Photo

Are These Good Guns? Can I Mod Them For Stefans?

10 replies to this topic

#1 ohiost13and0

ohiost13and0

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:53 PM

http://www.amazon.co...8910210-0851157 i wanted to get like 4 dart tag 10 shooters, but then i saw airtech 3000's, but they looked hard to mod, then i saw this which shot more then the airtechs, can these be modded? there 5 bucks!!!

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:02 PM

Check the directory the next time you have a question like this: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150

And the answer is yes. But the TEK line is pretty crappy, I wouldn't waste my money on them.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 October 2007 - 10:08 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:04 PM

Without using the directory your answer is no. that gun is about as good as the maverick and wont get and better. It can be modded to shoot steffans, but don't get it as a primary, it may do fine as a sidearm depending on your style. But for 5 bucks, get it. but the airtechs are better.

Edited by Banshee, 12 October 2007 - 10:06 PM.

Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#4 ohiost13and0

ohiost13and0

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:18 PM

how easy is it to remove the barrel posts for airtechs?

#5 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

It's more difficult than a modern gun due to the different air-delivery system. In most modern guns, the barrel post fits inside a dart(so you can't fire anything else) and then air is blown up around it.
The airtechs' post is hollow. The air comes straight up the post into the back of the dart. This also makes them wider fore a bit more efficiency in airflow, but the tightness on darts quickly did away with that.
Basically, it's relatively easy to get them out, just hacksaw off the barrels, and don't cut through the metal pin in the canter. It's more trouble than it's worth.(Usually) Then, do a quick barrel replacements, and you have a formiddable weapon.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#6 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:39 AM

The 10s can be a good gun if you get a good one and you do a barrel replacement. I think the 6s are better then the mav, both of the ones I have CPVC modded shot better then a mav.
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#7 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 07:39 AM

Z-man, he said Airtech, not a Buzz Bee Tek.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#8 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:44 AM

I happen to disagree with most of you. I think people tend to under-rate most buzz-bee guns because they tend to look a bit more fruity and kiddish compared to nerf guns. The air delivery system in the turrets of Buzz-Bee Tek pistols can be easily replaced with a simple barrel mod. Plus the darts that come with the Tek pistols are probably the best stock darts you'll ever find.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#9 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:54 AM

You're new here, aren't you? Before you make a topic like this, i strongly suggest you look at the mod directory. There you can find the ranges from these two weapons modified. Like most nerfers would agree with me, that gun sucks. That is a spring powered gun, while the airtech is an airpowered one. The airtechs can achieve a 80-100 feet range, these are lucky if they get 50 feet. Please do your research before you make a stupid question like this.
Quoting: My sister when she saw a picture of Groove.

"Daaaamn. That's one fine looking man"

Yeah. It was scary.

#10 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:41 PM

Airtech 3000's are great guns. They shoot like, 60-90 feet, have 6 shots, and are fast to pump.

I PETG'd my turret, and cut off the stock turret stubs, pumped the plug, and reinforced the cocking mechanism (my very own mod -_-. I love using my 3k with a 2k akimbo.

You can mod any stock gun to shoot stefans.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#11 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

I have a similar question...What are the ranges that one can squeeze out of this with a pvc barrel replacement, spring replacement and air restrictor removals?
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users