Let's get it going

157 replies to this topic

#26 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:43 AM

October 27th will accommodate the most people, so we'll lock that date in.

Crankymonky is checking on the status of Wayside. If Wayside isn't available, we'll be using another local school as our main venue.

Mark your calendars now. Details on definite location to follow.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#27 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

Okay, Sorry for not being able to help earlier.

I checked the current status of Wayside and it's going under a complete rehaul in the back. So the gauntlet as we knew it is now officially deceased. However, it appears that the new layout could be equally exciting to play on, but it's too early to say. Either way, it won't be ready for at least many a month, I would guess at least 6.

I hope to get a chance to snap photos of another venue about 20 minutes from Wayside and put them up by Friday. Jordan and I will try and keep in contact to arrange the war.

As some of you know, I will most likely not be in attendance of this war, no matter what the date. I have an exceedingly busy schedule for the next month while I work on transferring schools.

Jordan, I think you may have the wrong phone number for me as I never got any calls from me, I'm sending it to you via Facebook.

I hope this shapes up to be an awesome war and I'll be doing what I can to find a venue.

-Dean
Tyranny Response Team

#28 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

Eh. The 27th. I have a soccer game at 10:30 so I will be getting there about 12:30 or so which really sucks.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#29 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:17 PM

Cya there. It all depends on my mother and if she feels up to the drive.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#30 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

I will definitely be there. I will most likely be staying with Rosie if it all works out, so for this one, my fellow NJers are going to have to work out transport themselves.
I hate you.

#31 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:56 PM

Updated the attendees in the original post. If anyone is indeed carpooling please give us a ballpark figure of how many people will be coming with you. Our numbers are looking somewhat small, but that's not factoring in how many would be coming with Cmdrmack and Co.

Like Cranky mentioned, Wayside (AKA, "The Gauntlet") is undergoing heavy construction and won't be available in the near future. Talk about a major bummer...On the bright side, we have other options in the immediate area which look promising. Cranky gave me a link to these today, and we've Nerfed here in '05, so we can probably use it again. Anywho, the pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will continue to update the original post as soon as we get more information. Please post your headcounts if you're traveling with others. Thanks,

-Groove

#32 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:16 PM

I'm afraid I'm going to have to move into the maybe column, but I'll keep you updated as things progress.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#33 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:51 AM

One last thing for me to say- I may need to borrow a primary. My idiot friends never count the damned pumps. Guess how many tanks they've blown?! EIGHT!!!
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#34 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:50 PM

Lionhead, as we get closer to the date, if you still need a primary remind me. I have some stuff you could use. If you like pump guns, I could mod a AT2K for you (single shot) without the pump plugged and let you use that. Let me know what kind of gun you're looking for.

If you want, I could even trade you the AT2K for 100 stefans, seeing as I really doubt I'll have a whole lot of darts come the event. PM me and we'll work something out.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#35 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:52 PM

I would like to buy a nice single primary. Like maybe a modded Bigshot to shoot micros/stephans. Or anything thats similar that can reach 90-100Ft. And 100 stephans. I'll think of something to bring as a trade maybe.
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#36 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:56 PM

I'll get some Big Blasts modified and bring them as loaners.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#37 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

Distances? I buy it for $20.
I love imports.

#38 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

I'll have a BBB, and a BBBB if anyone wants/ needs it if I go.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#39 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:37 PM

Shorty, I have a stock Blast Bazooka and EAB for sale if you want.
Tyranny Response Team

#40 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

So the place you showed the picture from do you think thats a major possibility? How far is it from wayside?
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#41 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:54 PM

Shorty, I too have an EAB I'll sell. I'll work on it to see how high I can get the ranges. I'll give you the I actually nerf discount and sell it for 7 bucks, or 50 stefans. Let me know if you're interested.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#42 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

The location of the school in the pictures I posted is no more than a 10 minute drive from Wayside.

Crankymonky has found what seems to be an even better site that is about 15 minutes from Wayside, and resembles the original Gauntlet much more. Pictures will be uploaded later this week. I apologize for the lack of "concrete-ness" regarding location information, but you have to understand that our main venue is unavailable and I'm trying my best to get us something that resembles a DCNO, not just a "backup" school.

The bottom line is that no matter which school we decide upon, they are ALL within very close driving distance from Wayside (the site of the original "Gauntlet") and still located in Rockville. That roughly translates into 10-15 more minutes of driving and slightly different directions than what you're used to. Going to try to decide upon a definite location by early next week.

-Groove

#43 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:05 PM

Since Evil Angel's knee may not be in the best of shape my attendence is a maybe. If any regular nj nerfers are planning on going pm me so we can work out carpooling.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#44 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:37 PM

Shrimp, check your PMs. I can give you a ride to DCNO if you need it.

Edited by badger, 02 October 2007 - 10:38 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#45 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

Shorty, I too have an EAB I'll sell. I'll work on it to see how high I can get the ranges. I'll give you the I actually nerf discount and sell it for 7 bucks, or 50 stefans. Let me know if you're interested.

Uhmm, EAB? if it goes 100+Ft, I'll get it. Is it spring or air powered? But yeah $7 sounds very generous for a modded primary. $7 it is. You are gonna be there right?
I love imports.

#46 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:33 PM

Yeah I'll be there. I'll probobly be able to get 70-80 feet out of it, but not 100. Are you still interested?

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#47 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:28 PM

As of now I can go, and bring two with me.
That may change, I'll post if it does.

I have extra primaries I can bring if people need them.

#48 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

Yeah I'll be there. I'll probobly be able to get 70-80 feet out of it, but not 100. Are you still interested?

Yeah Im interested. Is 70-80 Ft good in an outdoor war though. And could you give me a pic of this EAB?
I love imports.

#49 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:16 AM

There is a pic of it in this thread: Click here.

I replaced the barrel with SCH 80 PVC yesteday and it fits Frost King brand foam well.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#50 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:19 PM

Looks desent considering that I've never seen a EAB. What does EAB stand for? Distances? Yeah Im still interested. Question so I can reconize you, were you the asian guy at Summer DCNO 07? (No offence).
I love imports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users