we can still have lots of people then i totaly agree with the warehouse becuase of a change of space, and area.

Please reply back to me with the answer!!
You always have to remember that turtles rule the earth;
They rock,
They are funny,
And they are just plain cool
...................... Cheese rules too.

#3 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:22 PM

Well, you could have asked, or called, I saw you an hour ago.

May as well post this:

I believe the restrictions on the number of guests at this new location doesn't really come in effect. I would limit the guests to 10 people, including myself. Due to the turn out at the last war, we shouldn't worry. If it looks like we are going over 10 people, we MAY reconsider. For now, the warehouse is our location, and it will be friggen schweet.

Edited by Hunter, 21 June 2004 - 11:33 AM.

Hunter

#4 Raiden

Raiden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:32 AM

So are, we sure for the 28th? The sooner we know the date for sure the easier it is for me to get the time off to be there. This does sound like it is going to be awesome though.

#5 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:57 AM

Well, I guess 5+ confirmations in the first two days looks good. Everyone, continue to post availability, it helps us alot.

IT'S ON FOR THE 28th!
(Kind of pending, but 90% sure)
(I will have TOTAL CONFIRMATION (dum dum duh!) in one/1 day henceforth.)

Any Vancouver boys who would like thier profile on the upcomming Vancouver Nerf website, please fill out this form and PM or post it here.

First Name:
Username:
Genre of Music:
Arsenal:
Projects:
Personal Link (a website you like):

Oh, and for god's sake, people, starting asking your guests about the 28th NOW. Please?

Edited by Hunter, 22 June 2004 - 07:38 PM.

Hunter

#6 Raiden

Raiden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:46 PM

Any Vancouver boys who would like thier profile on the upcomming Vancouver Nerf website, please fill out this form and PM or post it here.

What about Vancouver Island boys?

#7 Gaebo

Gaebo

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:01 AM

IM coming!! my cell numer is 778-688-1876, but i need a ride! I live right next to metrotown.

#8 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:44 AM

What about Vancouver Island boys?

*sigh*
Shut up and put it up...

Gaebo, I will give you a call in a few days when we have a bit more info. I am hoping to CONFIRM the August 28th, the time, the location, ect within the week.
Hunter

#9 steelsoul

steelsoul

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:10 PM

hey hunter so far I am free on the 28th for VANS. I shouldn't be doing anything on that day so add me to the list of people coming.

Edited by ~~steelsoul~~, 22 June 2004 - 02:11 PM.

If the world was as dark as my mind I would be the only hope for survival.

#10 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:14 PM

I have an idea, -_-

I think you (hunter) could add a separate list of people who need rides to Vans on the post that you have already put up, with the list of people who are coming. add there name, number, (etc), Then people who are coming, can check the list and see whether or not they can take someone to the war.

It is just an idea, it might help everyone keep track of who is needing help coming to the war.
They rock,
They are funny,

#11 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:59 PM

Alright, we're still on for August 28th. Please confirm ASAP if you haven't.

Question for all attendees:
What time should we have this war? I was thinking:
1. After lunch, finish before dinner
2. Before, during, and after dinner
3 After dinner
?
Please note, all of these options are available. I would like 2 or 3, as the warehouse is an awesome location at night. After dinner it should still be dark out, so we can get some games when it's bright out, and when it's dark.
What do you think?

Edited by Hunter, 28 June 2004 - 12:10 AM.

Hunter

#12 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:30 PM

Eye protection? In my experience it's not best to wear sunglasses at night. It's hard to keep track of the visions in your eyes.
I'd prefer to keep it to before, during, and after dinner at the latest,
So I can
So I can
Attend.
But I'll see what I can do if you put it after. I might just have a harder time convincing my group to make the excursion if it goes to 23:00... Being a Nerf war and all. Maybe if I promise a free round or two at the Cobalt afterwards. :huh:

By the way, unless it's an inside joke, it's "warehouse."
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#13 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:12 AM

WAREhouse.. yes. Small mental block. Although the concept of Nerfing at Mike Work Wearhouse is interesting...
:huh:
I like night wars, but it's fine if we dont. Just as much fun. Please note, even if we find it is too dark w/sunglasses, the WAREhouse has lighting. I guess well look at option 1 or 2.
Hunter

#14 FBB

FBB

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:32 PM

So the date is August 28? I might be able come, but I'll have to get my guns back into shape, just do some tune ups.Where is the location?
Formely known as Waspy on NerfHaven
Formely known as Fire_brian burke on NHQ

#15 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:44 PM

Again, a warehouse in PoCo. Address will be released sooner to the date. It is available to us on weekends.

