Zombie Games.

I am blown away.

56 replies to this topic

#51 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:25 PM

My Clan is in the process of becoming a Registered Student Organization, which should help smooth things over with Campus Police.

I'd investigate the possibility of that, otherwise, just keep open lines of communication with Campus Police and the administration.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#52 The Cardiac Kid

The Cardiac Kid

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

My Clan is in the process of becoming a Registered Student Organization, which should help smooth things over with Campus Police.

I'd investigate the possibility of that, otherwise, just keep open lines of communication with Campus Police and the administration.

Ya I'm definelty going to talk to Campus Police first before I actually approach someone at the clubs and/or administration office because if they will not allow it, there is no point to going to admin!

#53 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:34 PM

I thought I would poke my head up here and sound off a little about HVZ.

Surprisingly enough, it is going on right now here at Ohio University. As Longbow said a little ways up, I have been blown away by the increase in modded guns this year. Also, a group of students have set up a base on the green and are camping there all week to simulate actual zombie survival.

For all other college students out there, I highly suggest setting up HVZ. It really is a cool way to get people excited about Nerf and it is generally a blast. We went hunting last night and almost everyone on campus knows what is going on- It also exposes you to people you may not have ever had the chance to be with.

Overall, very cool.

*goes back to lurking*
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#54 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

I don't know when, but my brother and I are going to set up a game of HvZ at McMaster. Hopefully some time this year.

a group of students have set up a base on the green and are camping there all week to simulate actual zombie survival.

In all fairness, you can't really say that actual zombie survival would be like that. It's still awesome though.

#55 The Cardiac Kid

The Cardiac Kid

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:41 PM

[quote name='penguin807' date='Oct 23 2007, 10:45 PM' post='127097']
I don't know when, but my brother and I are going to set up a game of HvZ at McMaster. Hopefully some time this year.

Definetly let me know when that will happen! I'd like to see how your experience goes at a Canadian University, and I also might be able to make it out!

#56 Heartw0rk

Heartw0rk

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:57 AM

Bump ish so my questions gets answered:

What does a normal day of Humans vs. Zombies like?
Can a participant please give me an overview?
Is it a lot of close range, long range, invading and/or group battles?

A normal day is your average day of college mixed with complete guerilla warfare and in some cases, non-players bitching at you, laughing at you, and and/or staring awkwardly.

Eating is much less of an option as both dining halls at Goucher have one in and one out...to quote Admiral Ackbar, IT'S A TRAP! Sure, they're safe zones, but zombies will camp around there and pounce the moment you set foot outside. So due to my underpreparedness, I survived last game on oodles of bottled water, protein/energy bars, and an occasional croissant or mini milk carton from the coffee stand in one of our academic buildings. I visibly lost weight.

The battles in zombies are different every time. On missions- usually occuring on weekends– those are group battles, yes. But when you need to get to class and bust out of a door, you get pretty up close and personal- usually sock in one hand, Mav in the other.

Because automatic Nerf weaponry gave the Humans such an advantage in the fall game a year ago, the moderatorss have made them an "unlockable" privilege at some point in the game. Until then, you must use a gun that has to be cocked between shots.

I'm pumped for this game. I will be joining Matt Sabine, who led the Praetorian squad of the Spartans. For those interested- www.goucherzombies.com .

#57 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:27 PM

I would also like to know about any HvZ games happeneing in southwestern ontario. Especially if The Cardiac kid gets one going in guelph, since I will be at conestoga college in kitchener.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users