I hate you.

#227 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:56 PM

I don't think anybody has mentioned this yet:

http://www.amazon.co...LS/ref=dp_olp_2

Guy claiming to already have one to sell. He clearly can't, any thoughts from people?

As a side note, this is the same guy selling a Crossbow for $200 (http://www.amazon.co...6128144&sr=1-17)

#228 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

That's just as bad.

It's not because I specifically said I didn't know. And i found out it was bullcrap by the way.

Edited by Yakkers, 12 December 2007 - 08:55 PM.

#229 Starlancer

Starlancer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:47 PM

IMPORTANT NEED TO KNOW INFO!
(sorry for the caps, this is 100% confirmed information that will help all of you get these faster!)

Both Fred Meyers and WallMart have CONFIRMED the Recon in their inventory systems, although they have not shipped from the warehouse and no ship dates are available. For anyone in the Bellevue/Kirkland/Redmond area, the Fred Meyers' warehouse has 937 in stock for all the stores in their region. That should be plenty, and if those numbers go for all the stores you will have little trouble finding them if you get there within a few days of release. Wal-Mart had considerable less info, but were able to confirm it as was Target to a lesser degree. now for the important stuff.

The price is confirmed as $19.99. Wal-Mart has their at $19.96 for whatever reasons, but now we know the exact price. If you are going to look for it at Fred Meyers, their internal SKU is 24257244. the UPC (Barcode for those that aren't familiar with the retail terminology) is 65356927202. That is confirmed, It was given to me by Fred Meyers in Totem lake, confirmed by both Covington Wal-Mart and the Silverdale Fred Meyers.

Expect the price at Toys 'R' Us to be $24.99, traditionally their NERF blasters have a markup of around 5 dollars. Also, call your stores daily, they won't know if they are recieving them until the day before since it is a new product. Keep the SKU and UPC handy if you want to get this when it releases. I will keep in touch with all the local stores as often as I can, as I get new info I will pass it on ASAP, even if it means using work computers for this!

Finally for those too lazy to use the yellow pages, here are the store locator links for the major retailers!
Fred Meyers http://clients.mapqu...cator?link=find
Target http://sites.target......store_locator
Toys 'R' Us http://www4.toysrus....index.cfm?tru=1
Wal-Mart http://www.walmart.com/

(edited for spelling and factual errors)

Edited by Starlancer, 12 December 2007 - 08:59 PM.

#230 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

So that means us Canadians can expect a price oof around $30-37 for one, judging by the differences on the pricing of LS's.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#231 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:17 AM

I don't think anybody has mentioned this yet:

http://www.amazon.co...LS/ref=dp_olp_2

Guy claiming to already have one to sell. He clearly can't, any thoughts from people?

As a side note, this is the same guy selling a Crossbow for $200 (http://www.amazon.co...6128144&sr=1-17)

CaptainCC is full of shit.

On a more cheery note, the release is tomorrow. And all Wal*Marts have the RC in stock? For $20? Kickass.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#232 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:14 AM

...i found out it was bullcrap by the way.

Wow, you don't say? Who knew? Oh....right....I did.
I hate you.

#233 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:21 AM

Wow, you don't say? Who knew? Oh....right....I did.

Now, what have I told you about using your psychic powers to confound the youngin's?

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#234 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

Damn it, guess you have me there.
I hate you.

#235 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:34 PM

By the bye, if tomorrow IS the actual street date for the Recon, it's worth noting that it happens to occur on the Fifth Anniversary of my joining NerfHaven. Coincidence? I'll leave that for you to decide...

DEATH

#236 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

By the bye, if tomorrow IS the actual street date for the Recon, it's worth noting that it happens to occur on the Fifth Anniversary of my joining NerfHaven. Coincidence? I'll leave that for you to decide...

I'm just wondering, didn't you join on the 14th?
kthxbaisend

#237 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:01 PM

So that means us Canadians can expect a price oof around $30-37 for one, judging by the differences on the pricing of LS's.

Around that price, yeah. Also I bet it’ll start showing up in stores in January. The Disk shot was on the shelves by mid September, right?

So says his information, but it's Death, so I wouldn't question it...

#238 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

Odd... I'm seein' this in my sidebar-- you guys seein' something different? Maybe a Time Zone thing?
Posted Image

DEATH

#239 ORHISSY

ORHISSY

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:44 PM

Looks very nice.
I am DEFFINETLY getting this when it comes out. I like the detatchable stock. I also like that it uses the same clips as a longshot. Does it use the same stremline darts though?
ANYWAY, This gun is GHETTO FOSHO!!!!!
I will swallow your strength,
And leave you unwhole!

