Mid Ohio Nerf War

TCNO

54 replies to this topic

#1 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:41 PM

Well, after seeing the turnout for the Cleveland Area Nerf Out, we've decided to hold another Ohio war in an attempt to get all the guys that said they would show up to indeed show up. This time, though, it's going to be in the Dayton, OH area. More specifically, Tipp City, OH (15 minutes north of Dayton).

Directions:
There isn't a set address, but here's how you get here:

-Get on I-75 and get off at exit 68 (Tipp City/West Milton)
-Head east on Rt. 571 (The street you hit when getting off the hwy). It will be a right turn if coming from south, left turn if coming from north.
-turn right at the next light (There will be a BP station on your right. I think the street name is Garber Dr.)
-Continue through the first stop sign. You will pass a dentist's office, and a few houses on the right, then the park is there on your right and left. Park anywhere on the street. If you hit a second stop sign you've gone too far.

If you can't find the place or need help, pm me your phone number and we can get in touch that way.

DATE SET: OCTOBER 27th

Time: 10am-whenever

Rules/Regulations:

Standard rules, no singled titans, sm5k's, the like. We'll test it gameday on you from point blank range to see if it's usable. Protective eyewear is strongly recommended, as this isn't a huge field. There is a creek running through two of the areas, and some playground equipment as well. Gametypes will vary, I'm open to suggestions.
As usual, bring water (there is a drinking fountain, but it might be closed up for winter by then), guns, ammo and anything else you think you'll need.

Participants list: (Updated 10-9-07)

bpso86+6ish
bpso86's little brother +4ish
bobafan+2ish
Diablo
Twitch
Lynx (?)

Total: 14ish

Come on Ohio, let's make this one of the best Ohio wars ever! Don't let me down!

Field Pics:

Right side of street (This is the largest field, with the most trees, and a creek that snakes through the entire field):
Posted Image

Posted Image

Left side of street (This field is more of a playground, but it still has the creek running through it):
Posted Image

Posted Image

The last field is out of view, but it's basically just an open field. Sorry for the quality, my windows are tinted kind of dark, it was dusk, and I was in the car.

Edited by bpso86, 12 October 2007 - 12:08 AM.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:31 PM

I may be able to bring some friends; it depends on what their parents think of the idea but I think they'd be allowed to drive that distance at age 18.

Most likely it will just be me though.
SexD Warves

#3 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

Best weekends look like either October 6th or October 27th... any preference?

C'mon, I know there are more Ohio peeps, at least post in here so we know you're alive!

#4 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:51 PM

Shit, can't go man, I have other plans that day. I'm in Columbus but I have so many other plans for that day.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#5 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

The date's not set in stone yet...

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:30 PM

...Which is why we need input from people such as

Shit, can't go man, I have other plans that day. I'm in Columbus but I have so many other plans for that day.

Any other dates work for you Lynx?

I think any day's pretty much fine for me.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 12 September 2007 - 02:31 PM.

SexD Warves

#7 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:26 PM

Alright.
I can probably get someone to drive me 2:30 hours over there.

The weekend of the 20th would be the best for me since it is my fall break. Other than that, any weekend can work.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#8 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:22 PM

You lameasses need to make an attempt to come to this war. I know there are other people in Ohio so at least say whether or not you plan on going, otherwise I'll just think you're all pussies.
SexD Warves

#9 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

Everyday, I have baseball, school or interning so I can't go unless it is like, a thanksgiving break thing, but even then I can't go because my birthday is around then and I ALWAYS see relatives... I'm so damn busy I can barely see my friends and do online things.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#10 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

I took some pictures of the fields (not the best quality but it will give you an idea of what we're working with). Those will be posted soon.

So, let's finalize this date so I can spam the rest of tha intrawebz with it.

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:39 PM

Well, I'm going to look like a douche since this war is partially my idea, but I most likely can't make it to anything in October and possibly even November.

Meh.
SexD Warves

#12 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:50 PM

Sorry to hear that man. Guess we'll have to wait until next summer.

#13 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:38 PM

FIRST POST EDITED! DATE/LOCATION SET! PICTURES UP!

#14 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

BUMP!

I talked to some of the people I nerf with, and I'll probably be able to get upwards of 6 people to come up with me. So you guys need to bring your share, and bring your best weapons. You'll need 'em.

#15 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

I'll propably have a couple with me also.
So ~10 at this point?
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.

#16 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:58 PM

My brother has at least two as of now, I'm sure I'll be able to get more than six when the time rolls around (We nerf with anywhere from 30 to 60 people every Friday night in Cincinnati), it's just a matter of motivation. So, I'm sure there will be more than ten. But, as there are three fields, we could potentially have more than one game going at a time. We'll see. Any ideas for game variants? I've got a couple in mind, but we'll see when the time comes.

#17 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:58 PM

Let's go people, I want to hear from you even if you can't go, even if you're in Indiana, Michigan, etc. It's not very far from either.

#18 angrscottishkid

angrscottishkid

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

I live in Parma, but i an't go. i'm only 15 so i cant drive down.
In the words of colonel Sanders, I'm to drunk to chase this chicken.

#19 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

Blatantly
Ugly
Migrating
Penguins

#20 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:59 PM

I might be able to reschedule a couple things and come... I won't be able to bring much though... maybe a few nitefinders so borrowing weapons would be necessary. Also, I think I could be able to bring 2 friends. I am a trying to persuade a driver in my family to bring me. My family thinks this is pretty stupid though.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#21 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:36 PM

Offer to pay for gas, that's what I have done before.

---

<ktp753>ouch.

#22 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, I'm still unsure if I can reschedule. My friends might be able to go without me though...Will people be able to supply primaries?

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#23 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

I'll be bring extras of both primaries and pistols.

---

<ktp753>ouch.

#24 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

Oh yeah, I've got quite a few guns you can borrow. No worries here. I also just got about 50' of foam so I'll be making darts for the next three weeks haha. Lynx, I hope you can come.

#25 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:02 PM

I just talked to one driver and he is interested... my friends need parent permission and I have to reschedule. Who ever is in charge, please pm me your phone for more information.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users