Photo

Maverick Removable Clip Mod (alteration To Someone's Mod)

3 replies to this topic

#1 Draggy

Draggy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:03 PM

Ok, I recently ran across a Maverick clip modification by nerfer909 here on NH, and thought it was really cool! Here's a link to his mod: http://nerfhaven.com...l=Maverick clip

However, I realized upon reading it that there is a better way to do this kind of mod, withOUT having to cause any harm to the main shell of the gun! So I fiddled around, and came up with this version of nerfer909's mod.

Oh, and I in no way claim the original idea for this mod as my own. I simply made a few alterations to the original mod.

Course, I'm typing this without having any pictures ready, so let me type this up then get some good pictures.

( Just so no one's confused, the text corresponds with each image DIRECTLY below it.)

First, take your gun apart so you can get to the barrel.
Posted Image

Take the back part of the barrel off (the part where the air restricters were).
Posted Image

Next, undo the two screws in the middle to take off the back swing arm.
Posted Image

Save the orange piece that comes out,
Posted Image
and put that piece back on the back piece of the barrel, making it look like this.
Posted Image

Now for this part you can do it a number of different ways. What I did was I took the front swing arm, and cut off the straight piece that usually holds it on the gun, allowing it to slide completely out.
Posted Image

The other thing you do is cut off most of the front swing arm and leave just the round part the steel rod goes through.
Posted Image
The reason it's good to keep the front swing arm, or at least the round part, is because it allows you to keep the steel rod and orange things, which actually help keep the barrel stabilized in the gun. The other thing you can do is find something to fill the gap left without that round part there.

After being put back together, your barrel should look something like this,
Posted Image

Or this.
Posted Image

And then you can put your gun back together!
Posted Image

Here's a video demonstrating how it functions:

Now, I'm not doing this just to one-up nerfer909. I just happened to like his idea, and saw that it could use some improvement/alterations to eliminate any destruction to the shell of the gun. Because in the end it's almost ALWAYS about looks! XD

Anywho, I hope that I did ok for my first time posting a modification, even if it's inspired off of one someone else did. I would have posted it on the thread nerfer909 created, but I thought I'd create it in a new thread so as to get more attention for it. Admins, if you don't like this, just let me know and I'll get rid of this ^^;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just two quick things. First off, just so no one else goes asking "What're the ranges?", I'll say it now for everyone: I mostly mod my Mavericks for function over long range. Removing the restrictors and such is enough modding for distance for me ^^; If I want distance, I stick with my Longshot.

And lastly, does Nerf still produce the BLUE Mavericks? I really like the blue ones more, so I'm just curious ^^;

Edited by Draggy, 22 August 2007 - 11:55 PM.

What the pfargtl?!

#2 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:07 PM

What are the ranges?
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#3 Draggy

Draggy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:26 PM

What are the ranges?

I do not know, I cannot test it right now, but I actually tried something new with the yellow clip. Since the only two OLD nerf guns I have that used the old Mega darts do not work anymore, I took a couple of my megas and cut them up, putting the pieces inside the space where the air restrictors were. I'm hoping this will make a better flow of air, instead of the air swirling in that space, since it goes through a narrow opening, into a larger space, and then through another opening that's smaller than the space it just entered.

Yeah, I'm just being random. I mostly did this mod for the purpose of quick reloading instead of super range. I consider the Maverick a close-quarters gun, so the removal of the air restrictors is enough for me ^^;
What the pfargtl?!

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:46 PM

Neato.

I took a couple of my megas and cut them up, putting the pieces inside the space where the air restrictors were. I'm hoping this will make a better flow of air, instead of the air swirling in that space, since it goes through a narrow opening, into a larger space, and then through another opening that's smaller than the space it just entered.

Check out this mod for a better air seal.

Nice write up with clear pictures and complete with a demonstration video.
Awsome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users