Lanard Blast Bazooka Leaking?

Is this normal?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

I bought myself a lanard blast bazooka and cpvc coupler modified it. The problem is, after about eight pumps, i can hear and feel air coming out of the front of the gun (the part where the air is supposed to come out of when you pull the trigger). When i pump it a few more times, i usually hear bigger air leaks. Is this normal, or is my LBB broken?
Quoting: My sister when she saw a picture of Groove.

"Daaaamn. That's one fine looking man"

Yeah. It was scary.

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

Your barrel is probably too far in (or something pushes the part [AR] that makes air go out.)
Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 Uterly

Uterly

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:08 PM

On mine, the valve doesn't close all the way everything and I just have to pull the trigger really hard to rest it.

#4 foamforce123

foamforce123

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

I don't think its coming out of the front. It is the over pressure release valve kicking in. It is a little valve on the tip of the plunger head that lets air out after about 8 pumps. Just open your gun up again and take out the plunger then plug up the hole on top. But be careful because you dont wan't to plug up the sides of the hole because then it wont pump properly.
Deal wit it.

#5 Uterly

Uterly

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:23 AM

After 7-8 pumps the tank is filled and the OP valve should kick in. However there should not be air rushing out the barrel. I think the problem is what I described above.

#6 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:44 AM

Awesome. Thanks for the help guys. My LBB now works perfectly. It shoots through cardboard using micro stefans :P .

Yeah. It was scary.

#7 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:48 PM

DAMN! Plugging the pump made it shoot through cardboard, but it didn't stop the leakage. After five pumps, the air leaks at the front of the gun. I looked down the hole of the barrel and the air is leaking from there. Sometimes the leak is so bad it pushed the air right out of my cpvc barrel before i even pull the trigger. Can anyone help me out?

Yeah. It was scary.

#8 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:59 PM

I know exactly what it is. The entire assembly is one unit inside the gun, correct? From back to front, there ought to be the pump, pump housing, tank, firing assembly, and barrel. What happens is that while pumping, this entire assembly will move forward inside the gun (because you are pushing the pump into the gun, and the pressure on the fifth pump is creating more resistance and causes the pump to push the assembly instead of the air). Since the trigger can't move with it, it remains behind and holds the valve open. You need to fill the shell with caulk, or glue on pieces of PVC on the tubes where the plastic tabs on the shell contact them. These will act as spacers and prevent the assembly from slipping forward. However, it may take two or three tries to get the spacing perfect.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#9 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:24 PM

I know exactly what it is. The entire assembly is one unit inside the gun, correct? From back to front, there ought to be the pump, pump housing, tank, firing assembly, and barrel. What happens is that while pumping, this entire assembly will move forward inside the gun (because you are pushing the pump into the gun, and the pressure on the fifth pump is creating more resistance and causes the pump to push the assembly instead of the air). Since the trigger can't move with it, it remains behind and holds the valve open. You need to fill the shell with caulk, or glue on pieces of PVC on the tubes where the plastic tabs on the shell contact them. These will act as spacers and prevent the assembly from slipping forward. However, it may take two or three tries to get the spacing perfect.

I've finally fixed the problem. I stuffed a buttload of fbr in every nook and cranny of the gun. Now it works perfectly (it leaks oh so slightly after about 23 pumps, but why would i need to pump 23 times?). Thanks for the help everyone (SHA is now in my list of awesome nerfers).

Yeah. It was scary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users