Boston

who wants to Nerf?

8 replies to this topic

#1 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:06 PM

I was wondering if anyone wants to have a war in the Boston area, as lately most wars are a couple hours away.
QUOTE("One Man Clan@Oct 11 2007 @ 07:40 PM)

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

#2 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

I was wondering if anyone wants to have a war in the Boston area, as lately most wars are a couple hours away.

I live in lynn :) I've never been to a war though, so I don't know how they generally work and such. And I also only have a Magstrike, Nitefinder (only AR removed) and a modded Hidden Shot. But I plan on modding my magstrike tonight, and I'm working on trying to find anything that can improve my NF

Edited by Thomas, 15 September 2007 - 03:15 PM.

#3 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:42 PM

Well you pretty much can't war in Boston (or hang Lite-Brites). However when it comes to near Boston there have been a number of wars in Milton. Other MA wars of note (that I can think of) have been in Lexington and Malden. Milton would be the closest to Boston but I don't have any reason to suspect that there will be any wars in Milton any time soon as the Milton Nerfing community is pretty much dead.

Anyway, good luck.

#4 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:20 AM

Sorry to hear that you guys are out of the loop, euph. Those were some fun times.

Surprisingly, I was coming on this morning to start a thread for a fall game. We've had several games in the Melrose/Malden area of late, notably one this summer that had a few come up from New Jersey, which was an awesome time. Crazy video!

Anyways, @ vanpaun and Thomas, would you be able to get to the Melrose/Malden area? It's really a sweet location, the movie doesn't do the most justice but it's still decent. Would you be able to scrounge up some friends too?

As for the way that a war works, it's pretty friendly. Everyone brings basically their whole working arsenal, so there's plenty of borrowing of guns and stuff. If you have darts, or can make some, it's a good idea to do so to ensure we'll all have something to shoot with. I know that the Melrose crew brings a few hundred darts, and I'm gonna bring about 300 to the next war. The point is, no one should be discouraged to show up if they think that they lack the necessary stuff.

TS

#5 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:50 PM

I've asked my dad and he said I can probably go, but I've got some questions, if you don't mind;
Is it close to a Wendy's or something? Or should I pack my own lunch?
Problem if I only bring Stock Darts? I can't afford to make/buy stefan's at the moment
last; When will we set the rules if we start this?

I have no friends that nerf, but I'll try and see if I can get a friend to come with me.
But this would be awsome, I've only done indoor games with 4 other kids. As for an arsenal, I might be able to get my hands on a couple of my cousins guns, 'cause I only have a few. This would be a great experience, seeing as though I've never seen most of these rare guns in person, I've seen only what Walmart and Target have in stock at times

I forgot to ask; do we need to get a permit to play at the park?

Edited by Thomas, 17 September 2007 - 04:13 PM.

#6 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

The place is close to a sweet pizza and sub shop that we always go to, and most people have cars so it's no biggie. Some people opt to stay behind and we get something for them. Not too big of a deal, but bring some cash.

If you can't bring stefans, that's ok. Don't worry about bringing darts if you don't have stefans, we generally have enough for people. Plus, I can probably make another 100 if need be.

As I said before, if you can mod a gun or two for the war it's worth it - I've used my now dying maxshot in every game I've gone to for ... a guesstimate of 3 years now. It's great to get familiarized with a gun; you just perform better. Big Blasts are easy and available at walgreens. Nightfinders are good and easy as well, just head over to Toys R Us or somewhere like that.

As for a permit, we have a deal with the park supervisors that as long as we stop if someone's near and clean up, we're absolutely fine. Good questions though. Expect to see an official thread for this soon.

TS

#7 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:24 PM

Sounds Great we will have to set a location I can get there with several friends. As for ammo that will not be a problem (i know what I'm doing next weekend). The only problem is most of my arsenal is in CA. As for my ranking on the Haven I am not a newbie, I just usually don't post unless necessary. Actually I have been nerfing for a year and a halfish, Although this will most likely be the largest war I have attended.

Edited by vanpaun, 17 September 2007 - 09:10 PM.

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

#8 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:04 PM

Delete me

Edited by vanpaun, 17 September 2007 - 09:11 PM.

#9 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

Ouch, most of your arsenal is in CA? How'd that happen? Don't tell me you went to Armageddon, I'm pissed I missed that. :P

Anyhoo, I don't have the exact address... well, I -could- go find the address, but that would require two seconds of searching. FINE. I'll post the address/info in the official thread, and you should reply there so that we know where we're standing.

TS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users