Photo

Late September Nj War

Jiggle nuts?

60 replies to this topic

#51 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

Dark Shrimp can catch a ride with me if he is OK to drive up to me.

I'll have to take you up on that offer, but it is depending on wether one of the family cars is available my car is currently out of comission. Could we get some pics of the playing field or maybe just a description of the field?

I would still prefer having the war at Tindall.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#52 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:52 AM

We play in multiple spots on this field. Often the condition is woodsy. Images:

Posted Image
River crossing. Sometimes play here. I myself have never played here, but would like to.

Posted Image
Base #1 and the most typical playing spot for us. Not quite as woodsy, and has trail to follow. High rock faces make for challenges in games. The next two images are of the same spot.

Posted Image
Base #2

Posted Image

Edited by Texansharpshooter, 14 September 2007 - 06:01 PM.

HERP DERP.

#53 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:52 AM

Saxon woods park is a very good place to nerf; it has some very close, yet isolated areas, is never patrolled, and most of the locals never use it. THe area where we nerf most of the time is a large boulder-strewn area.
Posted Image
This picture shows only part of the field, but most of the fighting takes place on the plateau on the top of the cliff.
The other field is an area that used to be used by mountain bikers. Basically, biking is illegal in this park, so the county made the bikers demolish all of the jumps, and such, that they had created. Now, there is a large non-forested basin with remnants of jumps and other terrain features. Also, there is a wooded hillside with smaller trails running through it.
Posted Image

z80 is currently in Ohio, so he should be able to give you more of a plan earlier next week.
I hope this helps you guys.
Funny, Wilson and I made the exact same post, at the same time.

Edited by CD-R, 14 September 2007 - 12:01 PM.

It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#54 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

Wow, I'm totally sold on this field. Those pictures are great. Ted, maybe I'll do something in October, or even the Thanksgiving war in Tindall.
I hate you.

#55 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:04 PM

Wow, I'm totally sold on this field.

I concur.

We need to use this field for Sept. 30. I am wondering what county the park is in and if the name of the park is Saxon Woods.
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#56 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:00 PM

the name of the park is Saxon Woods, and it is in westchester county.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#57 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

If I am google mapping the right thing, Saxon Woods is closer to me than Tindall by about 12 miles. This is shaping up quite well for me.
I hate you.

#58 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

Hersh, if you're getting a drive in the range of 50 minutes, you found the right place.

New topic and directions soon to come in the next 4-5 days.

Edited by Texansharpshooter, 14 September 2007 - 05:59 PM.

HERP DERP.

#59 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:54 PM

We will be starting at 10 oclock as Evil stated. It is just how most wars work. If you need to come later, it is alright. Also, I could get my mom to pick you up at the train station probably if you need. The area is good for nerfing (Though I don't think we have ever played at the river crossing...)
Additionally, I got a new big salvo in Ohio, and am going to buy tons of weights at cabelas. This war should be tons of fun.
Also, restrictions on guns: pretty much nothing. If there is something too degenerate, we can and will ban it, but that probably won't happen. Everyone should bring a single shot pistol for gunslinger heaven. People should bring their own lunch and drinks. Bugspray should be applied, but I don't think the bugs will be too much of a problem. Everyone should watch out when on the tall rocks, if you fall, you will die or seriously injure yourself.

#60 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:42 PM

Sorry for sounding like a jerk about the start time - I can bear missing some of it. I'm just excited about the terrain [finally some real woods and cover] and to test my new acquisitions [Max Shot and pair of AT3Ks]. I'll finally be able to ditch the Longshot if my new guns arrive and can be modded in time.

I am confirming if it indeed will be on the 30th. Now to see what the timetables are like on Sundays...

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#61 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:57 AM

Hersh, if you're getting a drive in the range of 50 minutes, you found the right place.

New topic and directions soon to come in the next 4-5 days.

Already made a new topic and am adding it to the 2007 East Coast Schedule now.

I hope you guys like the event name "Battle for New York"...

Edited by Evil, 15 September 2007 - 11:01 AM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users