Photo

Bbb+ls Spring Combo Question

13 replies to this topic

#1 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

Well I got a BBB spring (thank n-strike) and I plan to put it in my Longshot. I have heard a lot of people have done this, except for AssassinNF. His BBB+LS spring combo made his longshot... "blow up". So I am wondering: what do I do? Should I put both springs in and hope to god that my longshot doesn't break or do I cut some rings off or what? Or should I just make a Longshot+Nitefinder spring replacement (I think I know how to fix the noise)?

#2 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

Well I got a BBB spring (thank n-strike) and I plan to put it in my Longshot. I have heard a lot of people have done this, except for AssassinNF. His BBB+LS spring combo made his longshot... "blow up". So I am wondering: what do I do? Should I put both springs in and hope to god that my longshot doesn't break or do I cut some rings off or what? Or should I just make a Longshot+Nitefinder spring replacement (I think I know how to fix the noise)?

Your LS should be fine with both. Mine was. However, you may want to add some PVC spacers in the stock (if you still use it) to keep it from crushing your hand. It is not usually possible to cock the doubled up springs with the stock braced against your shoulder because the retaining pin (actually a spring-loaded plate with a raised semi-circle) will pop back out and let the assembly slide forward and into your hand. It hurts like a bitch.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 31 August 2007 - 04:52 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#3 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

Okay thanks. I was actually not using a stock at all... but I guess I will add one because of cosmetic reasons.

#4 Tofu

Tofu

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

You should be ok with a combo. I put both in mine and it has worked fine for over 2 months now. My guess would be that he put something in wrong or something. But if you do want the stock back use pvc because otherwise it hurts like a mother trucker.
I eat air restrictors for breakfast.

QUOTE(P.C. III @ Jan 17 2008, 12:19 PM) View Post

A great nf can beat a crummy xbow...

^BS^

#5 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

Did you cut any rings off the BBB spring though? And I just finished adding PVC so the stock stays the same.

#6 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:28 PM

I personally didn't, but a few members here might have. You'll be fine without doing so, but if you put in a spring like one from an AR-15 or other assault rifle, you're going to have to cut that. It helps that the BBB spring is almost exactly the same length as the LS's.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

#7 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

Fuck that took forever. I just finished modding it. It took more then 2 hours! Ahhh!

Well here is what I did:
-ARs removed
-PETG nested inside 1/2" SCH 40 barrel
-BBB spring (uncut)
-Bic pen catch spring (cut it down a bit)

But now I have another problem. I can't put the magazine in. Well I can put it in but I kinda have to force (slam it down). What did I do wrong that is making the magazine so hard to put in? The streamlines are also hella inaccurate.

EDIT: Oh. My. God. I tried just single loading darts manually. I think I almost pissed my pants. My homemade screw felt tip end darts hit the end of my 55' hallway and it bounced off it. So I still have problems with the magazine (just loading streamlines at the moment) with it jamming up...
Well this mod was somewhat successful. The longshot puts my BBB and Maxshot to shame.

Edited by six-five-two, 31 August 2007 - 08:53 PM.

#8 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

Due to the holes in the tips of streamline darts, firing them from high-powered guns will make them fishtail more than a high-school driver with a permit and a bottle of Crack Daniel's.

On another note: Can you still see through the jam door while loading the magazines? I have not had this problem, but I think it might be because some portion of the bolt is sticking out over the dart tails in the rear portion of the magazine. Also, did you take out the orange mag guides in the magazine well while modding the gun? If so, take the gun apart (while cursing Hasbro for using so many screws) again and make absolute certain that the parts are down all the way. If they got caught with one side even a slightly longer distance away from the shell of the gun, then there are bound to be loading issues. If you didn't touch the mag well, check anyway to make sure. Don't forget to check the magazine release switch as well, as it might be getting caught on something, which would force you to push the magazine in harder to move it out of the way. If none of these work, post some form of picture and tell us exactly what you tried to remedy it.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 31 August 2007 - 09:29 PM.

#9 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

This makes me want to magically repair my LS (which became a parts gun a while ago), but I let it be and deemed it cursed after multiple bad cuts trying to mod it. Well, look on the bright side, it still fires right?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#10 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:24 PM

Due to the holes in the tips of streamline darts, firing them from high-powered guns will make them fishtail more than a high-school driver with a permit and a bottle of Crack Daniel's.

On another note: Can you still see through the jam door while loading the magazines? I have not had this problem, but I think it might be because some portion of the bolt is sticking out over the dart tails in the rear portion of the magazine. Also, did you take out the orange mag guides in the magazine well while modding the gun? If so, take the gun apart (while cursing Hasbro for using so many screws) again and make absolute certain that the parts are down all the way. If they got caught with one side even a slightly longer distance away from the shell of the gun, then there are bound to be loading issues. If you didn't touch the mag well, check anyway to make sure. Don't forget to check the magazine release switch as well, as it might be getting caught on something, which would force you to push the magazine in harder to move it out of the way. If none of these work, post some form of picture and tell us exactly what you tried to remedy it.

Yes I still see the jam door because I didn't pull it back manually (the jam door that is, after the gun is cocked).

I am very sure there is no "orange mag guides" I left out.

I double checked to make sure all of the springs and stuff are in the right place. If they weren't, I obviously corrected it.

The magazine release is working fine aswell.

And I actually only put back like 4 screws onto the gun... I'll open it again just to make sure everything is in place, but all my screws are starting to get stripped...

Sorry for too much spaces.

EDIT: Could someone also tell me what is the "hole in the bolt" people keep talking about? people are saying there is some hole in the bolt of the longshot of which air leaks out...

Edited by six-five-two, 31 August 2007 - 11:35 PM.

#11 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:47 PM

EDIT: Could someone also tell me what is the "hole in the bolt" people keep talking about? people are saying there is some hole in the bolt of the longshot of which air leaks out...

That would be in the stock bolt, on the bottom portion. There is a small hole that you can plug with hot glue, but make sure that it does not stick out of the space. Otherwise it may cause feeding and chambering issues. If I remember correctly, it should be towards the front, near the hole that the dart is seated in. Here is a picture. You can scroll over the yellow square for more details.

#12 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:45 AM

The magazine issue could be caused by two things:

1. You didn't get the plunger housing in exactly right.
2. The spring combination is so powerful, it is bending the back part of the plunger house, so the bolt is just short of being pulled back all of the way back.
~AJAQ~

#13 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

Did you make sure your plunger head is placed on the plunger rod correctly? There is only one way it can fit on, any other way will cause the plunger head to be seated just a tiny bit further forward than it's supposed to be. I'd suggest opening it up, unscrewing the plunger head from the plunger rod, turning the plunger head once, seeing how it fits, turning again, check fit etc. until you find the way that makes the plunger head fit all the way on the plunger rod.

#14 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:53 AM

Note- the hole in the bolt isn't necessarily in any position- one of my longshots had it on the top, while the other had it canted to the side.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users