Re-opening The Semi 2k Vault

Trying to make a quality thread....

11 replies to this topic

#1 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:49 AM

I am getting a 2K from OMC sometime in October and am going to reopen the Semi-2K discussion so we can improve it with what we know from modern nerf. All credit goes to THIRST, but it wastes air. My idea is to have a secondary valve between the bladder and the airtank. It would have to be fired in a simple matter, such as a bolt, but that way you would get maximum shots between pumping. I recommend that we get a standard bolt action magazine and rig it to am underbarrel pump. Then we link the pump to the end of a bolt. The bolt can be as simple as the leftover main valve in the RF20. Just reopening, if you want to flame PM me.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

Are you going to use a clip/magazine such as the one Ompa designed for his BS-9 variant?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#3 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:28 AM

Yes, then when you prime the bolt for the magazine, it opens a valve that dumps just enough air into the 2K tank. If the 2K tank valve is shut then it will fill it the exact same every time. Then pull the 2K trigger.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#4 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

I failed tring to do this. I had my broken scout gutted to make it a semi-auto pistol. I used the pump, bladder of my Magstrike, and the valve of a AT2K. It was a mess and very time consuming trying to make everything fit. I only got two sucky shots out of it. :D There was so many shit wrong with it ,not to mention the leaking. But I dont think what your trying to do would work because...well it might work but it wont be good in a war. if you succeed, good fuckin job.
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#5 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

Sinfil's on NX. Only with and extra valve so you don't hold it open to long. I would love to get Vintage or THIRST to help with this project.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#6 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:55 PM

If you need a valve that opens easily, use a solenoid sprinkler valve.

Sure, it's battery operated, but you can make it open even just by releasing the trigger (if you use the right kind of switch.

In fact, check this out: http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=8333&hl=

As you may notice, that's my topic and I was planning on using 2 solenoid valves. However, I was getting good range using a solenoid valve to fire so I'm going to use an AT2k valve instead.

As a side note to the Viper project, I still have a fair amount of work to do including: integrating the AT2K valve into the Mav shell, and getting the timing right. On the other hand, I figured out how to fix the Mav's air seal problems. Once I can get pictures (maybe next weekend) I'll post them.

Edit: Here's the switch I'm using: Switch 1
And here's one that may be good if you want a bolt to trigger it: Switch 2

Edited by jwasko, 01 October 2007 - 12:03 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#7 BoltMasterZero

BoltMasterZero

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:58 PM

Its been a while but I thought I would drop in.

I went a different way with my Semi-2k variation. I used a hardwall design crafted from cpvc.

Posted Image

25 pumps netted me approximately 3 shots full strength and one slightly lower. Distances were a little lower then a standard mod but that was to be expected.

Eventually I snapped the gauge where I attached the external tank. However it should be feasible with proper reinforcement.

#8 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:48 PM

Nicely done there. I assume that you were able to use that chamber there as a stock; I can see how that would need reinforcement.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#9 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:34 PM

Not to hijack, But I have a quick questions that doesn't deserve its own thread. Can the the O-ring on the barrels be replaced with hotglue. I lost mine[code=auto:0]
QUOTE("One Man Clan@Oct 11 2007 @ 07:40 PM)

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

#10 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:45 PM

No.

Take all of the parts that touch the o-ring to a hardware store and find one that fits.

They usually are under a dollar.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#11 vanpaun

vanpaun

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:07 PM

No.

Take all of the parts that touch the o-ring to a hardware store and find one that fits.

They usually are under a dollar.

No offense but I think I will try my luck with the glue (I already get 100 feet angled)
QUOTE("One Man Clan@Oct 11 2007 @ 07:40 PM)

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

#12 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:35 AM

I lost my O-ring(in the turret) and simply made the seal again with some electrical tape, and glue. It has held up fine.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users