Wiki-what?

58 replies to this topic

#51 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:45 AM

Edit: Yeah, the only ranges I'm okay with seeing are the ones advertised on the box. This is supposed to be a technical reference, not a directory of blaster reviews.

The next thing I'll start working on is adding the common abbreviations to the individual Blaster Pages. Once I get the ammunition pictures from badger I can get that article updated as well.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 14 January 2008 - 12:52 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#52 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

Stock ranges, like the ones advertised on the box, would be acceptable I think. They're more or less standardized, whereas modified ranges vary greatly.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#53 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

'The elder gods saw the land and saw all that was Nerf. They came dow to the earth in human forms to rule all who would Nerf. Their names were cxwq, Julie, Groove, and VACC. They proclaimed to the masses, "Go forth and modify, so that you may defend yourselves from our wrath." And so they did. The wars were vicious. Once a year there was a great Reckoning to loosen their fighting spirit. Some of the Gods would have their own war along with their most trusted allies to Deal with the warring armies and prepare for their destruction. Then there were many smaller skirmishes to hone their skills, before the world would be ripped asunder by Armageddon on one side of the country and a fierce Apocalypse on the other.

My name is Groove, and I endorse this message.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#54 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:34 PM

Inspired by CS's work, I'll make this offer:

I'll make redirect pages from blaster abbreviations to the blaster's article itself. If someone doesn't know what this means, I'll give an example. Let's say you type "at3k" into the search bar. Right now, a list of results will come up and you can choose the "Airtech 3000" article, among others.

With a redirect page, searching for "at3k" will take you directly to the "Airtech 3000" article.

If people think this will be a waste of bandwidth or something, just say so. Otherwise, I would be happy to begin working on it.

PS: I will also put this up on the Wiki's "To do List" talk page.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#55 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

I started that, so some of them are already done, but I don't recall which ones.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#56 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:45 PM

Can someone with a little wiki savy, [I have none] put this up on it and make it a little more generic? Or if someone will put it up I can make it more generic.
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#57 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

I can at least start putting that up, PN. If I run into trouble, I'll ask for help or let someone else edit it.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#58 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:29 AM

I'll make redirect pages from blaster abbreviations to the blaster's article itself.

Make sure you capitalize only the first letter of the redirect page title. That tends to make any derivations on the capitalization order not matter for finding the page through search

Edited by CaptainSlug, 15 January 2008 - 08:29 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#59 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

I'm going through the information for each blaster jsut to make sure there aren't any inaccuracies. What ones I could edit I have done so already, but there are a few issues that I can't change as there is no "edit" link. I'll let you know what the errors are once I compile them all.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users