E-Tape Duck tape

11 replies to this topic

#1 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:25 AM

What is the difference between them? Doesn't Duck tape better then E-Tape?
I'm just asking cause I always thought that Duck tape was stronger then E-Tape.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:51 AM

First of all, it's DucT Tape, not quack quack Duck Tape. Second, they each have their own uses. Yes DUCT tape has a stronger hold, but e-tape is mainly used in multiple layers. It provides a good way to bridge a gap. For instance, I wrap PETG in 2 layers of Electrical tape before I nest it in PVC. It works very well for that.
I hate you.

#3 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:04 AM

I have to aggre with one man clan . duct is stronger but e tape is better for other stuff.

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

#4 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

E-tape is made of PVC, or other materials, depending on what type you buy. Duct tape has fibers embedded in it, which makes it a non-uniform surface, which is no good for layering to nest materials. From my opinion, once properly applied E-tape holds better than duct tape as well.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:12 AM

If you want to seal a duct in a water resistant manner, you should use aluminum tape.
If you want to fill a gap between two tubes in a fairly air-tight manner, use electrical tape.
If you want to attach one of your friends to the ceiling for a few days, use duct tape.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:24 PM

Actually there is Duck Tape. I know cause I have bought it.
Thanks for answer my questions.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

That's just a brand of duct tape.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

And then there's Gorilla Tape, which is Gorilla Glue on a tape. Use that if you want to permanently graft a nerf gun to yourself.

It's the Chuck Norris of Duct Tape.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#9 cappold

cappold

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:20 PM

Just to settle the Duck vs Duct Tape arguement:

Dear Duct Tape Users:

Is it Duct or Duck? We don’t want you to be confused, so we will explain. The first name for Duct Tape was DUCK. During World War II the U.S. Military needed a waterproof tape to keep the moisture out of ammunition cases. So, they enlisted the Johnson and Johnson Permacel Division to manufacture the tape. Because it was waterproof, everyone referred to it as “duck” tape (like water off a duck’s back). Military personnel discovered that the tape was good for lots more than keeping out water. They used it for Jeep repair, fixing stuff on their guns, strapping equipment to their clothing... the list is endless.

After the War, the housing industry was booming and someone discovered that the tape was great for joining the heating and air conditioning duct work. So, the color was changed from army green to the silvery color we are familiar with today and people started to refer to it as “duct tape*.” Therefore, either name is appropriate.

Today, Duck® brand Tape is manufactured by Henkel Consumer Adhesives. After thoroughly familiarizing ourselves with the hundreds of duct tapes on the market, we have found Duck® brand Tape to be the most consistent in quality. And, we are delighted with the large array of colors that they manufacture (including camo tape and new “X-Treme Tape” which comes in hot day-glo colors).

Jim and I do lots of appearances promoting Duck® brand Tape and do so without reservation. Therefore, we go by both The Duct Tape Guys, and The Duck Tape Guys. And, we use the words Duck and Duct interchangeably throughout our web site.

So, whether you call it Duct Tape or Duck Tape... you are still using the “Ultimate Power Tool” in our estimation.

--- Jim and Tim, the Duck/Duct Tape Guys

#10 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

Uh note that the E in E-Tape stands for Electrical tape. (Yes, no shit)
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#11 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:17 PM

Uh note that that has nothing to do with the topic. (Yes, no shit)

Edited by yourface, 17 September 2007 - 03:25 PM.

#12 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:56 PM

Uh, yeah it did. The intended use for E-tape was to cover up live wires or wires without the cover. Of course you can use any kind of tape for what ever you need. Hell man tape is tape. There are many kinds of tape and they have a world of uses.
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users