Photo

Mini Bikes, Pocket Bikes Whatever

22 replies to this topic

#1 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

I was wondering (wow that phrase comes up alot around here) if anybody here owns a minibike. It doesnt have to be a bike, it can be anything on wheels thats powered by an electric or gas motor.

I currently have an electric scooter I won from Six Flags. I plan to sell it at a pawn shop for one of these. I know its expensive and it probably sucks. Since I'm only 100lbs and 5'0, it should be fun for doing wheelies, not speed. I can get one for $150 at Walmart anyways.

So you guys can show what you got. I want what I asked in the first paragraph. I dont want no ass talking about how they suck, and you should get the real one. So you got any stories? Spills?
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:14 PM

I own an e-bike, top speed of 20 mph, capable of up to 60 miles on one charge. I love it, it's great for commuting (although I mainly used it for traveling 15-20 miles one way to work).
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#3 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

What kind of bike is it? You know a pic would help. Is it street legal?
I love imports.

#4 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:02 PM

I want to get a little weed eater engine, and put a small wheel on it's shaft, and then put that wheel directly onto a big wheel (plastic trycicles). Since the wheels are plastic it would just spin radically until i slowly pick up enough speed, then I wouldn't need a clutch.

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:40 PM

I have this ($190)
Posted Image
But I just ordered this ($800)
Posted Image

Trust me, the pocket bike is not going to do wheelies while you're on it. The one I have now is basically made from the same parts, only with a different frame.
I'm about to replace the batteries and switch out the innertubes on my MX350 so I can get it ready to sell. If you would like to buy it for cheap let me know.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 17 September 2007 - 09:48 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:28 PM

Glad you bought an e-bike, I'm bringing mine down to university this weekend. Next year I'm looking at one that has a higher weight capacity, and perhaps will go over the legal limit imposed on us (20 mph). The one I have will do 20mph, and can carry up to 220 lbs, but the one I want to get can carry 350 lbs, and can go up to 35 mph (well over the legal limit here, but what the cops don't see can't hurt them). The good thing is, the new one only costs $1900 CAD, plus good 'ole government funding, taxes.

Edited by Prometheus, 17 September 2007 - 10:28 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#7 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

I used to have a homemade car thingie powered by a start motor from a Chevy van. It accelerated fast as hell but the battery only lasted a short while. It's too small for me now so I have to build another one.
QUOTE(VACC @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) View Post

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#8 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:18 PM

I have this ($190)
Posted Image
But I just ordered this ($800)
Posted Image

Trust me, the pocket bike is not going to do wheelies while you're on it. The one I have now is basically made from the same parts, only with a different frame.
I'm about to replace the batteries and switch out the innertubes on my MX350 so I can get it ready to sell. If you would like to buy it for cheap let me know.

i mean like little short wheelies, not a long one. If you're selling me the MX350, I dont want it. if you are talking about this

Posted Image

I buy it for $100
I love imports.

#9 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

Get a little 50cc scooter. It may not do wheelies, but it'll get you going to 40 mph and you don't need a motorcycle license to drive it.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#10 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:32 PM

Get a little 50cc scooter. It may not do wheelies, but it'll get you going to 40 mph and you don't need a motorcycle license to drive it.

Ahem

I plan to sell it at a pawn shop for one of these. I know its expensive and it probably sucks. Since I'm only 100lbs and 5'0, it should be fun for doing wheelies, not speed. I can get one for $150 at Walmart anyways.

I love imports.

#11 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:51 PM

Those two posts don't relate to each other at all...

My point is a little scooter will not only have more range, more speed, and more sex appeal, It will be more useful.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#12 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:56 PM

Yoo must have misunderstood, or maybe I didnt mention it, whatever, I was just gonna use it as a toy man. I mean, did you notice the size of the thing? If I was gonna use it for something, I think I would have gotten something better. :o
I love imports.

#13 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

Since you mentioned the word spill, I was at my friend's party and he has two pocket bikes. We took them to the park and played around. At the park there is a downhill path and I took but my friend was on the other side right after a turn on a scooter. I told him to get out of the way but he didnt. I hit the brakes but decided to keep on going. What I didnt know was that there was a ditch and guess what happened. I flew about 5 ft from the jump. I was probably going 25mph. People said I looked like I was superman or somethin'.
QUOTE(deaddumpster @ Jun 25 2008, 04:59 AM) View Post

Don't pry.......and gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

#14 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:52 PM

I hope you had a helmet. Thats the problem these days. Any thing that you can ride on (like a pocketbike), no matter if it goes 7 mph, always wear a helmet people.
I love imports.

#15 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

Nope! But I landed in grass so I was fine.
QUOTE(deaddumpster @ Jun 25 2008, 04:59 AM) View Post

Don't pry.......and gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

#16 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:00 PM

I own a pocket rocket... Gas powered and I can go about 50 with the governor on and about 65-75 without the restrictor.

One time I was joyriding by my town high school and the throttle just wouldn't release... So going about 60 MPH I had no clue what to do... If I would have jumped off the bike and let go it would have killed a car that was passing by... So I am thinking of a way out of this fucked up situation when before I know it I'm laying in a hospital with my head gushing blood and a wooden tree branch through my arm.

They are very dangerous even though I still ride mine... But I was stupid and never wore a helmet.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#17 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:00 PM

And your parents still let you? Then again never mind if you're 18+. Wow God must like you. ^_^ But damn man 70mph+! You crazy! :wacko: How many cc is on it?
I love imports.

#18 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

This is the one I have.... http://www.minipocke...er-pocket-bike/

110 CC... Quickest pocket bike known so far.

Brass, ask your mother.

#19 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

Damn substance, might as well get a real one! How much did you pay for it? Nat bad for $600. Thats some high quality non-Made in China shit you got there.
I love imports.

#20 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

Don't diss the Chinese, all of our precious Nerf guns are made over there. The lesson here is: Don't lick your guns, no matter how sexy they look.

#21 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

Don't diss the Chinese, all of our precious Nerf guns are made over there. The lesson here is: Don't lick your guns, no matter how sexy they look.

Yeah no shit. :rolleyes:
I aint dissing them. Its just that most of the bootleg products that you think are reliable always breaks down. Thats why good minibikes (That is ninja style) are hard to find without them having no brandname. Honda's 50cc bikes are high quality but high priced. This bike you got sibstance looks non-cheap concidering that they sell parts over at that site. Most minibikes from the net are bootleg, breakdown in a month, no extra parts to order, and you're left screwed.
I love imports.

#22 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:09 PM

Damn substance, might as well get a real one! How much did you pay for it? Nat bad for $600. Thats some high quality non-Made in China shit you got there.

Yeah It was a nice chuck of change... when i got it it was actually $650 and now its $579 plus about 50 shipping...

I like it and my brother that is 16 always wants to ride it but I don't let him do to my life threatening experience...

Brass, ask your mother.

#23 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

I didn't know you shared your Haven account too...that explains the PM about dynamite and shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users