The question right now, people, is what time would you like to do this? I'm guessing it will be after lunch right now, but I need input. Please post availablility ASAP and preferred time.

Zero, how big will your group be? Oh, and Zero, have you seen my Nite Finder yet?

Edited by Hunter, 30 June 2004 - 03:58 PM.

Hunter

#16 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:37 AM

Hey Hunter,
i agree with everyone else when they say that selection (2) is the best choice.

I am not sure what time would be good. Mabey 1:30 - 2:30 start time? I am not sure if that time is good with everyone else, but as of now i am free all day on the 28th so anytime is going to be fine with me.

I do not think that after dinner is a good idea because some people live farther away so it might take them a while to get there.

Turtle
They rock,
They are funny,

#17 Raiden

Raiden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:01 AM

So, are we on for the 28th then?

#18 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:42 AM

Yessir!
Also, Archangel should be joining us now. We got a great number of people. (8 confirmed, Gaebo needs a ride, and Stefan needs a job) I'm waiting for Black Wrath to give me the go ahead and let me use his Newsletter again, so the letter should be up shortly. Until then I guess I can give you all the address!

Unit 123
1551 Broadway, Port Coquitlam

Time: 1-4:30 ish??? Yes, PM. (what do you think?) 1-4? 1-5? 2-6?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Black Wrath, I'm sorry to do this. I tried contacting you for permission for the Newsletter, but it's been a few days and I can't wait any longer. I will be leaving for vacation (Calgary Stampede, baby! Yeha!) tomorrow and will be back on July 17th. I wanted it up before I left. If you have a problem with it, contact Cx (as I wont be here) and you have my permission to remove this Newsletter and give me 40 lashes with a wet noodle....

THIS NEWSLETTER ORIGINALLY WRITTEN BY CAM FOR MMNO
Cam's Email - stonedsquirrelz@hotmail.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vancouver Area Nerf Series (VANS) Skirmish 3

Okay people, this is the official newsletter for VANS 3.

Now, I would like to outline a few key concerns I have about the war. These will be divided into their respective categories: Apparel, Safety, Time, Location, games, and finally, everything else that doesn’t fit in the above categories.

Apparel

For a Nerf war, you will generally want to be dressed in something very comfortable, and easy to move in. You will be dodging darts, running around, and it will be a mild day. Suitable apparel is anything you are comfortable wearing. There are laws, however, against certain choices of attire… such as not wearing pants in a public area. I shall hope we all show up ‘dressed to kill’, which is a double entandre. Also, the floor of the warehouse is polished concrete. I suggest some gloves, as you will be hiding behind boxes and sliding on the floor. And, Mike, no more sandals, ok? Called you on that one...

Safety

You will be shooting projectiles at people, and having them to you. Safety is number one, and I will MAKE SURE that everyone is protected. The biggest factor is eye protection, and it will be REQUIRED at this war. Eye protection is goggles, glasses, shades, anything.

You will also most likely need clothes that will soften the impact of darts. We do however need to be able to feel the hits so that there is no arguing over if you were shot or not.

Gloves are also something to consider, nothing like white knuckles after getting hit multiple times in the hand. Gloves are also good for crawling and such, if you use those tactics.

Time

We have our war date set for August 28th 2004. We don't know what time yet, as we need more input. Probably after lunch until before dinner. 1300 to 1600 or 1700.

The location is a warehouse (compliments of my father) in Port Coquitlam. The warehouse is relatively empty, but there are numerous industrial cardboard boxes we can set up for cover. Here's the address:
Unit 123, 1551 Broadway, Port Coquitlam.

(NOTE: If you need maps to this area, contact Hunter via PM or email)

The weather will not affect us, although the temperature might.

The location has many characteristics that we can use to our advantage. Indoors, it's a big warehouse, at one end, up some steps is a balcony. We can go outside, also, although there isn't all that much cover.

We don't need to worry about eating, bring a snack and some drinks (I'll bring a bunch, again) but the war will not interupt any meals.

The warehouse does have a washroom. No more bushes, ya!

Games

We haven’t really figured this out yet, we think that the games will be decided at the time. I would like to try a lot of rule sets and games to get the most out of this experience. Bring your ideas with you, and don’t be afraid to share your thoughts.

Our main game types would be CTF (Capture the Flag), Assault (one team defends and objective, another team tries to complete it), and just a Team Death Match sort of thing.

I'll bring my list of games.

Everything Else

Bring a snack and a drink if you can. This will make it easier on us as a group. Have fun. Laugh more than you cry. Goof around, but don’t be stupid. Remember safety comes first, and always others before you. Be polite and mature, and don’t get into stupid arguments. Try your best to not get hurt, and have as much fun as possible. Talk your parents into watching a round of Nerf so they know what we are doing.

