Photo

Magstrike Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

Does the air always leak out of the bladder? Or do I have a leaky gun?
It takes the air about 15-30 minutes to leak out of the bladder. Is this normal?

Edited by Dayko, 17 September 2007 - 05:15 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#2 Mike7822

Mike7822

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:22 PM

I am pretty sure that always happens. With my unmodded magstrike it leaks out too. I think it could be the valve that release air after about 30 pumps. I've also noticed that the more you use the gun the more you have to pump. Up to about 35 pumps. I started to pump about 25 pumps and now its more like 35 pumps.

-Mike
Murphy's Law of Combat Operations
---------------------------------------
- If at first you don't succeed, call in an air strike.
- If you need an officer in a hurry take a nap.
- When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not your friend.

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

It's the overpressure valve that's doing that.

But something to note: Latex is also a porous medium and could never be considered to be 100% air-tight. Just remember how much air eventually escapes from a balloon as you leave it inflated for more than 1 day. The same can be said of flexible PVC tubing. But they're not going to leak at the rate you're talking about.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 17 September 2007 - 06:24 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:55 PM

So I probably have a hole in the bladder?

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#5 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:01 PM

No. The material that the bladder is manufactured from is not completely airtight, so there are bound to be leaks. Especially in pressurized bladders with intact OPRVs, the air will find a way out of the membrane. This doesn't mean a damage-related leak, but it can be a leak from something such as the valve or the porous material of the bladder itself. I suggest plugging the OPRV to reduce this, but you shouldn't leave any air gun, ones with bladders in particular, pressurized for more than 10 minutes or so. Just like you never store a spring gun (that has had an additional or upgraded spring installed) while it is cocked.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users