New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Finally some news everyone wants

335 replies to this topic

#126 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:36 PM

Nice find, CAPS! Here I was thinking it'd be a lot longer to go. I look forward to getting my hands on this thing before calling judgment but the aesthetics are just too cool to ignore in my opinion.

#127 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:25 PM

...mid December...

Nice...

...$25 w/o shipping...

Even nicer...

-Other features include a flip-up sight for aiming precision and a dual-mode light beam with red-dot accuracy that's perfect for night missions!

Now that's interesting, even if neither "mode" is actually useful. Do you remember anything about this, OMC?

Also, note that (for those in the U.S., anyway) shipping is actually free. Sweet. Thanks for the info, CAPS. Hope it's real.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#128 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:48 PM

Very nice find CAPS! Just in time for christmas aswell, now I can get other people to buy this gun for me! I can't wait to get this gun and do some "open heart surgery".

#129 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

Well if it's supposed to be coming out Dec 15 I wonder how early retailers will start selling it?
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#130 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

Well if it's supposed to be coming out Dec 15 I wonder how early retailers will start selling it?

What do you mean? Since when do retailers sell items before the release date?

Edited by CAPS, 31 October 2007 - 05:08 PM.

It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#131 watkins

watkins

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

What do you mean? Since when do retailers sell items before the release date?

Its something that seems to happen a lot with Nerf. The release date is just when stores are supposed to stock it. They usually already have it in the back before then.

#132 biofreak2

biofreak2

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:05 PM

I did notice thier were two holes in the front of laser light on the gun.
Here in Wardog Clan we don't yell "FOR SPARTAAAAAAAA" we yell "FOR SUPERFOODTOWNNNNNNN", ya know mix things up a bit.

#133 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

Well with the magstrike and the LS retailers were selling before the release date.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#134 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:07 PM

I just found out that you can pre-order the Recon CS on Amazon. It says it doesn't get released till mid December. Anyone who really wants this can pre-order it for about $25 w/o shipping. Not bad considering it's cheaper than the Longshot.

Product Features

-Build your own blaster with five interchangeable parts that you can take apart and reassemble any way you want
-Snap the parts in any configuration onto the TACTICAL RAIL¿, and gain the upper hand in any situation that calls for awesome dart-tag action
-Other features include a flip-up sight for aiming precision and a dual-mode light beam with red-dot accuracy that¿s perfect for night missions!
-Use the shoulder stock to steady your shot and store an extra clip of ammo (sold separately)
-Get armed with the most exciting name in high-tech blasters: N-STRIKE power!

From the Manufacturer

Build your own blaster with five interchangeable parts that you can take apart and reassemble any way you want. Snap the parts in any configuration onto the TACTICAL RAIL¿, and gain the upper hand in any situation that calls for awesome dart-tag action. Other features include a flip-up sight for aiming precision and a dual-mode light beam with red-dot accuracy that¿s perfect for night missions! Use the shoulder stock to steady your shot and store an extra clip of ammo (sold separately). Get armed with the most exciting name in high-tech blasters: N-STRIKE power!

Looks like the real deal.

Mid December? That's awesome! That'll be my Christmas present, HAHA!
kthxbaisend

#135 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

*Claps* I'm going to pre-order one. I just love how Nerf has a tendency to release new blasters sooner than you'd think.

Edited by Blasphemy, 01 November 2007 - 08:49 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#136 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:33 PM

He didn't say Dec. 15th. He said mid-December. That doesn't mean it's the exact middle...
kthxbaisend

#137 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

He didn't say Dec. 15th. He said mid-December. That doesn't mean it's the exact middle...

From Amazon
Availability: This item will be released on December 15, 2007. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#138 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

Oh, pffft. Stupid me.
kthxbaisend

#139 Morally Challenged

Morally Challenged

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

With the bolt coming out the way it does and having a clip it looks like the mechanics might work more like the Rapid Fire Rifle just without the lever action, I've been working on mine and will load the mod pics once it's done, I just need to find another spring that fits then to some small tweaks.

