Your Day Of Nerfing

50 replies to this topic

#26 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:03 PM

Back story part 1: Last summer, we cleaned our game room (also 1/2 of my nerf workplace). All of my nerf modifications (finished, unfinished, and not yet begun) got put in bins which were subsequently buried. Due to my laziness, I spent the last month of summer not nerfing.

Back story 2: I went home from college this weekend.

Today: I got my nerf stuff out from under an avalanche of my brother's crap, played with my modded NF, debated whether or not to take the NF to college with me, and decided not to until I asked an RA for clarification of the "no weapons" rule. Once I got back in the dorm, I spent some time regretting my decision and, finally, went on NH and found this topic.

In all, a day of progress followed by a bad decision.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#27 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

Finally got some ranges on my hidden shot
Shot 1: 37
Shot 2. 42
Shot 3: 45
Shot 4: 15 (Dud dart, I swear!)
Shot 5: 39

Not bad for something so small, Rose-art barrel too.

#28 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:36 AM

Last night I spent trying to get the damn firefly turret open.Help?
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#29 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:31 PM

Last night I spent trying to get the damn firefly turret open.Help?

Uh it's a tad bit tricky. I nearly broke mine doing it, so be careful; you have to put a flathead into the wedge between the white thing and the rest of the turret. Then you keep pushing it off.

#30 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

Why do so many people put couplers on the end of their barrels? Does it reduce fishtailing by allowing the excess air to expand?

#31 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:02 PM

So you can load darts into the back of the barrel instead of having to ramrod them all the way down. This decreases reload time if you can practice it a little bit, and you don't have to fumble around with a long stick to shove darts down your barrel. Also, you need to load darts in the back if you have a nested barrel (ex: 17/32" brass in the back leading to 9/16").
It also allows you to use several different barrels, either having several preloaded barrel for faster reload, or barrels that do different things (shoot megas, shotgunned, etc.).

#32 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:03 PM

So you can load darts into the back of the barrel instead of having to ramrod them all the way down. This decreases reload time if you can practice it a little bit, and you don't have to fumble around with a long stick to shove darts down your barrel. Also, you need to load darts in the back if you have a nested barrel (ex: 17/32" brass in the back leading to 9/16").
It also allows you to use several different barrels, either having several preloaded barrel for faster reload, or barrels that do different things (shoot megas, shotgunned, etc.).

I meant on the front of their barrels. See Springer's picture in this thread if you don't get what I mean.

#33 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:14 PM

I think its just a way to make you gun look "cooler"

40 shots for 40 cocks

#34 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

I suppose so. I guess it would dalso make pulling the barrels out easier.

#35 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:25 PM

Yah, I'm reviving this. I like writing about my day of Nerfing.

Today I went to my first "war", and it was awesome. Only 4 other kids, but amazing none the less. We played 3/15 a couple times and then Iron Man, followed by some pistol rounds. Team Slaya sold me his LBB, and this gun has amazed both my family and myself. Fenix chilled with me till my dad came, and I shot the crap out of my sister. All in all, this was a great day for me.

#36 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:31 PM

I haven't done anything. I got pissed off and broke my Dremel, can't get a new one for another week. And I had so much plans.

#37 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

I made about 100 stefans put ,a coupler on my big blast and my nf, and got a Rf20 + an autogrip.

40 shots for 40 cocks

#38 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:00 PM

I almost finished my second homemade, modded my crappy LS, and started an assasin style NF.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#39 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:45 PM

Modded my 9 year old neighbor's Firefly, fixed my NF and Big Blast, and me and my neighbor shot each other with stock guns.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#40 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:49 PM

Last night I purchased and a set of SMDTGs and took out the ARs. Unfortunately, I don't have any appropriate barrel materials. I think I might not plug the overpressure release valve, because that way if I shoot one dart I can just repump it without having to fire the other two first.

