Style Of Nerfing

What do you do?

31 replies to this topic

#1 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:22 PM

Hi, I was just wondering what styles of Nerf are out there, Our group usually does night Nerfing in pitch-black conditions. One team of three waits, usually upstairs, while a team of two hides and comes up with some sort of strategy. The only source of light is ONE flashlight which the team of three has. It usually works out pretty evenly because the team of two has the element of surprise and better weapons, while the team of three has strength in numbers but only pistols.

What style of Nerf do you play? Indoor/Outdoor?, Light/Dark?, Number of people?, Division of teams?, Free-For-All?, Weapons?, Other details?

EDIT:Added a few things.

Edited by Matt31, 25 August 2007 - 09:25 PM.

"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#2 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

I do indor with lights out with pistols. We usually do two on two, two on three, three on three, or FFA (depending on the amount of people).

I also do outdoor nerfing. We usually play durring the day. The guns we use are usually a primary (such as a Magstrike, or a Big Salvo) and a pistol. Or you can duel-wield pistols. We play the same things as we do indor, and CTF.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#3 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:55 PM

I do just about everything, but my favorite war type was a four on four forest war. If i'm right we had a stock titan, four modded bbbs, several stock bbbs, a stock nitefinder, a modded nitefinder, and probably some other stuff.
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

#4 Chewbacca

Chewbacca

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:56 PM

We play outdoor around someone's house. Usually teams which consist of two-on-two, or FFA. We only have four or five people every war.

Weapons? Whatever we can carry, and sometimes only pistols (in pistol rounds, duh). I actutally use a BBB and a NF.

#5 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

Along with Hierarchy, we do somewith similair to your indoors, where it's pitch black. We don't do this often, but it is a lot of fun. We have a smaller team go and hide somewhere upstairs, while a larger team stays in a room and waits for a minute or so. All the lights are off, so the smaller team has a big advantage. The bigger team must find and eliminate the smaller team. Everyone has pistols, and instead of a flashlight, they get just a laser pointer. It's actually pretty hard to use, since it shows no light at all. The only things you get from the laser are depth, and that it shines brighter on white, and not bright at all on black. It's pretty scary and intense, if you're not real careful and paying a whole lot of attention, you can miss someone that's either laying on a bed, or just standing in a corner or closet. It's really scary 'cause you gotta get in the room, search it out and make sure it's clear. Otherwise when you continue further down the hallway, they can some up from behind.

Then we do lots of other outdoor games.

#6 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:46 PM

My group nerfs in the UB Student Union. It's quite spacious, with multiple levels, overhead walkways, and the lot. In fact, <plug type='shameles'>we're having one there in two months.</plug>. They won't let us turn off the lights, presumable for liability reasons.

#7 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:20 AM

I use to go to the Armageddon's and YANO's but I haven't been able to get rides anymore so I introduced NERF to my friends at my new school. We eventually started NERFing in my big house, mainly VIP since we start from my bedroom to the farthest room downstairs. Whether its night/day we stick one person with the Dart tag vest who becomes the VIP and since its indoors, we use minimal modded weapons and stock DTTG ammo. It works out pretty well, especially the few who have fireflies that clear out the rooms and provide suppressive fire.

#8 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

We usually do outdoor wars near me. We either go down to the elementary school and use the jungle gym as cover or we play outside my house using random objects for cover. As for weapons we all have NF's and BBB's, as most of you who attended BCNO saw. Although we have 3 longshot's. Only one member actually uses it right now due to one being unmodded and mine being broken.
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#9 Gatman600

Gatman600

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

Me and my friends usually end up doing two on twos in my house with any gun that comes handy, we have two modded bbb's, two modded nf's, a POS longshot, modded L'n'L, and a modded doubleshot :lol:
occasionally we nerf in my friend's huge yard/house in the daytime.
" I felt a great disturbance...as if a hundred evil bastards on an oil derrick suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. Strange." -Fallout 2

#10 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:03 PM

I employ the "awesome" style.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#11 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:52 PM

I employ the "awesome" style.

-Groove

I can't believe you beat me to it. But regardless, I also subscribe to a style often labeled "awesome".

Edited by Evil, 26 August 2007 - 05:52 PM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#12 Senor Wolfwood

Senor Wolfwood

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:29 PM

I use the "HOLYSHITHEJUSTPUTHISBALLSINMYMOUTH" style. Yes, that was a "Complete Frag" reference, because it came in the mail today.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Oct 23 2007, 12:13 AM) View Post

Dumbest rule ever.
There are better ways of getting a womans clothes off.

I hate ipods and most of their owners.

AKA: Earle_The_Magnificent

#13 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:04 PM

i like playing with bases made anywhere be in all around the house or in the outdoors i need a base and i shall conquer all and we are allowed to use any guns we like and we play 3v3 often (me n some friends).
i also like playing lights out inside my huge ass room and haveing corner bases 15ft away from each other lol. :P

#14 deathwolf

deathwolf

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:08 PM

I usually like to play shirtless at close range with high-powered guns. (LBB, Max Shot, Ect.)