As to my 2 cents worth, I think that it just might be a great gun as long as the people at Hasbro learn from the mistakes that they made with the LS.
NIGHT

MY KITTEN WALKS ON VELVET FEET
AND MAKES NO SOUND AT ALL;
AND IN THE DOORWAY NIGHTLY SITS
TO WATCH THE DARKNESS FALL
I THINK HE LOVES THE LADY, NIGHT
AND FEELS AKIN TO HER
WHOSE FOOTSTEPS ARE AS STILL AS HIS,
WHOSE TOUCH IS AS SOFT AS FUR

LOIS WEAKLY McKay

#140 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:59 PM

With the bolt coming out the way it does and having a clip it looks like the mechanics might work more like the Rapid Fire Rifle just without the lever action, I've been working on mine and will load the mod pics once it's done, I just need to find another spring that fits then to some small tweaks.

As to my 2 cents worth, I think that it just might be a great gun as long as the people at Hasbro learn from the mistakes that they made with the LS.

Just not the stremline darts mistake. <_<
-Vacc

#141 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

I might ask for this or a longshot for christmas (even though I'm a jew, gotta love the g-parents).
I will get my final decision from reviews from the NIC.
Maybe another dtg...

ON TOPIC:

Anyways...It looks like a good integration gun and a easy mod gun.
Also, the clip makes the gun.
If the plunger is anything like a LnL or a NF, this will be a definite pick up.
Hopefully the seal is good.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#142 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:30 PM

Man that is fucking awesome!. I can't wait for it to come out.

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

#143 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:53 PM

Look at this.

Product Features
Build your own blaster with five interchangeable parts that you can take apart and reassemble any way you want
Snap the parts in any configuration onto the TACTICAL RAIL¿, and gain the upper hand in any situation that calls for awesome dart-tag action
Other features include a flip-up sight for aiming precision and a dual-mode light beam with red-dot accuracy that¿s perfect for night missions!
Use the shoulder stock to steady your shot and store an extra clip of ammo (sold separately)
Get armed with the most exciting name in high-tech blasters: N-STRIKE power!

Notice how it says " Use the shoulder stock to steady your shot and store an extra clip of ammo (sold separately)"

I wonder if they changed the stock, because it dosent look like it would hold an extra clip.

#144 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:01 PM

It will. The back of the stock is shaped like a sideways U to accept the bottom of the magazine, but I don't know how firmly it will hold it. (The magazine is placed in horizontally, so that the bottom of the mag is parallel to the back of the stock).

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 05 November 2007 - 05:00 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#145 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

an extra clip of ammo (sold separately)"

Dont tell me it only comes with one clip! I have a longshot but for the ones who dont?
-Vacc

#146 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:00 PM

They'll have to deal with it. :unsure:

P.S. : Yay! My 150th post!

Edited by n-strike, 05 November 2007 - 08:04 PM.

kthxbaisend

#147 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:54 PM

I wish that you could pick up this or a bundle pack with more darts, another clip and a bag/strap.

The darts are most likely streamline because it is the SAME DAMN CLIP!

Idiots...

EDIT: YAY my 174th post! :) ! DO you all REALLY have to say that?

Edited by Lynx, 05 November 2007 - 08:55 PM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#148 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

Sorry about that Lynx. I just got a little too excited. :)

Edited by n-strike, 05 November 2007 - 09:04 PM.

kthxbaisend

#149 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

All cool.

Well:

I wish the rc (recon) will come out before the 15/16th...

I am anticipating the adaptability of this and my nitefinder which I think could clip to the rail?

I REALLY want this blaster...

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#150 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

Perhaps this should have been stated earlier. The rails on this gun are like on the normal LS. You would need to take an inverse rail, such as from the top of a Crossfire or from an LS scope, glue it to your gun/accessory, and then slide that onto the rail on the RC.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users