Nerf Site Directory

is it a good idea?

10 replies to this topic

Poll: Nerf Site Directory

Is it a good idea?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:29 PM

Well, I haven't contributed much of anything to the NIC, and I want to change that. We have a directory for mods, one for homemades, and one for videos. The only thing we're missing is a site directory. A Nerf Site Directory, ideally, would have links to as many Nerf sites as possible. This would open up a large array of content to NerfHaven members. I'm not saying the content here isn't good, but there is a lot floating around on the web that, to the best of my knowledge, isn't posted here.

So, is this a good idea? All comments and criticisms are welcome.

EDIT -- Who voted "fuck off"? That was sort of a joke option.

Edited by yourface, 28 September 2007 - 06:06 PM.

#2 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:00 PM

I guess it would be a good idea, but not a phenomenally great idea. I might just be easier to use google.

Adding in a google search function to search on all "nerf" sites would be a possiblity.

Hmmm...

~Swifto

#3 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

There already is one. www.gravitynerf.com
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#4 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

There already is one. www.gravitynerf.com

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. This topic is now null and void.

#5 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:28 PM

Wouldn't be more convenient to add it to here, especially for people who don't know about gravtynerf.com?

Wouldn't it be more convenient if we had one here though? Especially for people who don't know about gravitynerf.com.

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:37 PM

Wouldn't be more convenient to add it to here, especially for people who don't know about gravtynerf.com?

Wouldn't it be more convenient if we had one here though? Especially for people who don't know about gravitynerf.com.

No. We are all about nerf, not kissin' ass and suckin' dick online. Why would someone want to know about a site lesser devoted to nerf?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#7 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:02 AM

Pre-hack Nerfhaven had a tab for links. When you clicked on the tab it said it was "in progress" or something. I guess it was never finished because the tab was removed after the site was redesigned.

As for me, I'd like a nerf site directory. It wouldn't even have to be just links to other nerf sites, it could be a directory that links to anything that inspires new mods or homemades. Spudfiles, Wikipedia, Howstuffworks, and Warpig's paintball site are all websites that I've used when planning a mod.

#8 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:50 AM

Nah. Nerf site directories are a thing of the past.

Then Nerf Haven came. Seriously, I get all my nerf fix just coming here to the forums. I don't really see the need to visit any other site for anything else nerf-related.

I guess that's just my preference, though (hope I didn't offend any of you website owners).
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#9 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

The only reason I go to Nerf HQ anymore is to use there site directory. Granted, Nerfhaven has a lot of good stuff, but evil angels site, for example, has articles which are not here, and are quite good.
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

#10 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:56 PM

As far as most of us are concerned, there are only two main Nerf forums. NerfHaven and Nerf HQ are those two. Then there are satellite sites such as NerfX and Foam Universe. Orange's web page and 3DBBQ's sites are examples of ones with no forums, but still useful information.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#11 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:23 AM

I say no. There are only 3 or four good forums out there, and that would be a waste.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users