Photo

Questions That Need Answering.

New nerfers and especially Veteran nerfers opinions needed.

61 replies to this topic

Poll: Questions (177 member(s) have cast votes)

What color of stefans is best for you!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How much would you be willing to pay per foot for the perfect foam material?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What season do people modify their guns the most?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:41 PM

Alright guys I need your help in answering these questions.
Please click on the choice that you believe to be true.

As far as the foam questions go. My current red fbr dealer just let me down and told me that they will no longer be making it in red. Only brown. I am going to be calling around to different companies to see if I can get a custom order done. That's right I may be making one of the greatest contributions to the NIC that has ever been done. I am looking into dropping the minimum $5000 order on a custom foam job. Specifically designed for us Nerfers. I have dreamt of a foam that is as bright as the red fbr I sold but has the density of the grey stuff we all started with. A foam so bright it can be seen from anywhere with a density that someone can step on and the dart can still be used. These Top-notch modifications are nothing if they aren't firing the very best in closed cell ammunition.
I am not doing this to make a profit, But to instead expand the NIC to greater heights. I will be selling the foam for cost plus $5 no matter how much you purchase. All profits go towards future modifications which also benefits the NIC.

As far as the final question goes, It is top secret.

Please respond if you want the color to be like Neon red and tell me why you want it a specific way.

Please answer honestly.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 08 October 2007 - 05:43 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

I see a neon orange foam as the best choice simply because it's going to be very easy to find, I mean, it's easier to find orange CDTDs outdoors compared to the normal grey found in stores and probably as bright if not brighter than your red FBR. If it was top-notch foam just like the grey stuff but bright orange, no doubt I would pay up to 35 cents for a foot. I'm always modding most of my guns more in the spring and summer, but it seems to be my best guns come out in the summertime.

Edited by deaddumpster, 08 October 2007 - 06:00 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#3 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:11 PM

Orange is the best color you have up there, in my humble opinion. I nerf with white darts and they work very well, so I would consider that too if I were you. I put springtime for modding since that's when Christmas season is over and most people are itching to get outside and test out their new toys. As far as price, it's really up to you since you'll be dropping the big bucks. But I'll say, I would be excited for orange foam.

#4 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:12 PM

How much foam does $5000 get you? I spent $40, and got 800 feet, I can't even imagine how big the container would be.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#5 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

Nerfing is way more than a hobby to you, isn't it? :angry:

I would pay 20 to 20 cents a foot. Nah...scratch that. Maybe even 35 cents. I don't really care as long as it's awesome material.

Thanks for being such an awesome member FA24.

Edited by Smashkirby, 08 October 2007 - 06:14 PM.

Quoting: My sister when she saw a picture of Groove.

"Daaaamn. That's one fine looking man"

Yeah. It was scary.

#6 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

if You could get Neon Green Foam with the same density and durability as the White foam from A Log Home Store, and I would gladly order an insane amount of it, the red you've been selling doesn't last very well(It gets soft too easy). If the foam was Neon, you could go back with a Blue LED of Black light flashlight later in the day and have superior Dart recovery.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 09 October 2007 - 12:00 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

I would spend 10 through 15 cents on the perfect foam. I chose the red cause that is a really good color. Well I just started modding in the summer time, so that is when I did the most of my mods.

I actually changed my mind on the color. I would want red over any other color.

Edited by Dayko, 09 October 2007 - 01:06 AM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#8 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

if You could get Neon Green Foam with the same density and durability as the White foam from A Log Home Store, and I would gladly order and insane amount of it, the red you've been selling doesn't last very well(It gets soft too easy). If the foam was Neon, you could go back with a Blue LED of Black light flashlight later in the day and have superior Dart recovery.

-bags

Not to mention the complete pimpin factor that neon green fbr would have. I also like your dart finding technique. That just inspired me to make something.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#9 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:25 PM

Well for the color i picked neon green because it's an awesome color and it would be easy to find. For the price i said 35 cents. And lastly I've made most of my mods in the summer because thats when i have the most time.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#10 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:28 PM

If the foam was Neon, you could go back with a Blue LED of Black light flashlight later in the day and have superior Dart recovery.

-bags

I don't think he meant true neon. If we do get fluorescent foam, however, I will shit my pants. I voted yellow foam, because orange will look too much like CDTD's and because yellow is my favorite color. I am willing to pay a dollar a foot for quality foam. I mod most of my guns in the summer, my friends and I have mod parties.

#11 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

if You could get Neon Green Foam with the same density and durability as the White foam from A Log Home Store, and I would gladly order and insane amount of it, the red you've been selling doesn't last very well(It gets soft too easy). If the foam was Neon, you could go back with a Blue LED of Black light flashlight later in the day and have superior Dart recovery.

-bags

Not to mention the complete pimpin factor that neon green fbr would have. I also like your dart finding technique. That just inspired me to make something.

it inspired me to. I think summer is when people mod the most. i am williing to pay 25 cents if its good foam.

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

#12 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:38 PM

I chose the red foam, because my eyes can pick up a lone red object faster than any other color. It is dark enough but bright enough to see when out doors.

Sometimes an orange dart can be harder to see in bright sunlight along with pink and yellow (although if the colors were neon, it may resolve this problem).

Green would be harder to spot among the grass so that, in my opinion, would be the worst colored foam because grass is the surface that most darts land on.

I do most of my modding in the winter time because I can't get outside as often because it gets dark fast and really cold sometimes up in the northeast. So when I have nothing to do, I just walk down into my basement and get to work.