I'm not kidding.
BROOD XIII

#15 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:43 PM

I usually like to play shirtless at close range with high-powered guns. (LBB, Max Shot, Ect.)

I'm not kidding.

So you're playing style would be awkwardly-homosexual then? Good to know...I mean, not good enough to write in a post good...but like better than learning you have testicular cancer good.

VACC
~don't bother~

#16 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:47 PM

Outdoor while it it still light out. I lose to many darts indoor.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#17 deathwolf

deathwolf

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

I'm not kidding.

So you're playing style would be awkwardly-homosexual then? Good to know...I mean, not good enough to write in a post good...but like better than learning you have testicular cancer good.

VACC
~don't bother~

I dunno, Vacc. I think its less of 'awkwardly-homosexual' and more of 'not afraid of a little pain'

However, 'awkwardly-homosexual' is still better than having testicular cancer.
BROOD XIII

#18 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:32 PM

I once had a topless duel in the middle of winter in an Assassin game. There was a dispute that led to a duel in the street. We went topless because we wouldn't be able to feel the darts hitting each other with jackets on.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#19 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:34 PM

It depends on the situation. I tend to use tactics and cover for my own advantage. My aresnal is packed with long-range power weapons with a few rapid-fire secondaries for room-clearing and gunning down clusters of targets with the ill fortune to stand too close together. I conserve ammunition at range, and only take shots I know will hit. That includes five headshots on a moving target with my 4B, sporting only basic mods. For sidearms, I like to keep compact power. That means NFs, Crossfinders, etc. Accuracy is a major portion of my play, because I don't like the ideology that if you shoot enough darts, you'll eventually hit something.

I also play in colder weather or indoors. It is more convenient, and I won't sweat my ass off in the heat and black wardrobe.

Up close, I can be the one-man Viet-Cong.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 07 September 2007 - 02:44 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#20 theschief

theschief

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:35 PM

Our group has a plethora of locations. Local schools and fields. However, my personal favorite is Saxon Woods Park, a fairly large wooded area with streams, cliffs, trees, skunk cabbage, and interesting rock formations.
My playing style you ask? I love fighting guerrilla warfare. Sneaking around, hitting people when they aren't looking and fading back into the trees......
nerfer34
Your account will not be functional until June 23, 20007 9:59 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

+ Silver BBB
+ Ball Blaster and Buzzsaw......

#21 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

I'm not kidding.

VACC
~don't bother~

ok calm down he prlly like playing without a shirt because:
1 you sweat alot (which is pretty gay)
2 you get marks if hit on bare skin.

#22 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:48 PM

ok calm down he prlly like playing without a shirt because:
1 you sweat alot (which is pretty gay)
2 you get marks if hit on bare skin.

Don't lecture VACC. Don't use chatroom abbreviations and shorthand. Use capitalization and better spelling and grammar. I PM'ed you about this to help you, and you didn't take anything into consideration.

Related to the topic:

I was wondering how many of you guys actually barrel-tap while playing (I expect most of you), and how many would choose to just run out and Rambo everyone with an RF20 or other automatic.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#23 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

I've been known to barrel tap from time to time. I don't get the opportunity very often though.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#24 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

First off, I use a Magstrike. So the only reason I would consider barrel tapping someone is if I could get to them real easy and I have very little to no added chance of getting shot than if I just shot them. I'll barrel tap people if they fire at me while I'm rushing their team. As long as I'm not in a terrible position, I'll just rush at the other team, taking out every person I can. My newest weapon setup (and my current favorite) is my Magstrike in my hand, with my holstered Nitefinder and a Crossfire in each pocket. One round we had at our last war was a 4v5, with my team having 4. After my teammates took out one person, I rushed in and got their entire team out, we never lost a person. That my favorite round of that day.

#25 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:50 AM

I'm usually a rusher, I use a PC with an LnL (both modded) with Stefans. I also cover people with longer-range guns to make sure that we as a team don't get rushed. I'm a pretty effective "sweeper": I've been known to take down 3 or 4 people in one salvo. I played mostly outdoor. When I'm playing more conservatively, I use three-shot bursts from the PC to hit targets (as the PC isn't overly accurate, and I have a perfect sense of timing for firing). I too like to sneak around when the situation presents itself. I'm also not afraid to sacrifice myself to save my teamates, if the situation calls for it. It's been a long while since I played, and I don't think I'll be able to again as I'm moving to Taiwan, and I wasn't able to make it to any wars the last couple of years, since I'm near KC and I'm in the black hole of Nerfing. The two major wars I was at were two SENO's that used to take place in Alabama/Georgia.

I'm wanting to flame some people right now, but I haven't been on for a long while and don't want to waste my time.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users