• 323 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

Here’s a little arrowstorm mod I did:
Here is what you will need:

Hot glue/gun
A fine tooth hacksaw or some other clean cutting device
A small knife
OMC PETG

Grab your PETG, [two feet will do] and then make a mark with a a knife at 3 3/4 inches on the PETG. Grab the hacksaw or whatever and cut it, then grab your knife and if necessary, trim it to make it straight.
Now, after you’ve done it with six pieces, grab the hot glue gun and do a sort of air restrictor around the bottom of the PETG with the glue. This is to keep the dart from slipping back and the gun jamming up:
Posted Image
When you have done that to a piece of PETG, push it down halfway to the barrel and put a ring of hot glue around the part that sticks out:
Posted Image
Finally, shove it all the way in. If you cut right, you should have a perfect barrel replacement.
Posted Image
I’m getting 60-70 flat with each shot now, so when modded this gun is a force!

Edited by precisionnerfer, 06 September 2007 - 04:30 PM.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#2 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

You could just leave the gun together, and stick PETG down the barrels...

Seems simpler to me. Less likely to lose something. (Nothing personal.)

Also, if you don't glue them in place, you can make swappable barrels, even shotgun loads. (aka, darts inline, not parallel. )

Edited by AJAQ, 03 September 2007 - 06:44 PM.

~AJAQ~

#3 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:49 PM

I'm confused as to why you would disassemble the gun, unless you wanted to do a spring replacement that wasn't mentioned...

Also, the pictures are out of focus. Try placing the pieces on a background of the opposite color so we can see them more clearly. For example, clear pieces are really hard to see against a white background, as opposed to a dark one.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#4 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:23 PM

Sounds like he had to disassemble the gun so he could measure how far the the petg should go into the existing barrels so as not to interfere with the plunger when its all the way forward in the "funnel".
I could be wrong.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#5 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:31 PM

Sounds like he had to disassemble the gun so he could measure how far the the petg should go into the existing barrels so as not to interfere with the plunger when its all the way forward in the "funnel".
I could be wrong.

Skitzo-

Skitzo
You are exactly right. To specify the plugger fits in the back of the barrels, making a better seal. The barrel is widened at the back, that being the "Funnel" and the plugger moves forward during shooting and fits into the funnel. If the PETG were to be to far back, the plugger could not push up all the way, and it would mess up the gun.

AJAQ/Nerfmerchant: I must glue them in place, or else they will pop out during shooting. Swappable barrels would be nice though.

SHA: Thanks for the crit, and it is appreciated, but this gun is my friends that we found in his garage, and while I was modding it for him I just whipped out the camera and took a few shots thinking, "Why not do a little write up?"

Edited by precisionnerfer, 03 September 2007 - 07:32 PM.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#6 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

Really? I could shoot all 6 without any shifting. Guess it depends on the gun, eh?
If you measured the length, it would allow everyone else to align it the same way without opening it up...

For me, I just stuck the PETG back as far as it would still rotate. It allows trial and error. Realistically, Swappable entire 6 plates could be created. (trim down the existing barrels, and create a spacer that just slides on, and tightens on.)

Not something I have time to pursue, but anyone is welcome to try it.
~AJAQ~

#7 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:38 PM

For close up shots (almost all of your pictures), use the Macro feature. The camera I use has a Macro setting (ex: taking a close up of a flower), then an even more close up shot (ex: a pedal on that flower). I normally use the really close up one, as I like to show as much detail as I can. I also zoom all the way out when I take pictures like that, I'm pretty sure it improves quality.

This is the first Arrowstorm write up (according to the Modification Directory) so good job on that. I'm suprised the Arrowstorm actually has good ranges considering it has great RoF. I'm suprised no one ever uses them, I bet they have quite a bit of modding potential, and could be turned into primary worthy guns.
I mean, just a simple barrel replacement puts ranges right around 65' (according to PN). A spring replacement could probably increase that by at least 5'-10'. Then other simple modifications such as seal improvements on both plunger to plunger tube and plunger tube to barrel could increase that even more.
Hmmmmm....

Edit: Resize your pictures so we don't have to side scroll.

Edited by Retiate, 03 September 2007 - 10:39 PM.

#8 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:58 PM

I'll add it to the directory once those photo's are resized. It's very irritating to side scroll every other sentence,
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#9 watkins

watkins

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:20 PM

Very cool. I had one of these in the good old days. I wonder what happened to it.

on another note:
I love how everyone has to side scroll. The pics are barely more than 3/5 the width of my screen.

Edited by watkins, 03 September 2007 - 11:21 PM.

#10 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

I don't have to side-scroll either. I tried doing a mod just like this... but I ended up opening the gun, I couldn't put it back so I had a friend reassemble it for me.

#11 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

Pictures are resized and edited for clarity now.
-Piney-
-AJAQ-

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:46 PM

I still have to side scroll. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#13 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:51 PM

I still need to sidescroll a little for the second picture.

Very cool mod. I want an arrowstorm now.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#14 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:19 AM

I need to scroll for all of them. They really are quite long.

#15 Recruit

Recruit

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:38 AM

Ok, you need to resize pictures 2 and 3 a little bit more.
Falcon about himself.
... Ask Bags...he'll tell you without hesitation that I'm an idiot, but I certainly think about it before I do something stupid.

-Piney-

#16 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:12 AM

Ok, you need to resize pictures 2 and 3 a little bit more.

Done. I did have to scroll a bit for 2, but other then that, no. Now I don't have to scroll at all.
If you guys want anything else let me know
-PN
EDIT: ..... how dumb am I? AJAQ was right... I'll just measure the length of the barrels. I'll open 'er back up soon. Maybe because I opened it, and took the pictures while modding I didn't think about it. Well when I've painted it too so I'll guess I'll just redo the write up soon. I guess while it's open I'll look for other possibilities as well.

Edited by precisionnerfer, 05 September 2007 - 07:41 AM.

-Piney-
-AJAQ-

#17 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

I'm on FF and never had to scroll...
~AJAQ~

#18 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:35 PM

I think some people's computers automatically re-size the pics.
-Piney-
-AJAQ-

#19 watkins

watkins

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:44 PM

I think some people's computers automatically re-size the pics.

Smart computers do. The rest of us just have crazy resolution. 1680x1050 for me.

#20 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:41 PM

Write up redone. I see no need to further modifiy this gun at all. It has a perfect seal, a perfect friction, and lots of power.
-Piney-
-AJAQ-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users