Star Wars Dart Gun Mod

Not a writeup!

7 replies to this topic

#1 NerfGnome

NerfGnome

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:09 PM

I am sort of new to nerfhaven, so please forgive me if I do something wrong.

I was checking out the local Wal-mart's clearance aisle, when I spotted a Star Wars dart gun on clearance for $11. I decided, why not, lets try it out.

When I got back home and tried it out, the dart lobbed to the ground, a mere 10 feet in front of me. I was obviously disappointed. But instead of tossing the gun in the trash, I decided to take a try at modifying it.

Here is the gun, after modification:

Posted Image

Sorry that the picture is such crappy quality, but all I have is an old webcam that belongs to my friend.
Also, sorry I don't have a picture of the internals. I might try to get some up tomorrow.

It doesn't look much different after modification then it did stock, other than an orange ring on the end I had to pry off to get the gun open.

First and foremost, the gun's air restrictor is a pain to remove. I had to actually cut the plunger barrel to get to it, because it has a plunger stopper that I couldn't get to. I hotglued the plunger barrel on afterwards, and it works fine.

I did a few modifications to it: Added a spring, wrapped a few holes with etape, and put some lube on the plunger (which is almost bone-dry in stock form).

After re-assembling the gun, it fired quite well. I wish I could get ranges for it, but its midnight, and its raining out. It looks like it will get a good 50 feet though, after firing it across my living room.

EDIT: I got the ranges today:

Stock Tagger Darts:
37'
36'
44'
Average: 39'

Stefans:
38'
46'
39'
Average: 41'

Sort of inconsistent, but it was cold out.

I will try sometime this weekend to get some pics of the internals, and try to do a sort of writeup on this, and hopefully get put in the directiory.

Edited by NerfGnome, 20 October 2007 - 07:58 PM.

"Women are like Parking spots. The good ones are taken, and the only open ones are handicapped."

#2 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:16 PM

Usually you would post this in the Modifications picture thread unless there is some form of a write-up available in your post. Other then that, seems to be decent. How much power seems to be behind the dart? (For example, does the dart travel with high velocity or noticable accuracy?)
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#3 NerfGnome

NerfGnome

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:21 PM

Usually you would post this in the Modifications picture thread unless there is some form of a write-up available in your post. Other then that, seems to be decent. How much power seems to be behind the dart? (For example, does the dart travel with high velocity or noticable accuracy?)

There seems to be quite a lot of force going into the dart, as it hits hard when I shoot it at the wall. I don't know as much for it for accuracy, as I've only shot it a couple times.
"Women are like Parking spots. The good ones are taken, and the only open ones are handicapped."

#4 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

This mod interests me because it wasn't done on a Nerf gun but you still got a great range from my point of view considering that when forsaken_angel24 did that mod on the transformer gun and got max 25 feet.
So prop's. <_<

#5 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:19 AM

I've seen this before. My little brother got one for his birthday. It SUCKS!
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#6 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:19 AM

This mod interests me because it wasn't done on a Nerf gun but you still got a great range from my point of view considering that when forsaken_angel24 did that mod on the transformer gun and got max 25 feet.
So prop's. <_<

Then I guess you didn't take into account the fact that they are two completely different guns.

Also this gun IS in fact made by Nerf.

ps. Well done on the mod there NerfGnome.

Edited by DarkInfection, 20 October 2007 - 09:22 AM.

#7 NerfGnome

NerfGnome

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

This is exactly why I modified the hell out of it.

#8 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:56 PM

This is exactly why I modified the hell out of it.

Haha! Very nice!
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users