I hope this answers all of your questions, because I need to go on vacation now. If now, just leave me a PM or email and I'll try to check it once or twice during the next 2 weeks. My email is (nerfvancouver@hotmail.com).

Edited by Hunter

Originally Written by Cam
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Cam (stonedsquirrelz@hotmail.com).

Edited by Hunter, 06 July 2004 - 03:27 PM.

Hunter

#19 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:56 PM

~SNIPPAH~

I hope you got my PM, Hunter. Thank you for crediting me, more than enough ^_^. I'm glad the newsletter can be used by everyone.

Anyways, good luck with VANS round 3, and can't wait till MMNO 2... in about a month, yay!.

Anyways, I'm back from BC, took a visit to Vancouver, but spent the two weeks in Victoria on the island. You guys live in a beautiful province, I want to live in Arbutus Ridge one day. I came home this afternoon, lost 3 hours, and realized that downtown Toronto has virtually no vegitation near the airport... I thought I was standing in Gotham City for god's sake. I got so used to the mountain views and landscaping that I forgot that the city didn't look like that, and I was shocked.

Anyways, thanks for proveing to me once again that my work is good enough for others to utilize.

--Cam
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#20 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:24 AM

IMPORTANT.

Hopefully you have all read the Newsletter, as the rules and regulations must be followed.

The problem, my friends: Due to the number of people attending, I am considering to change the location back to Carisbrooke park, or another location on request. I originally wanted to cut-off to be at 8 or 10 people. Those spots were filled easily by us. Unfortunately, this leaves no room for you to bring quests, Zero and Nello may want to (or any others). Also, due to my recent showing-nerf-guns-to-everyone-I-know, I may have got more people interest. 1 very interested, and 2 who would probably tag along. If they are ready for the 28th war, it will be hard to turn these new enthusiasts down.

Here are the stats:

Carisbrooke park: Huge, different fields, trenches, hills, cover approx. %30 (we could even bring more boxes this time), max players 10-20.

Warehouse: (I will ask my father about actual dimensions and maybe pictures) Medium, overlooking balcony, 100s of boxes for cover, cover approx %0 (no boxes) to %100 (way too many boxes), max players (comfortably) 8.

What I'm asking you is this: Would you like to change the location to Carisbrooke park in hopes of accomodating more people? I believe we had fun at the first VANS, I think we could have fun there, again. I would like to accomodate as many people as possible, as the this hobby desperately could use some growing. This is why I propose to move the location from the Warehouse in Port Coquitlam to Carisbrooke Park in North Vancouver. I am very open to other location suggestions, actually, I beg for them. Having the options of other places would be nice, too, but we know Carisbrooke park is great. If we want this war to be the best it can with the most possible people, then the warehouse is not an option this time around. I strongly encourage you to VOTE on the location or state your opinion.

Thank you for your time,
Hunter

PS. Hopefully Cx is working on the batch of VANS2 pictures. Again, I remind you to bring a digital camcorder, if you have one, to VANS3. It should help promote Vancouver in Nerf.

Edited by Hunter, 26 July 2004 - 05:44 PM.

Hunter

#21 FBB

FBB

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:46 PM

I can't make it the 28th I'm really sorry, I really wanted to be there.
Formely known as Waspy on NerfHaven
Formely known as Fire_brian burke on NHQ

#22 Raiden

Raiden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:33 PM

I should be able to make it, new work schedule coing out tommorow and I my manager told me I could prolly get the 28th of when I asked

#23 BeWeird

BeWeird

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:23 PM

ARGH
I wish I could come. It sounds so cool. I'm only gonna be up there (vacation with my family) the 8th through the 12th, and catching another 17 hour flight back up there the next weekend is NOT an option. ^_^
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
_bW of REN

#24 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:36 PM

Awww BW.
As I've stated on NHQ, I'm away for the dates your here.
I strongly encourage you Vancouver guys to organize a small skirmish with BW and Whisper. I really hope one of you will take the initiative. I would have. Once in a lifetime chance people, show them our hospitality. I will be very disapointed if someone doesn't step up to the plate, here.
BW, just post your availability (dates, times) here, hopefully someone will... ya, you get it..
Sorry to miss this opportunity,
Hunter
Hunter

#25 Nerfy BuNNy

Nerfy BuNNy

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:49 AM

I live in Canada, but I never get a freaking war because its never in Quebec. "Montreal" which is as good as vancouver and they both own Toronto.

*burns toronto maple leafs flag*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users