I also put a rather odd breech on my Titan. In addition to not having to ram a dart or use a coupler, I think it may have reduced the power enough to be war-legal (though I haven't actually shot myself pointblank with it yet). I think I may put one or both of my SMDTGs on it, too.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#41 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

On guns like the BBB, the couplers on the end of barrels (CPVC coupler and barrel, 1/2") allow for the missiles that come with the gun to be fired directly from the barrel. However, since the barrel is a long bit that wastes the air needed to push the missile very far, it isn't as effective as just having a separate barrel for missiles. Unless the barrel length was tailored to the arrow in the first place.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#42 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

However, since the barrel is a long bit that wastes the air needed to push the missile very far, it isn't as effective as just having a separate barrel for missiles.

English grammar is necessary in the haven Shadow Hunter Alpha...

Anyways, I put a pvc on my nf, put a laser pointer/flashlight on it, and used the nub from the nitefinder to make a funny 8 inch blowgun...I;m going to add my sight on it too...

It's just as effective as putting a crossbow on a (small) radio controlled car...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#43 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

After months of working off and on on my breached air rifle, I finished it today. I'm just gluing the handle of the bolt on as me speak. I'm not sure if it goes in Modification picture thread or Homemade because it is made out of a titan. Uses the airtank and pump but the stock, breach, and everything else in custom. I also finished a tin of about 50 mega stefans and started in on another box of micros.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#44 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:57 PM

Excuse you Lynx. The dart barrel is a long part (synonomous in some cases and references to bit, piece, portion, etc.) that wastes the air needed to push the missile very far. Therefore, it is not as effective as having a separate barrel for missiles and/or arrows. Not to say that my first post had the best word choice, but it was technically correct. Perhaps you should read your own posts before criticizing mine.

BN: It depends. Is the Titan simply re-shelled or were there extra parts (new air tank, new pump, a new way of pulling the trigger) added. The former belongs in modifications unless the case is something new and difficult or adventagoeus to design/have, and the latter goes in homemades. At least, that's my understanding of the line between the two.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#45 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:10 PM

Excuse you Lynx. The dart barrel is a long part (synonomous in some cases and references to bit, piece, portion, etc.) that wastes the air needed to push the missile very far. Therefore, it is not as effective as having a separate barrel for missiles and/or arrows. Not to say that my first post had the best word choice, but it was technically correct. Perhaps you should read your own posts before criticizing mine.

BN: It depends. Is the Titan simply re-shelled or were there extra parts (new air tank, new pump, a new way of pulling the trigger) added. The former belongs in modifications unless the case is something new and difficult or adventagoeus to design/have, and the latter goes in homemades. At least, that's my understanding of the line between the two.

I think I'll put it in Mods because of Customsnake's AT2k shotgun. I based my gun off that but it got really out of controll when my friend gave me a titan for helping him pay for a red dot scope for his .22. But I will take pictures tomorow and post as soon as I can.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#46 NerferKid

NerferKid

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:32 PM

Today,I shot my friend in the genitals with a 2k,breech modded/deoderant clipped another at2k,fixed my crappy nite-finder barrel,made a 2k stock and covered it with foam tape,lost an ebay auction (sp?) with a splitfire,sm3k yellow,old edition nite finder,and I think a pulsator.Something that shot rings.
...thing happens to mine sometimes, stick your finger in the barrel to make it air tight, then pump a couple times to re-close it... If that doesnt work then you have to open it up and pull the rod back.For me I have to pump 55 and I get a shot that can break through soft wood, consistantly.-rokor

#47 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

The ring-shootng gun was a vortex gun.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#48 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:10 PM

Today I temporarily gave up on my Angel Big Bad Bow and just epoxied a CPVC coupler to it. I also officially finished Big/Biggish/Bigger Salvo. While I had the epoxy out I did the clean CPVC coupler mod on the Nite Finder. I am very pleased with the results since my Big Bad Bow maxed out at 100', my Big Salvo is rediculous and it looks like it shoots a wall of foam, and my Nite Finder is going a realistic 75' and it has a good rate of fire. Hurray :D

#49 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:34 PM

100 FEET OUT A CPVC'D BBB?

R U FO CEREAL???? You didn't upgrade the spring???? How did you do it???
Timothy M-Lick <3

#50 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

I think you forgot the magical modifications with the magical stefans!-lynx

You already added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole it once...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users