How Do I Mod My Ls?

I can't get it apart...

11 replies to this topic

#1 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

Ok, I just bought a Longshot the other day and i just opened it this morning. I'm trying to get plunger out so I can get to the AR but the thing is stuck to the breech system thing. How do I get it out so I can get the AR out?!

If anyone has pictures on taking this sucker apart, that would be nice!
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#2 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

Pull back on the breech then pull it out. Thats what In did.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#3 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:48 PM

Try looking in the stickied thread at the top of the mods forum. Or clarify your problem.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#4 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

Ok, thanks. Now I have the plunger out. I've been looking at all the mods in the directory, and I still don't understand how to get to the AR without cutting at the barrel... How am I supposed to get the barrel off of the plunger tube, and if I can't, how do I at least get the AR out of there?
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#5 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

It took almost half an hour to get mine out. I used a razer knife and slowly cut away at the AR.
The barrel is what the dart travels through. Do you mean the chamber that holds the spring in side?

Edited by Dayko, 14 October 2007 - 12:57 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

Ok, thanks. Now I have the plunger out. I've been looking at all the mods in the directory, and I still don't understand how to get to the AR without cutting at the barrel... How am I supposed to get the barrel off of the plunger tube, and if I can't, how do I at least get the AR out of there?

You have to use a 1/4" drill bit and a power drill to drill out the AR from the rear of the bolt piece, which you access through the plunger chamber. Then widen the opening using a hobby knife until the AR pieces can be pulled out.
The bolt cannot be removed from the plunger chamber because it was solvent welded together in two halves.
If you want to remove the peg that can also be done with a small handled x-acto knife and a rubber mallet.

All of this information was posted in Carrtoon's LS thread.
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7002

Edited by CaptainSlug, 14 October 2007 - 01:42 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:22 PM

I ripped mine out with needle nosed pliars. Worked fine, but it was really hard, and I'm a pretty big guy.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#8 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:54 PM

I'm surprised it took everyone so long to get out the LS air restrictor. I just used a pair of needle-nose tin snips. It took me about 30 seconds with those.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#9 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

Well, I for one, don't have needle nosed tin snips laying around.
~AJAQ~

#10 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:45 PM

To remove the AR from mine, I just used a tube cutter and cut around the area where the AR's located. Then after I remove the AR, I just shove a short piece of a Boba Tea straw inside the tube, and connect the 2 pieces of the tube together. It's great how the straw is a perfect fit for the LS's tube, you then just add some Krazy glue for a more permanent hold and you're done.
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#11 camo

camo

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

I used the type of small crayola scissors that have the rounded edge so you can't stab someone to get mine out. it isn't that hard to do as long as you look into the plunger chamber and see where the post that connect the AR to the barrel are

#12 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:52 PM

I just took a Foot Long 1/2" Drill Bit and drilled straight throught the damn thing.

Probably dead by now, or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users