Photo

Questions That Need Answering.

New nerfers and especially Veteran nerfers opinions needed.

61 replies to this topic

Poll: Questions (177 member(s) have cast votes)

What color of stefans is best for you!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How much would you be willing to pay per foot for the perfect foam material?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What season do people modify their guns the most?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Thrax

Thrax

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:20 PM

I would like it in either Neon yellow or Neon Orange
I would spend 10-25 cents a foot

Edited by Thrax, 09 October 2007 - 12:25 AM.

Don't hate me cause I'm a genius ^_^

#27 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

I accidentally hit Null Vote, so I'll just post it all here.

I would vote Red foam. It stands out real well against anything it's laying on. And it looks really nice too, so that's another plus.

I'd be willing to pay 35 cents a foot.

What time are most guns modded? For me, it's summer. I have a lot more free time (pretty much the same schedule as Hierarchy), even though I still go to gym from 8am - 12pm.
Out of everyone, I think it'd be either Spring or Summer. The only reason I think it might be Spring is because lots of people do other things over Summer, and Nerfing isn't always on the top of the list.

#28 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:40 PM

Angel, you know I will buy a shitload of it from you!

I have to agree with Bags on the color choice and go with neon green. Some of you stated that it would be hard to find, but a neon green would not blend in with the foliage at all. On the contrary, it would be much more visible.

As for the price, I voted for 25 cents per foot, but I'll go with what ever the price comes out to.

Finally, I think most people do the majroity of their modding in the fall. That is when the new guns are in wide release. I didn't look into it, but I'll bet that alot of the posts for the LS and the MS in the Mods Forum are from the fall.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#29 pwnchu

pwnchu

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:28 AM

I think red is the best. There's no real disadvantage to it.
I dont know how much foam people need, but i figure i wouldn't care too much if it's $10 for like 30 feet...(i voted 35cents)
Lastly i bet people would mod the most during winter because they'd be getting nerf stuff for christmas, plus there's winter break, which is longer than spring break. But i'm kind of biased cause i go to a bunch of places every summer.

I hope this isn't too unrelated... but how well would stefans work without a weight (i might try using stefans if i could without weights; and i'm not terribly worried about a range decrease, as long as it was still around as good as stock darts)? for some reason i dont like the idea of putting metal in darts.
or am i just an idiot for thinking that you could make stefans without metal in them?

#30 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:25 AM

Well, you might have got a better answer in another thread, but if you don't put weights in darts, you have 2 choices:
Bad range
A big dome and still worse then with a weight.

Putting weights in darts would be the easiest thing I do probably, so don't skip it because of difficulty.
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#31 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:28 AM

You're the man.

I voted for orange, or preferably something bright / neon / fluorescent. Red is the best, but what is a man to do? I voted for 25c per foot, but I'd pay more for it probably if it came down to it. As badger already said, I'd probably buy a shitload from you.

I'm assuming most people do their modding during the Summer season, getting ready for the big Summer Wars. But that's just my assumption. Winter is more or less the "off-season" of Nerfing and modding in my book.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#32 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:18 PM

I'd go over 35c/foot for the "perfect" material. Heck, I'd go over 35c/foot for your red FBR; it's just that good compared to the other choices.

I personally would like either neon green or pink. Green would blend with grass, though, so that's out on practicality issues, and pink... well, I don't think it'll "win" the popular vote. Which is a travesty.

So, let's see if we can't get some solid neon orange or red FBR.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#33 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:53 PM

I would have to say a tie dye dart with a fourth of it red, green,pink and orange (neon). If it were in those colors I would pay 35 cents a foot. If not tie dye available then orange or yellow at 25 cents a foot.
QUOTE("One Man Clan@Oct 11 2007 @ 07:40 PM)

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

#34 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

I would have to say a tie dye dart with a fourth of it red, green,pink and orange (neon).

I'm...not sure that was an option.

Edited by AODL, 15 October 2007 - 04:47 PM.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#35 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

I would have to say a tie dye dart with a fourth of it red, green,pink and orange (neon).

I'm...not sure that was an option.

A guy can wish :)

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

#36 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

I found, oddly enough, yellow FBR in my school's auditorium. I'll measure it someday and see if it's 1/2 inch, and maybe ask my teacher where they got it. If your interested. But I'm still gonna measure it, and then take it if it's 1/2 inch.

#37 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

Hellz yeah I am interested. :)

Edited by vanpaun, 15 October 2007 - 09:01 PM.

#38 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:02 AM

I found, oddly enough, yellow FBR in my school's auditorium. I'll measure it someday and see if it's 1/2 inch, and maybe ask my teacher where they got it. If your interested. But I'm still gonna measure it, and then take it if it's 1/2 inch.

