8 replies to this topic

#1 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

Posted Image
So guy's would this idea work?
If not tell me what wont and what to replace it with.

Oh I forgot to mention I meant the buzzbee big blast pump for the bazzooka pump

Edited by h2player116, 14 October 2007 - 04:53 PM.

#2 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

So it's basically a Frankenstein 4B/LBB?
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#3 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:08 PM

Could be but I'm going to try to make it shoot far and have a case as an outer shell so any thing's I'm missing? Estimated ranges? suggestions?

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:11 PM

Try it and find out. My one bit of advice is that 7" is not long for an air-powered gun. If the tank capacity is similar to that of a Titan's, then a barrel over 1' is needed.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 14 October 2007 - 06:37 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

#5 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:19 PM

Well I guess I will try but I meant a 7 inch barrel you sure thats not enough?

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:20 PM

Yes it would work, but it's just a Big Blast. So why not just buy one of those?
You're lacking alot of the specifics needed to actually make something that works.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 14 October 2007 - 06:20 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:22 PM

Well then I guess I should just buy some cpvc couplers and make one like that?

#8 El Ornitorrinco

El Ornitorrinco

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:38 PM

Erm... How does the trigger release the pressure? That's a very complicated system that you dumbed down into nothing. You say nothing about a valve... And conceiving and making them are both difficult processes; I recommend using an electronic sprinkler valve for your first home made.

Edited by El Ornitorrinco, 21 October 2007 - 10:39 PM.

Semi-auto in the works. =D

#9 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:34 PM

The system used here is a copy of the 4B and LBB firing systems. Basically, the tank is divided into two chembers with pipes connecting them (no valves in between, but a cavity is created between the two main chambers for a valve). The valve that dumps the entire tank into the barrel is simply a piece of plastic or other material that forms a seal with a flat surface. The piece is placed inside a lip on the foremost chamber so it can slide back, but not pop out into the barrel. A firing pin extends from the back of this sealing part and into the cavity between the two tank portions. The trigger has a catch face that pulls this bar back against the pressure in the tank and opens the valve.

Advantages:

No springs for the valve itself are needed, the pressure will hold the passage shut.

It is simple to make and cheap compared to other HOMEMADE valves (definitely not practical with store-bought comparisons).

Disadvantages:

The valve needs to be opened against the pressure in the tank, which can lead to problems with high pressures that limit your overall operating limit.

If the valve gets stuck (I.e., the firing pin gets bent and can no longer retract back into the tank), the system is useless.

It is not practical compared to commercially sold valves, especially automatic ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users