Nitefinder Cocking Slide Ii

Shorty Edition

10 replies to this topic

#1 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:09 PM

I want to thank Nerfturtle and my father for this mod. Nerfturtle for beginning the idea, and my father for helping me faburicate it.

This is basically Nerfturtle's mod but more cleaner (No offence). I used left over Aluminum L's and faburicated 2x4 wood to make it. The L's on the top are the rails that go on the rails of the NiteFinder. The metal piece wrapped around the wood keeps the rails from comming off. And thanks basically it. I can unscrew it and put it on any other NiteFinder now. I plan to paint it black of course and put a reverse spring so the cocking mechanium can come back like the Scout or CrossFire

This NiteFinder gets 50Ft average. AR removed and CPVC barrel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Shorty, 06 October 2007 - 04:09 PM.

I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

Looks great but this would be tough to cock if a spring replacement was done.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:32 PM

Thats awesome. You should make kits.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#4 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:28 PM

Nice, looks way cleaner than mine. I really like how the L pieces curve into the sides of the rail to keep it steady.
Now hook this up to a breach, because that might not happen for a while now because of my latest project.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#5 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:48 PM

Huh... It seems a little impractical to be completely honest with you. Maybe it's better for you, but I honestly think it would be easier to just pull the stock cocker arm. But hey, its your mod and I respect that you did it and it actually works. Well done!
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#6 Chewbacca

Chewbacca

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

I agree with Banshee, it does seem a bit unpractical, but nonetheless, cool mod. I think it was done because some mods are impractical, but are something you want to try, and just see if it works. An example: A singled maverick. Pointless, yes, but fun to use.

#7 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:41 PM

Huh... It seems a little impractical to be completely honest with you. Maybe it's better for you, but I honestly think it would be easier to just pull the stock cocker arm. But hey, its your mod and I respect that you did it and it actually works. Well done!

I agree with Banshee, it does seem a bit unpractical, but nonetheless, cool mod. I think it was done because some mods are impractical, but are something you want to try, and just see if it works. An example: A singled maverick. Pointless, yes, but fun to use.

I think that the point of this is to attach the sliding mech to a breech so that the breech will open and close when you cock the gun. I am doing something similar to this but with a shotgun grip.

#8 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

I think that the point of this is to attach the sliding mech to a breech so that the breech will open and close when you cock the gun. I am doing something similar to this but with a shotgun grip.

Thanks everyone,
Nah this mod I only did because I though it looked cool and I got bored of NiteFinder. :P
Uh how are you doing a shotgun grip mod on a NF? Unless you''re talking about the LS. I like the idea of selling kits though; but as soon as i improve the design.
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#9 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:55 PM

Thanks everyone,
Nah this mod I only did because I though it looked cool and I got bored of NiteFinder. :P
Uh how are you doing a shotgun grip mod on a NF? Unless you''re talking about the LS. I like the idea of selling kits though; but as soon as i improve the design.

My NiteFinder is made with a pvc nested breech barrel, with a SLIGHTLY wider brass/pvc/petg/cpvc over top and deodorant clips. I used 2'' in diameter pvc to make a handle and put a rod through the cocking handle and the handle. One pump opens the breech, loads a dart, and cocks the NiteFinder. Gravity with a small bit of metal on top works wonderfully to help the clip. I am not posting a write up because of lack of pictures.

An easier thing to do is mod a ls front gun. The pump cocks the gun so little modification necessary. A boom13 ghetto box clip would work to load A LOT of darts. I use blood tears to kill up close. I have tracing paper/wax paper to make a 3-4 blood tear shotgun dart cartridge.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#10 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:47 PM

Very nice mod, Love the silencer. Some say this is impractical, but I love mods purely for aesthetics.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#11 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:08 PM

Thanks everyone,
Nah this mod I only did because I though it looked cool and I got bored of NiteFinder. :angry:
Uh how are you doing a shotgun grip mod on a NF? Unless you''re talking about the LS. I like the idea of selling kits though; but as soon as i improve the design

I did mean a NiteFinder and I am basing the mod off of a airsoft shot gun. I also might use it on my first homemade depending on how it works on the NiteFinder. I would show you my plans but I want to be the first to do it and I want to make a write-up for it.

Edited by Foam_Shooter, 08 October 2007 - 05:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users