Happy Birthday, Nerfmonkey!

26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

Happy birthday to one of my favorite (former) NerfHQ admins, NerfMonkey! I hope you are having a good sixteenth.

#2 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:56 PM

Happy Birthday, NerfMonkey

I would have met you at PANO. What a waste of time that day turned out to be...

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#3 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

Happy Birthday, NerfMonkey :w00t: ill drink a pepsi for you, have a good one.

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:08 PM

Happy Birthday!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#5 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:25 PM

Happy birthday man. Maybe this means more mobility when it comes around to next year's nerf season.

#6 crazyguy

crazyguy

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

Happy Birthday!

#7 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

Have a good one, dude.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#8 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

Happy Birthday!
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#9 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:58 PM

Only 16? Wow. For a moderator, I mean.

Personally, I think all the birthday threads are a waste of time. Can't you Just PM 'em or something.

Anyways, happy birthday.

Edited by el swifto, 04 October 2007 - 06:58 PM.

#10 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:10 PM

Wouldn't you feel kinda awkward PMing somebody who you don't even know to say "Happy birthday"? Plus, it's nice for the birthday'd people to see how many people like them enough to post in the thread.

#11 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:56 PM

Wouldn't you feel kinda awkward PMing somebody who you don't even know to say "Happy birthday"? Plus, it's nice for the birthday'd people to see how many people like them enough to post in the thread.

Hey you want to make a thread for everyone that has a birthday?

My sister's birthday is tomorrow...Would you like to make a thread for it?
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#12 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:07 PM

Since you asked so nicely, I will. How old is she turning?

#13 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

Since you asked so nicely, I will. How old is she turning?

Brass, ask your mother.

#14 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:19 PM

Thanks. I'm having a nice birthday.

Also congratulations to substance abuse on winning the first and probably last "I dislike you" of the day!

<3
SexD Warves

#15 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:44 PM

Thanks. I'm having a nice birthday.

Also congratulations to substance abuse on winning the first and probably last "I dislike you" of the day!

<3

Yeah because I don't think the forums should be spammed with birthday topics... Not just birthday topics... Birthday topics of such unimportant people...

OMC and Piney I can see... Boltsniper and Captain Slug I can see...

Not Nerfmonkey who was admin at a "1337" Nerf Site.

Brass, ask your mother.

#16 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

OK, if you're going to flame me or NerfMonkey, create another topic titled "Flaming yourface and NerfMonkey" or PM us. Get this shit about NerfHQ and me out of here.

#17 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:48 PM

Dude, no one gives a fuck about you just drop it and stop being jealous that hes more important than you.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#18 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

OK, if you're going to flame me or NerfMonkey, create another topic titled "Flaming yourface and NerfMonkey" or PM us. Get this shit about NerfHQ and me out of here.

You deserve it. Piney said a while ago, enough with the shit birthday threads... And what is this?

Dude, no one gives a fuck about you just drop it and stop being jealous that hes more important than you.

Kiss their asses a little more please. Your Pathetic.

Brass, ask your mother.

#19 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:03 PM

Substance Abuse you are a faggot.

Nerf Monkey is an important member of this forum because he actually contributes stuff. Unlike you who just posts to show everyone how stupid you are. He is also an important member of the nic because he makes the efforts to come to wars which are usually something like 7 hours away from him.

Happy Birthday Mike.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#20 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

Weird how lot's of threads turn into arguments. I wonder why?

Before this gets more out of control, happy b-day NerfMonkey. Have a good one.
Nuckin' Futz

#21 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

Happy Birthday Nerf monkey! It was your cpvc'd RF20 that helped inspire the Eyes of fire. For this I thank you!
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#22 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:02 PM

Even though I don't know you, I know your address....Haha.

Happy Birthday, NerfMonkey!
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#23 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:16 PM

I'd first like to say, Mike, 16 already? Have a good one and good luck on that permit test :lol:

Substance Abuse, I'm glad you find the site that Nerfmonkey, myself, and many other members of Nerfhaven have helped make. And calling it elite, that puts it above 1336, right?

The moral of the story here is that the nerfing community doesn't revolve around 4 people. In fact, it takes a lot of people. Without NerfMonkey, the Big Blast certainly wouldn't have any obscene names. I don't think it's unfair to say that Mike is probably one of the best long range shooters active on the East Coast. You may have noticed that the current administating teams on both forums were really trying to push the "Get out there and Nerf" sentiments, especially people like Evil, who I would say was the center of that. He organized the largest war on the East coast yet! And for every person that goes to a war, the community moves toward it's real purpose, getting people to nerf. And Nerfmonkey consistently goes to wars in the midwest and the northeast!

And other people who aren't as well known are equally important, if I hadn't got my point across. Here is an example on a totally different note. Blister wrote the best SM1k mod guide yet. In fact, he has written the only SuperMaxxx 1000 guide. In fact, very few people have successfully modded an SM1K.

-Crank'

Edited by Crankymonky, 04 October 2007 - 10:41 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#24 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:25 PM

You deserve it. Piney said a while ago, enough with the shit birthday threads... And what is this?

Oh really? You're a fucking tool - there is not one word about birthday threads on this list. Previously, I was neutral about them, but since you're against them, I'm 100% for them.

We also have noticed an abundance, a growth if you will, of forum threads and discussions with the following types of characteristics.

-- More "what is your favorite_____________" threads.

-- More "Concept and Idea" threads, of which many, by the poster's own admission, will never come to pass (or what I call the " I'd try this but I don't have money or time to do it" wet dreams). All talk, no substance.

-- Lots and lots of repetitive questions asked, and when the poster is asked if the "Search" function is used, they respond in affirmative, when in actuality a quick search reveals all the information the poster had requested, often within seconds.

-- Generally a lot of posts that violate the NerfHaven Code of Conduct, mainly the one about "Do not post unless you have something significant to add. Or what I call the "That's cool!" and nothing more posts.

-- New users claiming to be "long time lurkers", who haven't a clue how things are run here, and end up being post-whoring thread mongers.

-- Every third or fourth member wants a custom avatar, or something added to the library, or pictures or ASCII rabbits in their signatures.

-- (My personal pet peeve along with lying on the forums); Backseat moderators who decide that a couple dozen posts on NH qualifies them to become the forum bully or three.

It seems like you pop on every few weeks to start flame wars in OT, and say that you're not going to be able to attend a certain war for whatever reason. How about this - leave until you decide to do one of the following:
A) Attend a war
B) Post a mod or homemade
C) Contribute in some other form

Have a good one Mike - don't be worried about the permit test either - anyone with half a brain(pretty sure you have a whole one ;) ) can pass it without even reading the book.

#25 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:22 PM

Here's to (atleast) 16 more years of being awesome.
Here's what comes to mind when I contemplate what and ideal Admin would be like.
Posted Image

Edited by CaptainSlug, 04 October 2007 - 11:26 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users