Photo

Clipped Nf Mod

Only attempt if you have the right sized tubes...

10 replies to this topic

#1 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:26 AM

I wasn't even going to post this write-up because it didn't work for my old NF... but it was requested by few good members, so...

You'll need 2 different sized tubes. 1 tube that will fit stefans (1/2" or whatever you prefer), and the 2nd tube to fit the smaller tube. (It must fit it perfectly, meaning that it can allow the smaller tube to slide in and out with very little force applied, but it MUST NOT have too much of a gap between the 2 tubes).

Hot glue/epoxy/goop

E-tape

a LS clip

T-joint (Preferably a PVC T-joint)

and a tube that fits in your hand nicely.... like a 1" PVC tube that's connected to an adapter to fit inside the middle joint of the T-joint.

Probably a dremel/rotary tool...

Before we start, here's a pic of how the gun should NOT LOOK LIKE!!

Posted Image

What's wrong with that pic?

Well, the outer barrel is made from the LS Front gun faux upper barrel, so with the ridges inside it, it allows all of the air to escape, not to mention that even w/o the ridges, it's slightly too big for the copper barrel, so that too is allowing all the air to escape.

But wait, that's not all...

This next problem can be fixed easily, but I'm too tired to do it myself...
the problem is, when you fire the gun, the plunger gets such a powerful bang (especially if you rubber-band it), that the clip actually jumps forward about 1/8". You can correct this problem by using some E-tape to keep it in place, or even better, rubber bands.... etc. So the only real big problem that I encountered was the lack of proper tubes... but most of you guys don't have that problem, so you can probably do this mod easily...

If you have any questions (NOT THAT YOU SHOULD... at least not for this mod)
Just ask, and I'll try to answer whenever I can (If I know how to fix it).

Posted Image

Very simple to do if you only have the materials at hand right?

In case anyone cares, this idea was actually from my friend Jeff (The guy that gets my modded guns for free... yeah... even the clipped BBB).
He asked if I could make a clipped NF, and so the next day... BAM!!
It's "clipped", and looks pretty clean, it just has the worst seal problem ever (Mine, not yours... I'm sure with the right materials, you guys will do fine).
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#2 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:56 AM

Thank you!

I think 1/2" PETG and 5/8" PETG would work good. Will try this tommorow.

Edited by six-five-two, 19 September 2007 - 12:58 AM.

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:11 AM

thankyou so much for this. i have been dreaming of nerf making a clip fed pistol. just because it would look cool. i have one question though.

if i use a clip in it how do i get it out? or can it only be used in this once i make it??

#4 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:11 AM

If you add the foregrip, it would have to be detachable (NOT GLUED ON), and then you'd slide the clip forward.
It ain't the most efficient clipped NF.... it's the only 1... (That's actually not comfirmed yet, since I haven't the time to check).

#5 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:02 AM

KBarker did a clipped NF, but it involved a lot of heavy machining. I like yours better, just because it's actually possible to replicate without a drillpress and lathe. This is pretty handy, it increases the ROF by a lot.

#6 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:11 PM

so if you were to glue the forgrip on then once you fired the six/seven shots you could never reload? that would suck. i wont add a forgrip so i wont have to worry.

#7 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

I'm sorry KF, when i responded I was rushing to work... when I was at work, I remembered what you asked and I thought about it some more.
You CAN GLUE the foregrip onto your barrel (inner tube) and it'll be fine. Since the inner tube is not attached to the outer tube, whenever you need to swap on a diff clip, you just pull the foregrip forward. This will pull the entire inner tube out of the outer tube, and nothing will block your next mag from inserting itself.

So long paragraph -> short.

Glue the foregrip onto/around your inner barrel.
When you need to change clips, just pull the foregrip completely forward until it's detached from the outer barrel.
Put next clip on.
Insert the foregripped barrel back into the outer tube.

#8 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:00 PM

I am going to try making a real world write up (not paint drawings) of this with 5/8" and 1/2" PETG.

#9 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:36 AM

I am going to try making a real world write up (not paint drawings) of this with 5/8" and 1/2" PETG.

What size darts do you plan on using? Stefans made from 1/2" FBR actually have a diameter closer to .51". It's a small difference but is enough to prevent micro Stefans from firing from 1/2" ID PETG (I would know, I bought 18 feet of the stuff.)

#10 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

Well so far this write up is.. a failure.

#11 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:09 PM

thankyou. i would like to add this. .5 inch cpvc fits almost perfect in the pump tube to the at2k. you know. the little blue tube that the pump goes into. thats what i plan on using.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users