#240 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:01 PM

It must be a time zone thing, either that or I'm being punked.

I took a screenshot, and yes, it most definitely says the 14th.

Posted Image

Edited by penguin807, 14 December 2007 - 05:02 PM.

#241 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

SO, just to clear this up, in the US, my local Wal-Mart WILL have it tomorrow? Or they are getting them shipped to them tomorrow?

I'd PREFER Starlancer's answer since he seems to know when it's coming out, but if you know, feel free to answer

Edited by xNFx 37, 14 December 2007 - 05:11 PM.

it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#242 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:13 PM

Hi, and a good day to you all,

First I like to thank you for accepting me to the forum; sorry if there is a introduction thread I did not find it

And to the topic, I don’t know if you remember, but the Hasbro shop site use to have a paragraph in the long shot description that said something about interchangeable parts with the rest of N-strike series, but to my knowledge only the scope could be placed on all the others, well, I think with the Recon this interchangeable parts will be finally useful, taking to account what One Man Clan has said that the barrel of the gun were the bigger barrel connects is the same as the Long Shot, and that the sight and “laser” attach at the same rail system as the scope of the Long shot well, hear are some ideas of what I am saying:

You could change the RC’s sight and the LS’s scope

Posted Image

Or the barrel extensions

Posted Image

Everything

Posted Image

And finally something like these, the laser on top of the RC, with the barrel extension of the LS, to make a futuristic rifle, and the barrel of the RC on the LS, for a more realistic rifle

Posted Image

Note: that with this combination you could modify the RC with a shot gun function like some of you have done with the LS.

And the RC’s sight and laser will be placeble in all the N-strike series as the LS’s scope is. Well I would like someone that gets it soon to find out if what I have said is true, because sadly (for me), I won’t be getting it sooner then next year, because where I live it takes some time fore them to get it here.

Edited by Techno, 14 December 2007 - 06:52 PM.

#243 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:17 PM

Dude, I'm gonna start out to say that...
You are the PERFECT new member!

Awesome ideas/possibilities there as well.

Welcome to the Haven!

EDIT: Ouch.... spoke to soon.
do a little spell check.

Edited by precisionnerfer, 14 December 2007 - 06:18 PM.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#244 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

Dude, I'm gonna start out to say that...
You are the PERFECT new member!

Awesome ideas/possibilities there as well.

Welcome to the Haven!

EDIT: Ouch.... spoke to soon.
do a little spell check.

True that!
Not only did he make one of the best first-impressions ever, he likes the same song genre as I do! Welcome sir.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#245 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:54 PM

I like some of those combinations, especially the Longshot with the Recon's barrel. OMC said the front barrel caonnects the same way, so it will probably be possible.

As tempting as it is to go and get it tomorrow, I think i'll wait until Xmas for it, it's more exciting that way.

#246 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:06 PM

I hope the Laser site has the rail connection on it. If so suhweet.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#247 Starlancer

Starlancer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:53 PM

It will NOT release tomorrow. nobody has one, nor has any pending. I'll keep calling daily, and your stores may vary, but never trust Amazon, they are usually full of shit...

#248 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:33 PM

Odd... I'm seein' this in my sidebar-- you guys seein' something different? Maybe a Time Zone thing?
Posted Image

Yea, Penguin's picture is like mine. It says 14th. But again, it's probably just a time zone thing. And sorry to question it. I was just curious. And yea, he is a perfect new member (I don't like calling people n00bs.) and I just noticed he edited it, and did a pretty goo job.

Edited by n-strike, 14 December 2007 - 09:37 PM.

kthxbaisend

#249 Xinion

Xinion

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:38 PM

A friend of mine will send me one if It makes it on shelves before Christmas. If it doesn't, then he'll just send me an LS.

And I have a feeling that its going to be just as hard to mod as the LS, because it looks just as complicated as the LS does. Its like.. a mini-Longshot.

Edited by Xinion, 14 December 2007 - 09:38 PM.

"It is nothing so trivial as revenge. A fight to the death with you. Only in that, can my soul find respite." -Gray Fox

#250 Starlancer

Starlancer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

wow, i just got my ass reamed by a Fred Meyers manager for digging too deep. Apparently some of the info that i got is, well, restricted. Use what i know, call them daily with the SKU and UPC, because i sure as hell won't get anything out of them.
(sorry for any typos, i have to run to the store ASAP for cake mix, otherwise i'm SOL tomorrow)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users