Neon red foam would be great because anything that catches the eye easier would be better.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#13 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

-bags

it inspired me to. I think summer is when people mod the most. i am williing to pay 25 cents if its good foam.

It's a method I already use, because converted DTG stefans and My white foam with florescent Pink Hot glue stands out really well under those same lights. so If florescent green becomes a legit factor, I'm soo in, regardless of cost.

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#14 Chewbacca

Chewbacca

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:48 PM

Wow Forsaken, I'm actually really proud of you. Spending $5000 on FBR just for us nerfers...its just so awesome of you. I would personally prefer red FBR, and my second choice would be pink, as they are easy to spot, and just look so cool. I voted 35 cents per foot, because you deserve to get the money back that you payed for the FBR, and a little extra for doing such a cool thing. I mod most of my guns during Winter, because that's when the weather is worst over here, so no running around outside and shooting eachother then. Dude, you have just become my idol. Thank you.

#15 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:26 PM

I salute you Forsaken_angel. You are willing to spend $5000 on foam. Wow.

I modify nerf guns all year round though...

I'd pay 20-40 cents a foot and I would most likely choose red foam. After reading Chewbacca's post red foam seems to make the most sense.

Edited by six-five-two, 08 October 2007 - 07:55 PM.

#16 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

Angel, you are now officially (In my book, anyways) the most dedicated nerfer I've ever seen.

Now, for visibility, nothing beats orange. No contest. If you could find any neon colors, that would kick ass. And red is also a very visible color from a distance, so either orange or red would be good.

On the subject of price, I'd definetly be willing to pay 35 cents for this stuff, but like any other American, I wouldn't mind spending less.

As for season, I say Spring. The reason behing this is the fact that it is after the holidays, and people will be able to test out new mods outdoors without the fear of plastic parts shattrering from exposure to the cold.(Although Northern Nerfers may be the only ones that really have to worry. At some points during the winter in MN, it gets to be -40 F or worse.) Summer would also work, because of all the free time Elementary/High-School Nerfers would have.

Edited by AODL, 27 October 2007 - 10:31 PM.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#17 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

How much foam does $5000 get you? I spent $40, and got 800 feet, I can't even imagine how big the container would be.

I have spoken with one company so far.
Because it is a custom job.
I would be getting 30,000 feet for $5000
Thats 17 cents a foot before taxes
Lets keep in mind the last 200 feet or so on every spool is too crushed to make darts out of.
Thats 1200 feet of foam I can't sell.
which means I am paying 20 cents a foot for usable foam.

Now after that we factor in taxes, that would bring the cost up to about 26 cents per foot.
This is what I would be paying.

Now if I can find some way for them to package it carefully and keeping the last 200 feet on every spool from being crushed then the price would come down because there would be more foam to go around.

I chose the red foam, because my eyes can pick up a lone red object faster than any other color. It is dark enough but bright enough to see when out doors.

Green would be harder to spot among the grass so that, in my opinion, would be the worst colored foam because grass is the surface that most darts land on.

Neon red foam would be great because anything that catches the eye easier would be better.

This is sort of what I am feeling right now.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#18 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

That's commitment! I voted 30-35 cents. Mainly becuase I don't care how much I have to pay, for good foam it's worth it. And I think you deserve it, because you've been contributing so much.

#19 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:36 PM

Dang forsaken, you are really a cool nerfer and a great contributor.... [who didn't know that] you make me look like a butthole for selling my stuff and holding back the mod for 2 months. Orange is definitely the best for visibility, and if it's good, I'd pay 50 cents a foot, man. Summer is when most guns are modded I'd say. When you said the red foam was out, I was almost heartbroken, but now this is looking like a better scene then when we had it.
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#20 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:54 PM

I chose orange foam just because it will be real easy to spot, and we have already gotten red foam so it would be cool to get a new color.

If you could get blue that would be pretty sweet.

"Gnarly mask, like it was the last one. Laters bra."

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 08 October 2007 - 08:58 PM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#21 kingshane50

kingshane50

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:56 PM

Sometimes an orange dart can be harder to see in bright sunlight along with pink and yellow (although if the colors were neon, it may resolve this problem).

I do most of my modding in the winter time because I can't get outside as often because it gets dark fast and really cold sometimes up in the northeast. So when I have nothing to do, I just walk down into my basement and get to work.

^
I agree completely. I also mod mostly in winter and I woodsnerf/fieldnerf and I find it hard to recover many darts. Neon red (not pink, but bright or neon red) would solve this problem.
QUOTE(DarkInfection @ Nov 5 2007, 05:32 PM) View Post

"The eye, is the groin of the face."

#22 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:34 PM

You could sell the crushed foam at reduced prices for silencing purposes.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#23 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:34 PM

As far as color goes, neon green would be awesome, but the chances that it would be easy to see are slim. Neon/Bright Red, Pink, or blue would be my top choices. I mod in the summer and would be willing to 30-35 cents per foot.
Would dimensions be the same as your red foam?

#24 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:49 PM

Something to think about: What sort of outside coating would work the best for sliding along the inside of barrels? (if that is a changable option if you order)
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#25 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:10 PM

What color of stephens are best for you?
I'm going to say red. It is the easiest to spot. Neon green would blend in with plants way to well.

How much would you be willing to pay per foot for the perfect foam material?
I voted 35¢. But I would be willing to pay up to 50¢ per foot if the foam was red. If it was any other color I would only be willing to pay 35¢ to 40¢.

What season do people modify their guns the most?
That would deffinetly be summer. Mainly because durring school I don't get home untill about 8:20 every night because after school walk to a gymnastics center and do gymnastics for from 4:00 to 8:00. Then when I get home I have to do homework.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users