It is probably open cell acoustic foam. If thats the case this stuff is used to absorb sound and it would only make sense you found it in an auditorium. If the foam has holes on the sides its no good.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#39 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

Neon/Fluorescent Red @ 35 cents per foot.
Extremely durable foam would be worth the extra cost.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#40 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:31 PM

I said 15 cents,red (I play in sand :D),summer time.

#41 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:57 PM

Well I don't care much about the colors. I put green for sake of changing things up.

As for price, 35 cents / foot doesn't seem an unreasonable price--whatever helps you recover that $5000 quickly.

For me, modding season is the summer. Being away from home for school also takes me away from my garage, tools, and guns.

Goodluck with this, Angel, and thanks in advance for the huge contribution.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#42 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

I voted for red, seeing as it stands out in pretty much any environment. Also, I would pay up to 35 cents per foot if the foam is truly high quality. I also think its only fair that you make a little bit of money back for such a huge contribution to the NIC. Lastly, I modify my guns most during the summer months (and to a lesser extent, the winter) simply because of academic responsibilities during the school year.

#43 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:57 PM

I think I would definitely invest in some foam for durable stefans seeing that me and my friends lose stock darts to:

Plain old losing them,

Old wear and tear from use,

Cats,

Dogs,

Getting-so-soaked-in-water-that-you-have-to-work-to-damn-hard-to-clean-it-off-so-you-just-dump-it,

Stepping on darts and finally!

HAVING THE TOP RIPPED OFF.

We have wasted so many darts, it's time to invest in some good ones. Plus ranges and chances feeling the darts increase by 15-25% (it works for both!!!)
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#44 Tofu

Tofu

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

Wow. $5000 on your left nut...That would make some extremely good foam.

Neon red is the best because it is easier to find in the grass and in the blinding sunlight. Green would be hard to find on my lawn and such and orange is hard to find if its realy bright.

As for the cost, i would be willing to pay 35 cents per foot if it was some great foam. Hopefully the fit will be perfect in OMC's PETG like your previous darts.

Spring/summer is when nerfers usually go out.

If you do buy some great foam expect a purchase of around 100-150 feet soon. Hope it goes well.

Edited by Tofu, 20 October 2007 - 12:15 PM.

I eat air restrictors for breakfast.

QUOTE(P.C. III @ Jan 17 2008, 12:19 PM) View Post

A great nf can beat a crummy xbow...

^BS^

#45 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:47 AM

allright, so our eyes are most sensitive to about 625nm wavelength of light, which is a bright green. However, grass becomes a problem with green darts. yellow darts are now hard to come by stock, and is the closest relative to green, so I really recommend yellow, just based on this piece of information.
Updated 6/2/08
We are the proud members of University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society, summer plans are:
Weekly games and summer Dart o' War.
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

visit www.umdnerf.com for rules and forums or PM me for any questions. We always welcome outside players.

#46 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:49 AM

I voted orange because it seemed like a good colour (although, I'm used to grey, and anything beats that).

35 cents seems very reasonable, considering you can make about 7 darts from a foot.

As for modding, spring and summer are my #1s.

Edited by penguin807, 17 October 2007 - 10:50 AM.

#47 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:49 AM

I forgot to ask this in my first post. How will you be selling it? Are you going to be selling it like you did before( In bulk)? or are you going to be selling it by the foot? If you are selling it by the foot then I would pay 35 cents a foot. The reason why I didn't buy from you before was that it would cost me a lot of money to get some, but if you are going to be selling it by the foot then I will most likely get some.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#48 tucker

tucker

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:07 AM

I like the idea of orange the best because it seems that it would even be brighter than the red fbr. I'm tired of making 50 darts and then only finding 25 afterwards. Not to mention it would be sick. I would be totally willing to pay 35 cents for good quality orange fbr.

"We don't necessarily discriminate, we just exclude certain types of people"

#49 The Metal Bullet

The Metal Bullet

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

FORSAKEN!!!! I FOUND A SITE FOR YOU TO ORDER FBR FROM.... PM ME!

Seriously I may be able to save you.
Help With donating for the Wildfire's that are spreading... Join me and thousands of others at...CA Wildfire Red Cross

EARN EASY MONEY... 100's a month.

#50 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:56 PM

I would get in contact with WldWorld, his red foam was exceedingly dense. I just compared his red foam to yours and a few other brands and his was a significant amount denser. It also was thinner by a pretty large amount. It is a loose fit in many barrel materials and I can take some photos of it in different barrels and some photos of your red foam in different barrels as well.

I don't know if you ordered from the same company and it was an issue of the roll or possibly the humidity changes when shipping, but that has certainly been my experience. I'm sure One Man Clan will confirm what I've said as I did show him wldwrld's foam at one point, should he remember.
Tyranny Response Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users