Concept For Longshot Mod

Concept for Longshot mod

19 replies to this topic

#1 Galorn

Galorn

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:38 PM

Has anyone tried to mod a longshot to have a one pull cocking lever kinda like an M16?
(Ie you pull the bolt back and it pulls itself forward, the big knob bothers me a bit.)
My heatware info;

Username: Galorn
Email: Galorn2@aol.com

#2 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:50 PM

Not exactly sure what you mean but have you tried searching for it?
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#3 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:51 PM

I hate to play moderator here but.....

Here's what Piney says he DOES NOT WANT, it's on the FRONTPAGE too.

"-- More "Concept and Idea" threads, of which many, by the poster's own admission, will never come to pass (or what I call the " I'd try this but I don't have money or time to do it" wet dreams). All talk, no substance.

Enough is enough.

Consider this announcement fair warning. The administrative staff has been both absent, and tolerant for the newer flood of users, and the so-called new "veterans" whose member number is below 4000.

We will not warn you. You will be suspended with little indication. The boards will become readable again without turning stomachs watching the playground arguments form online."

how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:04 PM

Impractical, so no. It would be too difficult to hook up an extension spring, or another compression spring, in order to move the bolt handle forward. Plus, it would mean that more strength is needed to pull back the handle, which is only an issue after a spring replacement. It also make more sense to just "take the bolt handle with you" when your hand moves forward again to the foregrip.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#5 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

Yes. I forget who. All you need to do is use a reverse compression spring on it.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#6 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:20 PM

Yeah, read the above post.
But why would you want to?
The Longshot itself is crammed with a bunch of shit. And I'm not sure where you would put the spring to do that.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:39 PM

If you did that to a longshot you would no longer have a way to load the magazine.

a reverse compression spring

WHAT?!?
I think you mean "extension spring". Reverse compression would mean an explosion.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 21 August 2007 - 11:40 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:29 AM

That would be a pretty awesome spring.

#9 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

I read this and tried putting on rubber bands on the bolt.

It actually works.

And makes it look ghetto.

And you have to take off the rubber band to reload.

HOWEVER, make note that my LS is unmodded, as I cannot open it up. Stupid screw.

Edited by el swifto, 22 August 2007 - 12:42 AM.

#10 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:05 AM

Unless I misunderstand, it would be entirely possible to reload provided that you held the handle in place.

#11 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:12 AM

Modding a nerf gun with the intent of making it like a real gun (M16, in this case) is grounds for disaster and making a fool of yourself.

Nerf guns are not real guns. No need to try and make them as similar as possible.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#12 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:27 AM

You could just put a long rubber band around the muzzle and one side of the bolt. Like what el Swifto said.

Edited by Spectre666, 22 August 2007 - 03:30 AM.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#13 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:53 AM

You could easily pop the case off and put the rubberbands internal. There's quite a bit more room for stuff in there than you might suspect.
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#14 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:01 AM

Modding a nerf gun with the intent of making it like a real gun (M16, in this case) is grounds for disaster and making a fool of yourself.

Nerf guns are not real guns. No need to try and make them as similar as possible.

I think that there's a lot of difference between trying to emulate a real gun an trying to emulate a real feature of a gun.

#15 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:27 AM

I think that if you were going to do this, an elastic cord inside would be the way to go. However, I agree with everyone saying that this is unnecessary and not worth the work.

I think that there's a lot of difference between trying to emulate a real gun an trying to emulate a real feature of a gun.

I agree. If he had left it as a description of a self-closing bolt, nobody would be commenting about emulating real guns. Only because he compared it to one for ease of explanation is the comparison being made.

At least, that's how I understand it.

#16 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:37 PM

I think that if you were going to do this, an elastic cord inside would be the way to go. However, I agree with everyone saying that this is unnecessary and not worth the work.

I agree. If he had left it as a description of a self-closing bolt, nobody would be commenting about emulating real guns. Only because he compared it to one for ease of explanation is the comparison being made.

At least, that's how I understand it.

Exactly. Just like the scout, the cocking handle returns forward, like a real pistol. It tries to emulate a pistol feature, but the idea is similar in this case. People just need to analyze more what is being said.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#17 Senor Wolfwood

Senor Wolfwood

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

Yes, this does work. All you need for it is a good piece of elastic or one of those little 8~ish" bungee cords you can buy like, 20 of for five buckaroonies at Walmart. I hooked the hooks onto the priming handle, and now it is pull back, release. I'm using a 12 shot clip, so reloading is not a problem, because I usually don't need to reload that often, and I'm working on a little suprise for everyone, so look out for it in the oicture thread.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Oct 23 2007, 12:13 AM) View Post

Dumbest rule ever.
There are better ways of getting a womans clothes off.

I hate ipods and most of their owners.

AKA: Earle_The_Magnificent

#18 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

So this is now truly semi automatic? One pull for reloading, then you can shoot, then shoot again with it reloading itself??
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#19 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

No, this simply means you only pull the lever back and the rubber band pulls it forward for you.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#20 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:44 AM

Okay thank you for clarifying.