What Happened

to the karma system

14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

What happened to the karma system that CXWQ was planning to implement? Did it get decided against, or did CXWQ not have time to code it? I'm not complaining, I like NerfHaven the way it is, I'm just wondering what happened.

Edited by yourface, 23 August 2007 - 04:38 PM.

#2 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

There would be no coding needed as there are plugins for IPB. I guess he just doesn't have the time/desire.

#3 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

Umm.... What exactly is the Karma system?
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#4 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

It allows people to give people + or - Karma depending on if they liked/disliked their post.

#5 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

It's more complicated then that. People, after reaching a certain karma level or something, would become a moderator. They would be able to moderate using mod points, and would become a regular member again when they run out. I'm not a big fan of this system, mostly because I'm used to seeing asses kicked by the same small group of people.

#6 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

I've never been on a forum with a karma or kudos system where the situation didn't turn into a complete clusterfuck in a few months and get turned off. The annoyingness of postwhores has nothing on kudos whores. "and remember, if you like this mod, karma me up!" :rolleyes:

Edited by telekinetic, 23 August 2007 - 10:00 PM.

Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#7 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:35 PM

I came on board, therefore, no need for any karma system.
I hate you.

#8 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

I came on board, therefore, no need for any karma system.

OMC, that made my day. Hilarious. But so true. Would it be out of line for me to suggest that you are perhaps the next Talio?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#9 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:05 PM

OMC, that made my day. Hilarious. But so true. Would it be out of line for me to suggest that you are perhaps the next Talio?

I think he would prefer forum linebacker.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#10 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

NEXT!? Fuck that noise! I was the FIRST Talio; before he knew what a nerf gun was. He's still a good friend of mine. I wish he still had the time to devote to the hobby.
I hate you.

#11 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

I don't think anyone can be the next Talio. No offense meant to OMC, it's just that Talio is...well, he's Talio. He's a fucking viking. And we miss him dearly.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#12 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:45 PM

Yeah, we miss him, but a lot of members are breathing sighs of relief that he ISN'T active.

But no one should be breathing that for long. We's been getting our share of nitwits removed. Some of them I've done pretty quietly, practicing my forum ninja skills.

Yo Promy, you've done shaken up the ol' admin nest now. We be buzzin' around, lookin for someone to sting.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#13 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:19 AM

Please, I don't fucking miss Talio any more than I'd miss any of you. The cold hard truth is you're all fucking expendable. The Mods, the Admins, Our members; Expendable. This site, expendable, the hobby, and the whole fucking internet, Expendable. Vacc doesn't need any of you assholes, and when the mood takes me you'll all be replaced. That's right people, don't get fucking complacent. I will clean house on the entire NIC like a crackwhore with the 5-0 at the door. Hope you like the fucking toilet, bitches.

VACC
~the original~

#14 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:48 AM

Vacc doesn't need any of you assholes, and when the mood takes me you'll all be replaced.

You two faced sonofabitch. That's not what you said last night! I thought what we had was.....special.... I don't think I can see you anymore if that's how you really feel.

Groove, no offense taken. I couldn't have put it better myself. I miss him like the sun misses the flower.
I hate you.

#15 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:54 AM

Please, I don't fucking miss Talio any more than I'd miss any of you. The cold hard truth is you're all fucking expendable. The Mods, the Admins, Our members; Expendable. This site, expendable, the hobby, and the whole fucking internet, Expendable. Vacc doesn't need any of you assholes, and when the mood takes me you'll all be replaced. That's right people, don't get fucking complacent. I will clean house on the entire NIC like a crackwhore with the 5-0 at the door. Hope you like the fucking toilet, bitches.

VACC
~the original~

Group hug?

:P

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users