Photo

I Need Nerf War Help

11 replies to this topic

#1 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

I want to host a Nerf War in Washington but the parks said that they want me to pay 70 bucks just to rent a part of the park and then on top of that I need to pay some event insurance on top of all that. This is my first time to host a war and I don't really want to be dishing out almost 500 bucks just for the day. Is there any other way to do this? I don't know any one who has a big yard.

If any one can help me I would be really pleased.

Thank you.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

Try getting the part of the field where no one goes, or try to get another area.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:28 PM

If your talking about some other part of the park it doesn't matter, I would still have to pay the money. The first park that I asked about he just flat out said no, so he suggested this other one where hardly any one goes.

#4 soccerdog813

soccerdog813

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:31 PM

Try going to a school or some public park that has playground equipment. That is what my friends and I do. It might not have much cover but at least you will have a place to play.

#5 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:32 PM

How big is your war? If it's only, like, 10 guys coming together to Nerf, then I wouldn't consider it an event. It would just be like any other people coming to the park to mess around, and you wouldn't have to pay event insurance. Lastly, I think that you only rent out a part of the park if you don't want other people to be there. If you can go around other people, I wouldn't rent out a part.

Edited by Ubermensch, 05 September 2007 - 11:06 AM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#6 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:38 PM

I don't know how many people are coming. I know there isn't that many people in WA who play Nerf.
I told him that I didn't want to rent the park but he said that I still need to pay the money.

#7 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:45 PM

If you have a local wildlife reservation with playgrounds, I know that they don't charge you to have nerf wars there.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#8 theschief

theschief

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:37 PM

There is no way that there is only one suitable park in your area. This is something you shouldn't have to pay for, I advise you to simply look around in the general vicinity and find something public and free. You don't need to have anything other then an area with nobody else in it. I don't see how this field could be your only option, in fact, I'm sure it isn't.
nerfer34
Your account will not be functional until June 23, 20007 9:59 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

+ Silver BBB
+ Ball Blaster and Buzzsaw......

#9 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:54 PM

A public park is the right way to go, as long as you don't have more than 20 people it should be fine. Just make sure not to get in the way of anyone that might get pissed off and call the cops on you. Even if they do, you can always tell the police that you are being safe and what not (foam bullets, safety glasses).

Good luck!
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#10 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:10 PM

These are public parks. I will try the Wildlife reservation.

#11 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:34 PM

Always make sure the police or park know beforehand. It's easiest just to warn them first than to have them show up and someone be in potential danger. There's the occassional dumbass who'd rather pull their nine than ask questions when they see someone with something even resembling a weapon. There was a letter written a while ago called "Letter for permission to Nerf," or something to that effect. Search and use it.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 04 September 2007 - 07:34 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#12 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:41 PM

Letter for Permission to Nerf

Found it for you, I remember reading that a little while ago. Hopefully that will convince them.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users